• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #24: Xmas goes to those with courage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I wouldn't know I'm not a big fan of infamous. But having country level fire power and being worried by nukes are the kind of inconsistencies that come with authors not understanding physics. That doesn't mean we just ignore the feat unless there's sufficient reason to discredit it. But the author being dumb isn't enough, which is why death of the author is a thing here.
Personally, I disagree in this case since it doesn’t seem concrete enough. If the Beast was pulling off something like fracturing the moon like it’s future self does, I wouldn’t dispute it and say the nuke is the obvious outlier. Main timeline Beast needed more feats for me.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I will say it seems a bit odd without how skeptical we a few months ago about Garou and Saitama snuffing out stars and leaving a hole in space with how setting-breaking that seemed.

Ironically, I was pushing for that one since that seemed like a pretty clear cut feat to me

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
even paxtroll, who is a kamachi bot, programmed by kamachi himself

knows more than you in that aspect, lmao :mjlol

don't worry

if you practice/read more obd stuff, you gon reach paxtroll levels, someday :mjlol

Thank you for the kind words (despite having little faith in me initially), Blade. :yousmart

Personally, I disagree in this case since it doesn’t seem concrete enough. If the Beast was pulling off something like fracturing the moon like it’s future self does, I wouldn’t dispute it and say the nuke is the obvious outlier. Main timeline Beast needed more feats for me.

Again, you primarily bring up shit Touma does and then constantly is in trouble for far less, that's EXACTLY what Blade and Kurou are bringing up in that those inconsistencies shouldn't matter to the larger term of feats.

Why do you think we constantly give them shit for how they constantly go for the lowest end possible because "It breaks the setting" like with Star Wars, Fate, Naruto, etc, etc.
Authors don't understand VS. debates and they shouldn't, news at 11.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Again, you primarily bring up shit Touma does and then constantly is in trouble for far less, that's EXACTLY what Blade and Kurou are bringing up in that those inconsistencies shouldn't matter to the larger term of feats.

Why do you think we constantly give them shit for how they constantly go for the lowest end possible because "It breaks the setting" like with Star Wars, Fate, Naruto, etc, etc.
Authors don't understand VS. debates and they shouldn't, news at 11.
Again, read what I said, if the Beast showed off more, I wouldn’t dispute the nuke argument at all.

Touma is about as far off from that as you can get

Convo is probably not the best place for this argument

We literally have my Misconceptions Thread stickied and Astaro was in it.
We constantly explained why this shit doesn't work and shouldn't work in a VS. setting.
Authors don't know VS. Debates and get shit constantly confused(Akira Toriyama is INFAMOUS for sucking hardcore at Math and other deals and being extremely lazy. We have seen him make errors when it comes to how much Z-Characters can lift because he has no major idea of how heavy Tons are(Goku struggling with 40 Tons... despite easily fighting in x100 Earth's Gravity for instance which would LONG Crystalize a person's blood among everything else and then when it came to DBS, showing Vegeta having issues lifting 1000 Tons... despite again, so many feats make that virtually impossible even in early DB-DBZ)
And sometimes, they write things to try and engage the reader into their story, not for powerlevel concerns(Which is why you will have characters dodge Lightning, Light and fight people who can cause destruction on an intergalactic scale... but otherwise run at normal speeds and never endanger the Towns/Cities/Planet they are fighting on).

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
Disregard Tumor and no aru

image.png

We got primal armor baby

which means kojima missile builds again lesgooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Again, read what I said, if the Beast showed off more, I wouldn’t dispute the nuke argument at all.

Touma is about as far off from that as you can get
It doesn't really need to?

Its current self can produce country level energies and the future one can apparently crack the moon? In this case there is nothing contradicting the feats outside of it being worried about nukes which we can again chalk up to the author not understanding physics. Now if you had it's past self cracking the moon and the future one struggling to part clouds or what have you you could argue that the feats are just to inconsistent but in this case not really

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

Its current self can produce country level energies and the future one can apparently crack the moon? In this case there is nothing contradicting the feats outside of it being worried about nukes which we can again chalk up to the author not understanding physics. Now if you had it's past self cracking the moon and the future one struggling to part clouds or what have you you could argue that the feats are just to inconsistent but in this case not really
In this case, because the narration says The Beast initially was something Cole (Kessler) could face off but chose to flee with his family instead. After years of avoiding it, Kessler lost his family and the Beast was now so strong, it was something he could no longer fight on his own.

Kessler at that time is basically Peak Cole and even has powers Cole himself never developed like time travel.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2

i even posted the reasons, they the same nig, despite alt space/time shenanigans :smh

another casual

feat for his present self is this

latest

latest

and another, crazy cloud feat, near the end of the game, john surrounding most countries around him, since it was stated to engulf on worldwide scale with insane amount of cloud layers and terraforming the surrounding, and end of game cole = the mc, did this

latest

latest

latest

fp cole wiping the plague off the face of the earth, but also fully parting all the clouds on that scale they were formed = insane

just smh

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
Maybe it's just me but I think that looks really cool, white outfits always tend to look good and it's a nice upgrade from the red military outfit he had in 6. :awesome

Maximilian: "Lars is always gonna look like a Power Ranger."
Me: "And it's always gonna look cool to me. :maybe

he is a final fantasy ranger, and is the new white ranger too :mjpls

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
i even posted the reasons, they the same nig, despite alt space/time shenanigans :smh

another casual

feat for his present self is this

latest

latest

and another, crazy cloud feat, near the end of the game, john surrounding most countries around him, since it was stated to engulf on worldwide scale with insane amount of cloud layers and terraforming the surrounding, and end of game cole = the mc, did this

latest

latest

latest

fp cole wiping the plague off the face of the earth, but also fully parting all the clouds on that scale they were formed = insane

just smh
The last one wasnt Cole, that was the RFI that removed the plague.

Garbage Punch Man

Like seriously, how do you go from this
page_42-43.png
To this
48.png
Doing a complete 180 in redrawing a chapter two weeks later. Some shit had to be happening in the background to make a chance this big. Because shitty writing can explain doing one or the other, but not both.
Also that page with Ugly and Tatsumaki is weird because it is straight from a hentai but ONE has written some sus stuff, like Puri-Puri Prisoner and that one page from Mob Psycho 100 with the aliens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back