• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #25: Merry Christmas!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm becoming more convinced at this stage that this is just a power grab from Vince, to fully regain control over WWE and run it his way, which is into the ground, but he doesn't care. Vinny Mac's ego will always come before all else. :russ :mjlol

Maybe, I'm not arguing that at all. All I'm pointing out is that looking through actual Journalists and even someone who knows the actual process in CNBC(And they are usually superior to Journalists), he ain't selling to the Saudis at all or nothing has been confirmed in the slightest and people went full retard over it.

To be 100% frank, I expected Vince will be back eventually because nothing concrete ever came up from the allegations and he still had majority stock in the company. Stephanie also showed most of the time she didn't even want to be there anymore(I'm pretty sure she left her position for a leave of absence before Vince had to leave his Chairman post) and only came back due to obligation.

So yeah, I saw this coming and it's funny how so little people believed Vince, the absolute workaholic, wasn't going to come back whatsoever.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
@Derpmaster9000 @Claudio Swiss @NostalgiaFan
You guys want to truly find what's so funny about this situation?

Not only is someone knowledgeable in this situation telling Wrestling Twitter to go fuck themselves.

They got their news... from a fucking REDDITOR!
Now this is actual fucking comedy! :russ

Hold on, give me a moment...

Cracks Me Up Steve Harvey GIF by ABC Network

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I have no interest in Harry Potter nor initial interest in this game but between the devs seemingly lack of the usual pandering and goal to genuinely make a good game that also respects the source material and woketards utterly sperging out over all of it, I’ve literally got this game on Pre-Order for PS5 lol

Randomdude

Preeminent
I can never understand the love for Overlord, not one iota.
Ainz isn't even all that interesting and he's the typical "Evil Isekai Protagonist" that is hardcarried by the fact that everyone else fucking sucks.
Even Kirito has ultimately more bite to him than Ainz does as it's truly amazing that's all people like Ainz for:
The fact he stomps everyone in his setting and thus he can somehow stomp everyone in other settings because "It's Ainz"
I mean within the context of his own story theres the whole question of how much of his evil is a result of the numb dystopian salary man and how much is the literal magical lobotomy he's received. He also looks cool and most stories don't go for hard inhuman protagonist like ainz (like the next isekai I know of with a skeleton main character straight up cheats/the main character isn't actually undead because the author couldn't commit to the gimmick)

For all ainz problems the novels don't skimp on the fact being a fleshless skeleton kinda sucks, especially after coming from a world where earthly pleasures were so rare/infrequent. Like ainz ask his subordinates how food taste because he doesn't have the means to taste, and often wonders how well the scales balance out when it comes to being undead

Tension wise yeah ainz is just fricken out of scale with his world and hard carried by stupid levels of luck. Like last book he finally found out who mind controlled shalltear, slaughtered one of the only noteworthy god kin while capturing the single most powerful talent holder and godkin in new world by word of god, simply because he decided to take a vacation. Im willing to bet ainz is going to jack her talent to have even more bullshit to pull on

(her talent is the ablity to copy powers/abilities from equipment she's using. She can even copy things like the goal of all life is death because the equipment she's using belonged to a overlord with a similar build to ainz. Ainz has a treasurery full of the most op shit used by the most op people in all yggdrassil. It was established in book three he could steal talents. Not hard to see where thats going)

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

This is the article that got me to buy this game. Shit reads like a fucking parody. Literally anyone buying this game is a transphobe according to the author. I can only imagine some deranged far leftist weirdo hanging around outside a GameStop at the game’s launch screaming and harassing every person that buys the game, if not outright assaulting them.

Them calling even kids that have no clue of the drama surrounding Rowling and just enjoy Harry Potter bigots and transphobes too most likely.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
I mean within the context of his own story theres the whole question of how much of his evil is a result of the numb dystopian salary man and how much is the literal magical lobotomy he's received.
tbh, that just makes him worse in my eyes. Ainz feels like he's just been manufactured to become instantly evil when he gets turned undead cause he was already a husk of a human beforehand. No actual personality other than being a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back