• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #26: Forth Eorlingas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
it was still a hugely successful game and was “the most awarded game of all time” until Elden Ring beat it. It should not be any surprise they were going to adapt that

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
it was still a hugely successful game and was “the most awarded game of all time” until Elden Ring beat it. It should not be any surprise they were going to adapt that
Yeah but the game had it's GAMEPLAY to fall back on which people generally enjoyed even if they hated the story.

Whereas a TV show has to get by on story alone, with TLOU2's story being pretty generally panned except by the woke crowd. It doesn't make any sense to adapt that in a medium with nothing else to fall back on.

Last edited:

El Hermano

Acclaimed
Yeah but the game had it's GAMEPLAY to fall back on which people generally enjoyed even if they hated a story.

Whereas a TV show has to get by on story alone, with TLOU2's story being pretty generally panned except by the woke crowd. It doesn't make any sense to update that in a medium with nothing else to fall back on.
Druckmann lives to shamelessly peddle his agenda and intentionally piss people off. Our only hope is that Craig Mazin pulls the leash and tones it down to a level where it actually works and is digestible.

El Hermano

Acclaimed
That makes sense at least.

Did the 1st season have any notable changes?

Would seem unlikely they'll alter Part 2 if they didn't change anything from Part 1.
I've watched the pilot so far, and from what I've heard about the other episode it's been pretty damn loyal. Thing is, right now it's loyal because the first game is actually good in terms of storytelling...because Druckmann didn't have the biggest say and was reigned in by a director. So them being loyal and adapting to the screen exactly what made everyone fall in love with the first game makes sense.

Question is - are they going to be loyal to the sequel or is Mazin going to enforce some fundemental changes that will actually make its narrative work?

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Yeah but the game had it's GAMEPLAY to fall back on which people generally enjoyed even if they hated the story.

Whereas a TV show has to get by on story alone, with TLOU2's story being pretty generally panned except by the woke crowd. It doesn't make any sense to adapt that in a medium with nothing else to fall back on.
it was praised by tons of people for the story though. I know this forum hated it but that very much seems to be a vocal minority , it won best storytelling :skully
im not saying the story was good but as far as I can tell the wider public liked it, and people are liking the show so it’s no surprise they’re gonna do part 2

fwiw I know a lot of transgender people though and they weren’t happy with their portrayal in the game

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Pascal can’t catch a break, he’s like the new generation sean bean
Going to be an even worse death than how Denzel kill him in the Equalizer 2

It’s fine, the number of actual gamers that gave it average to poor score counters every reward it got from journalists

EopSmAZXYAAWvkh

Why the fuck would they even go through with adapting Last of Us Part 2 when they should be well aware of how "divisive" (to put it mildly) it was?

Are they TRYING to lose viewers?
I’m just laughing at how HBO will be caught in another Game of Thrones Season 8 situation

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
That makes sense at least.

Did the 1st season have any notable changes?

Would seem unlikely they'll alter Part 2 if they didn't change anything from Part 1.
From what I’ve seen, it’s faithful but otherwise a poor man’s version of the game, with the few changes it does being for the worse.

Tess in the Last of Us went down fighting in the game, killing several soldiers before getting gunned down to avoid turning into an infected and to buy Joel and Ellie time to escape.

In the TV show, she dies blowing herself up while taking a big, sloppy, and needlessly dragged out kiss from a fungus zombie.

Great job, Neil “I represent the WAMEN” Druckmann, fetishizing the death of one of the few well-written and actually strong female characters in this whole series.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Tess in the Last of Us went down fighting in the game, killing several soldiers before getting gunned down to avoid turning into an infected and to buy Joel and Ellie time to escape.

In the TV show, she dies blowing herself up while taking a big, sloppy, and needlessly dragged out kiss from a fungus zombie.
:scust
Great job, Neil “I represent the WAMEN” Druckmann, fetishizing the death of one of the few well-written female characters in this series.
Yes I "represent the women" by turning them into muscle-bound freaks that act like men.

Elena Fisher >>>>>>>>>>> Any "Woman" in Last of Us.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
:scust

Yes I "represent the women" by turning them into muscle-bound freaks that act like men.

Elena Fisher >>>>>>>>>>> Any "Woman" in Last of Us.
The explanation by Druckmann for this OOC moment of the Infected never demonstrated anywhere else is that it “sensed” that Tess was Infected and decided to “non-violently” infect her by essentially molesting her.

1) It’s no less violent really and even more degrading for the victim even, showing how out of touch Druckmann is

2) It doesn’t make sense since Ellie’s also Infected and Infected will still gladly bite her throat off or tear her face off like anyone else in both games. In fact, the Infected will gladly cannibalize even each other no less viciously if given a chance in the second game by you shoving one Infected into another.

The fungus clearly operates by increasing aggression and degrading the brain of the infected to get them feral so as to spread by them mauling others.

Chloe Frazer too

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The explanation by Druckmann for this OOC moment of the Infected never demonstrated anywhere else is that it “sensed” that Tess was Infected and decided to “non-violently” infect her by essentially molesting her.
More like SOMEONE has a fucked up fetish and he's just trying to rationalize showing it on-screen.
1) It’s no less violent really and even more degrading for the victim even, showing how out of touch Druckmann is

2) It doesn’t make sense since Ellie’s also Infected and Infected will still gladly bite her throat off or tear her face off like anyone else in both games. In fact, the Infected will gladly cannibalize even each other no less viciously if given a chance in the second game by you shoving one Infected into another.

The fungus clearly operates by increasing aggression and degrading the brain of the infected to get them feral so as to spread by them mauling others.
Like it doesn't take a genius to realize that zombies "kissing" anything doesn't make any sense, unless it's a verse where they retain some sense of self and/or memories and this is not one of them.
Chloe Frazer too
True enough, but Elena is still best Uncharted girl. :maybe

And yet she somehow got left out of the movie. :breh

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Pretty much all those awards came from leftwing urinalists who aren't actual gamers though, or people with proper taste, and showered it with praise and awards purely as a virtue signal to show how progressive they are and what they want gaming to be.

We all saw what people actually thought when they voted for Ghost of Tsushima for game of the year in the only award the people actually had power over, instead of TLOU2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back