OBD Convo #29: outskirts nakama dome - no snatching edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Vegeta really should have been the one to have beaten Moro.

Would have really completed his redemption over what he did to the Namekians by not only getting back their life energy Moro stole like he managed but also actually beating the guy who killed them all.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Imagine Android 17 thinking he won at the end...only to get punched off the stage by a surprise attack from real Hit. :mjpls
I'm a greedy asshole, and would've preferred if Hit came back way stronger than before, thanks to his body adapting from the beating Jiren gave it, and throwing hands with him again. Either that, or after the UI fight, where Jiren's exhausted, just as he's about to blast Goku, instead of the lizard and 17 getting involved, Hit beats them to the punch, landing a brutal punch to his chest that gets him right in the heart. Not enough to kill, but more than enough to plant Jiren back down on his knees. The visual could've been great too, with Jiren looking up in surprise to see the nigga he thought he eliminated glaring down at him with 'payback time' written all over his face.

In all honesty, I would've re-written a good deal of the TOP, and instead of having it be a battle royal, have it be a round based tournament, where one universe goes against another and so forth. The one twist being that due to the clock reaching zero, two universes(could be 6 and 7, or 6 and 11) are tied and moved to the final for more fun. The TOP ends with either Jiren(who I'd absolutely write better than the anime or the manga, as it ain't hard with what they gave him) or Hit win the whole thing by the end. Would definitely not have uni 7 win, as they don't need to, in order for the universes to be brought back. Also sets up several rivals for Goku and Vegeta to be taken seriously, who don't live in uni 7, which helps sell the other universes.:yousmart

Hit managed to keep Jiren restrained long enough for the Saiyan Girls to get away. He at least went down like a chad, being a team player.

Which was promptly ruined by Califla wanting to fight Goku, but that's still better than just having Hit get stomped.

Honestly, Caulifla and Kale had Goku's number quite a few times and if they was more skilled(and likewise especially for Kefla), Goku would have been fucked, UI or not.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
In all honesty, I would've re-written a good deal of the TOP, and instead of having it be a battle royal, have it be a round based tournament, where one universe goes against another and so forth. The one twist being that due to the clock reaching zero, two universes(could be 6 and 7, or 6 and 11) are tied and moved to the final for more fun. The TOP ends with either Jiren(who I'd absolutely write better than the anime or the manga, as it ain't hard with what they gave him) or Hit win the whole thing by the end. Would definitely not have uni 7 win, as they don't need to, in order for the universes to be brought back. Also sets up several rivals for Goku and Vegeta to be taken seriously, who don't live in uni 7, which helps sell the other universes.:yousmart
Or alternatively we could keep the free for all battle, at least initially, just to separate the chaff from the wheat as it were. It would go on until each universe is down to its last few members. It'd then go into 1v1 fights either as part of a bracket or with two universes going against each other king of the hill style (ala the U7 vs U6 tournament). That way we'd get the free for all segment where teamwork would be paramount, then go into 1v1 fights when the fodder is out of the way.

I don't know, I just like my tournaments to have 1v1 fights so I'd like those to have been incorporated somehow.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Or alternatively we could keep the free for all battle, at least initially, just to separate the chaff from the wheat as it were. It would go on until each to its last few members. It'd then go into 1v1 fights either as part of a bracket or with two universes going against each other king of the hill style (ala the U7 vs U6 tournament). That way we'd get the free for all segment where teamwork would be paramount, then go into 1v1 fights when the fodder is out of the way.

I don't know, I just like my tournaments to have 1v1 fights so I'd like those to have been incorporated somehow.
Fair. Wouldn't have minded that either.:yousmart

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Honestly, Caulifla and Kale had Goku's number quite a few times and if they was more skilled(and likewise especially for Kefla), Goku would have been fucked, UI or not.
Yeah but Goku had to recover from his fight against Jiren DURING his fight with them. Pre-fusion that was pretty much the ONLY reason he was struggling at all against them.

It was still kind of a dick move to throw away Hit's sacrifice like that, weather Goku was worn out or not.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
image.png

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Now here's AEW's take on this shit with their "4 Pillars" and guess what they do? Just guess?
@Claudio Swiss @Nevermind @Darth Nihilus @Blade @Derpmaster9000

They basically bury themselves by bitching that they should have opportunities for the AEW World Championships like fucking heels, that they was scraping to the top, being jobbers, tag team goofs and basically being anything but actual contenders... but they want a Championship opportunity.

Meanwhile, Incel MJF even brings up that they had MENTORS! He literally buried them bringing up that every last one of them had a mentor(Sammy has Jericho, Jungle Boy had Christian Cage even if it didn't end well and Darby had Sting) so where they went in their career paths makes even less sense.
I don't give a fuck how or why people say "This was a good promo from all 3" when they made themselves look as pathetic as MJF did with his incel rant.

Sammy and Jungle Boy are failed acts anyway. Them getting a title shot under any alignment is laughable. Darby hasn't done anything lately.

Khan's storytelling makes Edward and Bella look like Beren and Luthien.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back