• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #29: outskirts nakama dome - no snatching edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
6942201-490quilge%27s_vollstandig%2C_biskiel.png

Those goofy-ass high-heels man

:hestonpls

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Stark's is good too, albeit a little basic and Grimmjow's is up there as well.

Yeah it is a shame.

Oh absolutely, Prime Akira bodies all three.

There's a reason they all take inspiration from Dragon Ball in some way or another.
Starrk is cool. Grimmjow isn’t bad, it just he doesn’t look anywhere near as cool as he does Unreleased.

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
I would go with an average.

Kishi probably doesn't hit the highs the other two do with their chars designs, but ... he also doesn't really have big fails in that department outside Burito.

Like, some of Kubo's and Oda's char design are downright hideous. Worst i can say about pre Burito Kishi is that he has ...mid or bland char designs.
Tobirama vs Hashirama is a big example of Kishi being inconsistent , with one looking memorable and the other looking like a Fodder

Arguably only the Villains had a consistency of looking memorable/Cool

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
6942201-490quilge%27s_vollstandig%2C_biskiel.png

Those goofy-ass shoes man

:hestonpls
I don't mind them, Quilge's kind of eccentric anyway so the shoes fit.

Though the sad thing is that this, unironically is one of the better designed Vollstandings.

Seriously Kubo, why is it Uryu's Letz Still takes a shit on most Vollstandings in terms of design?

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Legit how
Shit wasn't some ancient ass anime it smile the text book main stream anime
Because Azien buried the series that hard with his shitty pis and jobber aura that fans got fucking sick of it, it's anime getting finished after fullbringer and than the mess of a final arc that was manga 1000 year blood war that completely downgraded it to obscurity. It's honestly a miracle that Kubo stuck to giving the studio time to animate the final arc instead of giving up like so many mangaka would in that situation.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I don't mind them, Quilge's kind of eccentric anyway so the shoes fit.

Though the sad thing is that this, unironically is one of the better designed Vollstandings.

Seriously Kubo, why is it Uryu's Letz Still takes a shit on most Vollstandings in terms of design?
Best Volstandig for me. Probably Gerard. You can’t really go wrong with a giant.

Askin also one of the few times where a Kubo does a weird design that still manages to be cool.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Best Volstandig for me. Probably Gerard. You can’t really go wrong with a giant.

Askin also one of the few times where a Kubo does a weird design that still manages to be cool.
I didn't really like Askin's, I thought it looked lame.

As Nodt's was the best designed Vollstanding IMO.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I didn't really like Askin's, I thought it looked lame.

As Nodt's was the best designed Vollstanding IMO.
I thought it was neat. And it matched both Askin’s personality and powers.

As Nodt was cool but looked too much like Ulquiorra.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Probably alone on this but I actually like the villains in Naruto more than Bleach.

The Akatsuki were a better faction for me than either Espada or Sternritter

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Probably alone on this but I actually like the villains in Naruto more than Bleach.

The Akatsuki were a better faction for me than either Espada or Sternritter
Nah I'd definitely agree with that.

Naruto's problem with villains came from half-assed redemptions and out of nowhere final bosses but the Akatsuki in general, as well as Part 1 Orochimaru are > Bleach villains as a whole. Especially in terms of their impact on the story as a whole, they really did feel like a massive threat.

Only Mayuri or Muramasa really compete from the Bleach side.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I legit cannot understand the Genshin hype as just like you, I dropped it like 3 hours in.
Like you can say "It's not for me" but holy shit does it feel... wrong in the sense that Genshin feels like it wants to be this expansive MMO-Gacha game but goddamn do the Chinese suck for aesthetic.
You get either pretty boys, lolis or barely okay looking women and I hear excuses for it but it comes off so fucking lazy to not make a buff dude, buff ladies, women with actual asses, different types of weaponry and actual difficult modes.

Genshin reminds me of what FFXIV... except it tries to do what it does miserably.
it's the same in Honkai, but the guys are all actually pretty cool and Siegfried has more testosterone than the entire genshin roster combined. The girls are fine tbh. Mainly because the best Genshin chicks are just rehashes of Honkai chicks like Yae Sakura and Raiden Mei. They ever add Himeko to genshin and I might play it.....

for like 2 more hrs :skully

My problem with Genshin is the designs of most of the characters. 9/10 times I legit can't tell who is who cause they all look like each other

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
As for art, Boruto’s art has already been covered but has anyone else talked about Samurai 8’s?

A great example of detail being a bad thing with how cluttered and hard to see everything can get, The artist also tried emulating Kishi’s style with the characters but they just feel flat, particularly the main character who I can’t even remember the name of.

Was still better than Boruto’s fugly art though

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
That's a lie. Him and Oda went to the same school which is why their styles are so similar. The only real difference is Oda's art is way more exaggerated and cartoony in comparison lmao
Didn’t Mashima quickly leave the school and just develop his art on his own?

And your right. Rave Master and early Fairy Tail both looked a lot like One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back