• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #29: outskirts nakama dome - no snatching edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Man the anime really fucked over this series by turning it into a generic fanservice shitshow and runied it's chances of getting the mangaka more attention.
FACTS

It's pretty telling that the vast majority of the people reading Ghost Reaper Girl are those who previously read Rosario (certainly it was the reason I read it). It absolutely would have gotten a lot more attention if its anime hadn't been such a piece of shit.

Although the anime did have a top tier soundtrack, I'll give it that.

Still if there was ever an manga that needed the Hellsing Ultimate/FMA Brotherhood treatement, it's this one.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Didn’t Mashima quickly leave the school and just develop his art on his own?

And your right. Rave Master and early Fairy Tail both looked a lot like One Piece
Afaik no. You're the first time I'm hearing him say he left art school to work on his style himself.

And it's not just early FT, most of the stuff Mashima was illustarting at the time was like that. Like the Monster Hunter manga he did. There's even a third nigga amongst Oda and Mashima except he never made it far as he had all of one manga to his name that I don't think ever finished. His art style was hella similar to theirs accept a lot rougher and unpolished. @Blade probably remembers what Manga I'm talking about.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Afaik no. You're the first time I'm hearing him say he left art school to work on his style himself.

And it's not just early FT, most of the stuff Mashima was illustarting at the time was like that. Like the Monster Hunter manga he did. There's even a third nigga amongst Oda and Mashima except he never made it far as he had all of one manga to his name that I don't think ever finished. His art style was hella similar to theirs accept a lot rougher and unpolished. @Blade probably remembers what Manga I'm talking about.
Here it is. From an interview. He says he took a manga school after high school, learned the basics, and left to do his own style

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2

buster keel

one of the best ft clones, and is actually cooler than ft, highbars i know, but still it counts

tumblr_inline_p83ypiYau51su43kg_500.jpg

dd829eaa4717eaa63d7a4389568768fd1dca179c_hq.jpg

truly an underrated series, actually was completed just fine, its just the sales werent that good, near the end

gonna give props to mashima though, years later, he picked this dude for a ft spin off series, and now, has again his own series, fully dif than before

so, mashima ain't snob, dude actually helped him

Xadlin

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
In terms of art for the HST:

One Piece = Best Locations
Naruto = Best Character Designs
Bleach = Best Outfits

lets put it this way

kubo makes the worst backgrounds

oda makes the most asymmetric char designs

kishi makes the weakest designs, why? at least oda's despite looking cartoonish, still are more unique than nardo's
adding to this:
Oda-Vs-Kishimoto-Vs-Kubo-anime-11345329-653-1018.jpg

iu

iu

l8ka110head71.jpg

wow, nardo should had never cut his hair like that in burrito, he literally looks with that messy hair, like the version that jiraiya had written and wished to be based on his novel, jiraiya wanted that version of nardo to be canon

Look at how they massacred my boy man...
People don't believe me but I at one point, I was Naruto > Bleach pretty hard...
Then every after the Pain Invasion Arc happened(and the end of that arc too)...

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
buster keel

one of the best ft clones, and is actually cooler than ft, highbars i know, but still it counts

tumblr_inline_p83ypiYau51su43kg_500.jpg

dd829eaa4717eaa63d7a4389568768fd1dca179c_hq.jpg

truly an underrated series, actually was completed just fine, its just the sales werent that good, near the end

gonna give props to mashima though, years later, he picked this dude for a ft spin off series, and now, has again his own series, fully dif than before

so, mashima ain't snob, dude actually helped him

Didn't know it finished. It only had a few chaps out at the time and I didn't have it bookmarked :wow

unironically, as we have said many times

part 2 of nardo should had ended with the pein fight, at least for me
If they could have kept the final fight between Nardo and Sauce which was good thematically and structurally and shove it in after the Pain Arc , Nardo would have legit been a solid series.

Alas, niggas wanted more money, as they do.

It honestly would have ended solidly if it did end with Pain and just had the other problems be fixed offscreen, even Boruto could have worked with that premise pretty safely...
Then everything else happened and my enjoyment of Naruto fell off a cliff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back