• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #29: outskirts nakama dome - no snatching edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
OG Dragon Ball + DBZ is of course the best. GT hasn’t age well IMO other than SS4 and Super is fine as long as we’re talking the anime.

Anime Goku Black and Tournament of Power arcs have been some of my favorite arcs of the whole franchise. DBS Broly is the best movie to date and Super Hero is also really high up there.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
The Mha chapter leak is both boringly mid as possible since it's a flashback on an Npc character in class white bread that no one cares about and really stupid at the same time. I guess I see why Hori needs a break. Being mid and stupid as shit is a huge feat :mjlol .
I like new Broly too, but he ain't on old Broly's level of raw-ness. Old Broly was the ultimate monster heel that was cutting promos on anyone dumb enough to get in his path. :russ
People really do forget just how much of a savage sadist Broly was in the 1st movie. That niggas lines against the characters man :kobeha.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
The Mha chapter leak is both boringly mid as possible since it's a flashback on an Npc character in class white bread that no one cares about and really stupid at the same time. I guess I see why Hori needs a break. Being mid and stupid as shit is a huge feat :mjlol .

People really do forget just how much of a savage sadist Broly was in the 1st movie. That niggas lines against the characters man :kobeha.
Every line he gave Vegeta in that movie was savage

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member

Every line he gave Vegeta in that movie was savage
His mere presence bullied Vegeta so hard, that the man broke, and needed Piccolo to smack some sense into him to bring him back to reality, just so he could catch those hands like everyone else. :russ :mjlol

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
His mere presence bullied Vegeta so hard, that the man broke, and needed Piccolo to smack some sense into him to bring him back to reality, just so he could catch those hands like everyone else. :russ :mjlol
NGL, one thing I hated about that movie is how much of a bitch Vegeta was all the way through

> Spent most of the fight groveling to the point where Piccolo called his ass out
> Finally finds his balls to fight Broly only to go down the easiest and quickest compared to everyone else.
> Refuses to cooperate like everyone else is and give Goku his energy up to the very end because of his stupid pride despite how easily he discarded that same pride by acting like the aforementioned bitch earlier.

One of the writers for that movie really hated Vegeta LOL

Thank God DBS Broly had none of that with Vegeta even being the first to fight and nearly beat DBS! Broly

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
and this is my complete top 25 dub va list

- david hayter
- liam o brien
- steve blum
- crispin freeman
- matt mercer
- justin cook
- robbie daymond
- will friedle
- patrick seitz
- yuri lowenthal
- george newbern
- johnny bosch
- quinton flynn
- rick gomez
- kyle hebert
- doug erholtz
- mike ironside
- ray chase
- david vincent
- eric vale
- vic mignogna
- dameon cLarke
- robin atkin downes
- aleks le

there are few other honorable mentions, but these 25 are the coolest in my opinion

and this is my complete top 25 dub va list

- david hayter
- liam o brien
- steve blum
- crispin freeman
- matt mercer
- justin cook
- robbie daymond
- will friedle
- patrick seitz
- yuri lowenthal
- george newbern
- johnny bosch
- quinton flynn
- rick gomez
- kyle hebert
- doug erholtz
- mike ironside
- ray chase
- david vincent
- eric vale
- vic mignogna
- dameon cLarke
- robin atkin downes
- aleks le

there are few other honorable mentions, but these 25 are the coolest in my opinion

And in comparison, here is my Top 25 Favorite Japanese VA:

And there you have it.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
> Finally finds his balls to fight Broly only to go down the easiest and quickest compared to everyone else.
Vegeta actually has the best performance out of everyone not named Goku. Broly visibly hits him with much more force than everyone else (the other Z Fighters were one-shotted by weaker hits from Broly)

His power added to Goku is also called out as the main force for beating Broly

One of the writers for that movie really hated Vegeta LOL
Koyama was the head writer of all the movies and admitted he hates Vegeta

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
So for the Mha chapter it's a flashback basically on how the heroes brainwashed Machia to fight against the living meme that used to be Afo. It involves Midnight's killer tm, and yes that's basically all you get because even now that dude still doesn't have a damn name :mjlol . Hes giving orders to Gigantomachia on his megaphone. The sludge villain from ch 1 is here because this series is going full on MCU with cameos of people never cared about. Anyway he tries to take over Shinso so his brainwashing quirk isn't a factor anymore. Kirishima tries to save him but he can't do anything about the sludge or something. Mina reveals she too has a quirk zenkai and trained with Bakugou and Shoto offscreen apparently and directly confronts her fear of Machia once and for all by. .......throwing some acid at a safe distance from him. Really doing good with giving characters development after 380 chapters of jackshit Hori :kobeha . Shinso gets saved, Midnight's killer gets captured and in a really stupid moment right here Mina talks to him and has a heart to heart basically. She said she loved Midnight's classes, you never saw any of those classes but take her word for it :kobeha . She says that since one of her classmates in class white bread isn't seeking revenge for it she isn't either, basically said he must have had his reasons for killing her and wanting to know those reasons. Yeah safe to say lol piss off Hori class a is literally the Mickey mouse clubhouse nothing to anyone but the most wonder bread, generic "hero" characters you can imagine :kobeha. Mina passes out from exhaustion because......uhhhh she created acid too hard I guess :easythere.

Sheesh man I don't even care about Midnight that much and I felt bad. At least Vigilantes made her an actual character rather than just pedo jokes like in the main series because damn dude. Imagine dying and your student asking the damn murderer how they felt about it :mjlol.
Vegeta got to walk off on easy street when you really think about it. Goku and Piccolo got some of the worst asskickings in that movie :skully.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Vegeta actually has the best performance out of everyone not named Goku. Broly visibly hits him with much more force than everyone else (the other Z Fighters were one-shotted by weaker hits from Broly)

His power added to Goku is also called out as the main force for beating Broly

Koyama was the head writer of all the movies and admitted he hates Vegeta
Nah, the thrashing Broly gave Gohan IMO was way more brutal.

Yes his energy is what finally gave Goku the edge, not denying that. It’s him being such a bitch about it that I’m calling out

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Nah, the thrashing Broly gave Gohan IMO was way more brutal.
Broly one-shotted him though

Maybe two-shot at best, but it’s not comparable at all to what Vegeta took

I think people forget just how quickly Broly dropped everyone in simple hits

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Broly one-shotted him though

Maybe two-shot at best, but it’s not comparable at all to what Vegeta took

I think people forget just how quickly Broly dropped everyone in simple hits
Doesn’t really matter. Vegeta put up the shortest fight compared to everyone and I don’t see the beating he took as any worse than what Gohan, Trunks, Piccolo, or Goku took and and still kept going,

So for the Mha chapter it's a flashback basically on how the heroes brainwashed Machia to fight against the living meme that used to be Afo. It involves Midnight's killer tm, and yes that's basically all you get because even now that dude still doesn't have a damn name :mjlol . Hes giving orders to Gigantomachia on his megaphone. The sludge villain from ch 1 is here because this series is going full on MCU with cameos of people never cared about. Anyway he tries to take over Shinso so his brainwashing quirk isn't a factor anymore. Kirishima tries to save him but he can't do anything about the sludge or something. Mina reveals she too has a quirk zenkai and trained with Bakugou and Shoto offscreen apparently and directly confronts her fear of Machia once and for all by. .......throwing some acid at a safe distance from him. Really doing good with giving characters development after 380 chapters of jackshit Hori :kobeha . Shinso gets saved, Midnight's killer gets captured and in a really stupid moment right here Mina talks to him and has a heart to heart basically. She said she loved Midnight's classes, you never saw any of those classes but take her word for it :kobeha . She says that since one of her classmates in class white bread isn't seeking revenge for it she isn't either, basically said he must have had his reasons for killing her and wanting to know those reasons. Yeah safe to say lol piss off Hori class a is literally the Mickey mouse clubhouse nothing to anyone but the most wonder bread, generic "hero" characters you can imagine :kobeha. Mina passes out from exhaustion because......uhhhh she created acid too hard I guess :easythere.

Sheesh man I don't even care about Midnight that much and I felt bad. At least Vigilantes made her an actual character rather than just pedo jokes like in the main series because damn dude. Imagine dying and your student asking the damn murderer how they felt about it :mjlol.

Bro, you cannot be fucking SERIOUS.
That's what they do with "Midnight's Killer"? Not even give that nigga presence or even a fucking NAME and then basically go "You had your reasons for killing this memorable teacher" WHY THE FUCK NOT JUST GO WITH THE ORIGINAL SHIT AND HAVE HER DEATH NO MATTER IN THE GRAND SCHEME OF THINGS?!
Hori please, either finish this shit up or just quit for fuck's sake.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Doesn’t really matter. Vegeta put up the shortest fight compared to everyone and I don’t see the beating he took as any worse than what Gohan, Trunks, Piccolo, or Goku took and and still kept going,
Gohan is literally KO’d in less than 10 seconds, that wasn’t a thrashing at all. He, in fact, has the shortest fight out of everyone

Vegeta hilariously enough endured longer than that when Broly hit (and that’s ignoring a potential off screen fight they had)

I literally said only Goku had a better performance than Vegeta, not sure why you named him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back