OBD Convo #30: SHARK SUPREMACY

Status
Not open for further replies.
naruto and gilgamesh as best friends will be canon the same time, hxh is fully completed as a series

:russ

It's funny seeing people in that FateStayNight reddit suck Naruto's dick like Gilgamesh can't wreck his shit and Naruto somehow slaughters almost every Servant...

:kobeha

I wouldn't be surprised if SB/Powerscaling infected that subreddit for those trash takes.
>Gilgamesh would respect Naruto
No the fuck he wouldn't, he would see that he's literally all talk and no substance and pincushion his ass. If he doesn't respect most heroes, the fuck he gonna respect Naruto for?

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
f0a.png

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
you know, nardo stans demand respect for their series, cuz it still so popular and has sold so much, all these years

that not how it goes, series with way less marketing and rep than nardo, examples like feng shen ji, have earned that, despite having the 1/5 of the vols naruto/burrito have

the

respect is earned, not gained with obnoxious demanding

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
That was after Tekken 6 happened though.
But t6 was only 2 years after t5, yet people were still saying Jinpachi was the progenitor, which he had to correct years after
I know that but I'm saying the story was trying to make him sympathetic at moments which was really off to how he was seen in every other game to be an out and out bastard because he is.
They tried to make him sympathetic when killing Kazumi but thats about it. They were more trying to justify his actions as far as killing Kazuya's mom and he still comes off as a bastard. You just can't blame him for offing Kazumi. The problem is it's not like it's all that impactful anyway. We don't get enough of Kazumi to actually care about her death and at the end of the day she still hired (and I can't believe this shit is seriously canon) Akuma to kill Heihachi and Kazuya who was a child at the time

You tell me, it ain't the first time we got swerves in fighting game stories for the hell of it.
No I'm just saying, logically I dunno how purifying him would redeem him and make her a final boss. That sounds like something you'd want for the character. It would make more sense if she could absorb devil powers so she has Jin and Kaz fight and when they're weakened she snatches it from both. That would work to "redeem" both Kaz and Jin when they have to team up and stop the big bad devil/angel mommy

I'm honestly gonna go with Jun tracking down Kaz to force him to pay the 18 years of child support he owes and considering Mishima bucks the Kazma family gone be eatin good

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
kaz in the first 2 games, wasn't full evil, more like anti hero, in t4 though and onwards, he became

problem

is

when you and kurou talk about tekken, you misunderstand each other, and mix the lore, for no reason, by trying to nitpick points, which are obvious, but hey, this is o bee dee, thats a motto, we semi antagonize each other, even for the way we gon say hi to each other :russ :mjlol
I mean, I'd be mad too if my son showed up, took half my shit and I couldn't get it back because his moms took out a restraining order :maybe

But t6 was only 2 years after t5, yet people were still saying Jinpachi was the progenitor, which he had to corrected years after

Yeah but that was because Tekken 5 went with Jinpachi being the Progenitor, even the Dark Resurrection version did that as well. Harada decided against that to then make it Azrael and then it went to Kazumi after that.

They tried to make him sympathetic when killing Kazumi but thats about it. They were more trying to justify his actions as far as killing Kazuya's mom and he still comes off as a bastard. You just can't blame him for offing Kazumi. The problem is it's not like it's all that impactful anyway. We don't get enough of Kazumi to actually care about her death and at the end of the day she still hired (and I can't believe this shit is seriously canon) Akuma to kill Heihachi and Kazuya who was a child at the time

I know what happened to her was pointless, I'm just bringing up the game did try and make Heihachi sympathetic regardless of how it otherwise seems like it doesn't. It comes off more Kazumi jumped the gun over prophecy and caused the fall of the Mishima Clan rather than Heihachi just being a bastard at his core.

No I'm just saying, logically I dunno how purifying him would redeem him and make her a final boss. That sounds like something you'd want for the character. It would make more sense if she could absorb devil powers so she has Jin and Kaz fight and when they're weakened she snatches it from both. That would work to "redeem" both Kaz and Jin.

I'm honest;y gonna go with Jun tracking down Kaz to force him to pay the 18 years of child support he owes and considering Mishima bucks the Kazma family gone be eatin good

Okay, it really feels like we are speaking around each other and yet reaching the same consensus as Blade stated...

I am not saying that Jun will be the final boss for "purifying Kazuya", I'm saying she's gonna be a Final Boss because somehow, she's going to be blamed for why Kazuya and Jin broke apart as a family or some other bullshit.
It feels more like Harada wants to soften the blow of Kazuya and Heihachi like he kinda/sorta did with Jin from after Tekken 6(Yeah, they do reference people want him dead but story wise, only the Journalist actually tries and Miguel... whenever the fuck his shit happened) rather than have them own up to their crimes naturally... which usually comes at another characters' expense.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Yeah but that was because Tekken 5 went with Jinpachi being the Progenitor, even the Dark Resurrection version did that as well. Harada decided against that to then make it Azrael and then it went to Kazumi after that.
No, they mentioned Devil and him having Devil's blood which was said by Heihachi. Which would make no sense because it would mean by default Heihachi does too and we know he doesn't. Again, a lot of it was fans jumping to conclusion because of the dialogue (which is fair) but Harada later had to clarify EVEN AFTER T6 that Jinpachi was not the progenitor of the gene. It was just a popular misconception.

it comes off more Kazumi jumped the gun over prophecy and caused the fall of the Mishima Clan rather than Heihachi just being a bastard at his core.
How do you get that conclusion?

Heihachi is a bastard and that i what causes the downfall of the Mishima. Even if it's true the events of that night set in motion Kazuya's quest for revenge it was still Heihachi at the root cause. Because Kazumi wouldn't have been trying to kill him if he weren't being a bastard

Okay, it really feels like we are speaking around each other and yet reaching the same consensus as Blade stated...
We aren't. You two came up with the Jun being evil consensus not me, but the way you were going about explaining it just made no sense. I'm still on team cheesy redemption for Kaz.

I am not saying that Jun will be the final boss for "purifying Kazuya", I'm saying she's gonna be a Final Boss because somehow, she's going to be blamed for why Kazuya and Jin broke apart as a family or some other bullshit.
But how? Kaz fucked her brains out and went to get some cigarettes and Jin didn't give two fucks about getting revenge on Kaz or anything. It wasn't until Heihachi, once again being a bastard, decided to plaster Jin brains over the pavement. They already mentioned she had to fight off a part of Kaz's lingering devil power when he was a kid but thats about it

It feels more like Harada wants to soften the blow of Kazuya and Heihachi like he kinda/sorta did with Jin from after Tekken 6(Yeah, they do reference people want him dead but story wise, only the Journalist actually tries and Miguel... whenever the fuck his shit happened) rather than have them own up to their crimes naturally... which usually comes at another characters' expense.
I think this is where we're losing each other, because I don't think anything that happened "softened the blow" or did anything to make Heihachi any more or less likeable. You were either gonna jump for joy when he died or be sad the badass old man is dead. Kazumi being shoehorned in as a 12th inning boss had no real impact on how people perceived Heihachi and most people agree it was a pathetic attempt at giving him sympathy.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
what you nigs argue here is pmuch how much kaz's salary is and how much jun gon ask from him in order to not jail him, cuz of emotinal damage?

:mjlol
It's not an argument though

I don't know why any conversation that isn't two people just agreeing with each other is an argument :wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back