• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #30: SHARK SUPREMACY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

EUtjIcMXgAAHhf1.jpg

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

Generic OP light novel protagonist number #36794 since Kirito

I can get around Isekai even if the genre is oversaturated as much as caped movies, but I can never understand writing a story on an invincible protagonist that effortlessly beats anyone else from the start and faces no challenge or development as being anything in the way of motivating to read about.

One Punch Man sort of got away with it by first making fun of the whole thing and once that got stale, the author focused writing Saitama out to focus on other characters

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
There needs to be more isekai stories of fantasy characters getting transported to other fantasy worlds. Authors just don't know what to do with the genre so every protagonist is Kirito.
Maybe it would be nice if for once the Isekai in question is not fantasy but sci fi with the whole universe being a place to explore and when the protagonist feels like he is overpowered after taking over one planet he immediately gets a wake up call when a galactic threat beats his ass and he then spends his time traveling around the universe getting stronger to face said threat.

Or at least gets into a Mecha sci fi verse where his nerd autism over the mechs in question gives him an advantage because he read up on all that shit but he needs to get better by actually training and experience through piloting because his advanced knowledge can only get him so far.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
I don't mind isekais i've grown up with a bunch of them, but i always roll my eyes at the first sight of "game elements" and already expect it to MC get shit for free and have no real hardship
Campfire Cooking is great despite having this.

Though ive noticed I stopped reading as many isekais and now have drifted towards reincarnation shit

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Campfire Cooking is great despite having this.

Though ive noticed I stopped reading as many isekais and now have drifted towards reincarnation shit
Translators always follow trends too,its kinda sad there is a bunch of interesting stuff that never get to get translated since they focus on the quick cash

I usually stick to whatever seems fun to me, was reading a manga called "KIlling Vamp" pretty nice also have an unusual case of a psycho bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back