Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
nl07bo9z3pk71.png

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
It actually started off stronger than the Android Saga but after Majin Vegeta's death the arc just started dragging and you could tell Toriyama was making things on the go and wasting time with unnecessary comedy. Don't get me started on Gohan getting replaced as the MC because of Goku Time.
The comedy with fat buu made sense cause he was a goofy playful dude. When he became super buu I do feel like the arc should have gotten more serious.
FEEL THE FIRE THAT BURNS MENS SOULS
It was the weakest DBZ arc but still a great arc
Buu saga was always my favorite arc and I will always Rank it above the rest.

Ya boi is biased as fuck :hestonpls

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Toriyama said he thought Gohan was boring and not MC material

That’s why he quickly reintroduced Goku into the story, he was just bored with Gohan

He even said he didn’t come up with Majin Buu yet when Gohan was having his high school adventures

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I got to see an interview for that. No way Toriyama would think that in the same arc that gave us Ultimate Gohan

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I got to see an interview for that. No way Toriyama would think that in the same arc that gave us Ultimate Gohan
Ultimate Gohan was quickly humiliated and killed by Buu

He literally said he doesn’t think Gohan is MC material, but people make up excuses and say it’s from the fans when really it’s just Toriyama

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

He literally said he doesn’t think Gohan is MC material, but people make up excuses and say it’s from the fans when really it’s just Toriyama
Only after Buu absorbed Gotenks and Piccolo. Before that, Gohan was dominating the same Buu Goku admits would get folded trying to fight and ends the series as the strongest Non-Fused character until decades later with Super.

So where did Toriyama say this? Especially now with Gohan once more reclaiming the title for strongest Saiyan

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Only after Buu absorbed Gotenks and Piccolo. Before that, Gohan was dominating the same Buu Goku admits would get folded trying to fight and ends the series as the strongest Non-Fused character until decades later with Super.
Sure, doesn’t change the fact Gohan was shafted aside in the final battle because Toriyama does not care for him

Also EoZ Goku > Ultimate Gohan so him being the strongest unfused is still wrong 😬

So where did Toriyama say this? Especially now with Gohan once more reclaiming the title for strongest Saiyan

Daizenshuu 2

Interviewer: And then the Cell arc ended. Did you think that everyone felt you would put Gohan into the leading role?

Akira Toriyama: I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Nothing suggest Goku was stronger than Gohan eoz Z-Era

And no let's not come with some excuse unless stated
AkiraToriyama:
Out of all your characters, which one is the most (blank)?

Cool: Goku

“I think it’s Goku.” The always pure strongest in the universe. Goku is #1 after all!
Directly mentioned in an interview with Toriyama a couple months after the manga ended

Goku is the pure (unfused) strongest by the end of Z

EoZ Goku > Ultimate Gohan > SSJ3 Buu saga Goku is their placement, but claiming EoZ Goku being the strongest came out of nowhere is wrong

And it’s, ya know, proven true when base EoZ Goku is strong enough to beat Mr Buu. What do you think will happen if he stacks SSJ3 onto that power? That’s literally GT scale right there

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Directly mentioned in an interview with Toriyama a couple months after the manga ended

Goku is the pure (unfused) strongest by the end of Z

EoZ Goku > Ultimate Gohan > SSJ3 Buu saga Goku is their placement, but claiming EoZ Goku being the strongest came out of nowhere is wrong

And it’s, ya know, proven true when base EoZ Goku is strong enough to beat Mr Buu. What do you think will happen if he stacks SSJ3 onto that power?
They never fought so what are u on about

Even factoring the statement it isn't iron law proof

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
They never fought so what are u on about
It’s very simple

Chapter: 518 (DBZ 324), P6.5
Goku: “…But someone besides us and Boo might win.”
Satan: “Hahhahhah, now really! There’s no way that could happen, right?”
Chapter: 518 (DBZ 324), P10.2
Context: Goku asks Boo to rig the match-ups so he can fight Oob
Goku: “…Sorry, but I wanna fight with him no matter what, in the 1st round when both of us still have 100% of our stamina…”

Goku became strong enough to take a 100% Uub in base, while Uub is strong enough that he can beat Mr. Buu

Even factoring the statement it isn't iron law proof
“Goku is the strongest” is not proof

😐

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Niggas hyping up GoW having a new game +

And I'm like "why wasn't it in the game to begin with"

Niggas need to stop being happy and excited for basic features and shit
new game + is standard in ps 1 era. :jerrykek now they are treating it as DLC and people praising game companies for it.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Goku became strong enough to take a 100% Uub in base, while Uub is strong enough that he can beat Mr. Buu
Where? I never heard this statement anywhere, not like Mr. Buu is a thing to compare Ultimate Gohan to since he styled on Super Buu who was already a mixture of the Evil Buu that soundly beat Fat Buu.
“Goku is the strongest” is not proof

😐
Considering he says nothing else on why and how and we see nothing indicate as such, and said statement sounds more like he was just offhandedly saying "Goku is Number 1!" to hype up Goku for fans, I doubt the statement means anything on it's own.
He beat the shit out of Super Buu easily and only started to lose against Buutanks.
Your own statement says he tried to make Gohan the MC which considering how much hype was going into his training and eventual transformation into Ultimate Gohan makes sense which is why him saying he is not "MC material" sounds like him making up an excuse to cater to fan demand. Even if not it is a stupid ass decision since Goku at that point did not fit as a MC anyway as he had grown up to the point he had no real arc anymore and fit more as a mentor like he did in the Cell Saga and just having him take the spotlight was plain boring and did not fit with his goals in that arc trying to train the next generation to take his place.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
The comedy with fat buu made sense cause he was a goofy playful dude. When he became super buu I do feel like the arc should have gotten more serious.
It's not that Buu should not be goofy, it's the fact we focused so much on that and nothing else and as you said, even after that there was way too much pointless comedy shit that just dragged things down and were uninteresting and annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back