OBD Convo #31: as long as we are in the path of justice, dont be afraid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
What? Unless your playing Master or Legendary difficultly at Level 1, Skyrim practically holds your hand

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I once did a Skyrim playthrough without all the broken shit (crafting skills, stealth archery, conjuration) and I was surprised at how difficult it was :wow

Guess it really isn't an Elder Scrolls game until you break it in half

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I once did a Skyrim playthrough without all the broken shit (crafting skills, stealth archery, conjuration) and I was surprised at how difficult it was :wow

Guess it really isn't an Elder Scrolls game until you break it in half
Really want to challenge yourself. Fight using nothing but Destruction spells.

I hate how Magic in Skyrim is so weak next to anything else

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Oh nvm, loading ninjad lol
Pure Mage Breton with no Armor or weapons was one of my first ever playthroughs. Learned real quick how much Skyrim wants you to be a warrior more than anything else lol.

At high levels, even Expert Destruction spells put scratches on the enemy and pretty much anything can one-shot you in lousy robes.

You want to be a Mage in Skyrim? Forget the robes. Max out Enchanting and Smithing and cast your spells within a decked out full set of enchanted armor with an equally maxed out and enchanted sword as your side arm.

Sigismund

Anyways how strong are the primarchs exactly where there stats are? As well as the emperor and the Chaos god's @Top59 ,@Sigismund
The Primarchs have a lot of fluctuations in their power.

Lower end stuff is Vulcan getting killed by Nukes, and Lorgar almost getting killed by a Turbo Lazer destroyer from a Warhound Titan.

Higher end stuff is Sangunius beating Kabanda, a shitton of traitor marines, Deamon Prince Angron, Marines, more Marines and wounding Horus while exhausted and wounded, Deamon Angron with an Amp shattering a planet, and Mangus vaporizing Malcador.

So anywhere from City- Solar System level depending on the context. Typically we just balance it out to Moon or Small Planet level except for the top tier Primarchs (Deamon Princes, Magnus, San) who are solidly Solar System Level.

Sigismund

Pure Mage Breton with no Armor or weapons was one of my first ever playthroughs. Learned real quick how much Skyrim wants you to be a warrior more than anything else lol.

At high levels, even Expert Destruction spells put scratches on the enemy and pretty much anything can one-shot you in lousy robes.

You want to be a Mage in Skyrim? Forget the robes. Max out Enchanting and Smithing and cast your spells within a decked out full set of enchanted armor with an equally maxed out and enchanted sword as your side arm.
I just ended up running conjugation and Alteration.

Summon a Dremora, the run away with Longstrider and let them fight for you. Repeat until all enemies are dead.

Anyone gets close spam Healing, Wards, Invisibility or get a bit into Illision and start really fucking with the engine.

Or I installed Apocalypse spells and Spell scaling mods

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
FtrjX2TXoAYxdBs

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I just ended up running conjugation and Alteration.

Summon a Dremora, the run away with Longstrider and let them fight for you. Repeat until all enemies are dead.

Anyone gets close spam Healing, Wards, Invisibility or get a bit into Illision and start really fucking with the engine.

Or I installed Apocalypse spells and Spell scaling mods
No mods for me, I just play Vanilla with whatever I get from the Anniversary Edition.

Paralyze from the Alteration School is really good too for a Mage character. And it helps that no matter what my character is, even the ones that don’t use any magic, I still max out Alteration for all the magic resistance perks

Sigismund

No mods for me, I just play Vanilla with whatever I get from the Anniversary Edition.

Paralyze from the Alteration School is really good too for a Mage character. And it helps that no matter what my character is, even the ones that don’t use any magic, I still max out Alteration for all the magic resistance perks
Well Todd gave me several versions of Skyrim, the OG (the only one I bought), then the Special Edition and all that jazz I got for free, so I just modded the shit out of the Special Edition.

Then I just started playing Daggerfall Unity, became a Vampire and got stuck in jail for 100 years, before getting out and becoming a land owning noble

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Well Todd gave me several versions of Skyrim, the OG (the only one I bought), then the Special Edition and all that jazz I got for free, so I just modded the shit out of the Special Edition.

Then I just started playing Daggerfall Unity, became a Vampire and got stuck in jail for 100 years, before getting out and becoming a land owning noble
I personally can't even think of playing Bethesda games without mods, especially quality of life shit/bug fixing stuff, at the very least anyway.

Like, you'd be missing out on all the mods this guy makes, and that's just unfortunate.

Apocalypse Magic is fucking awesome and I'm never having a mage playthrough without it.
Same with the Ordinator perk overhaul.

Last edited:

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

My dumb ass tried to do conjuration only as an argonian. No conjure weapons and no other spells. I had just finished a stealth unarmed build on legendary so I was like "this should be easy"

I spent an hour alone watching my atronachs being absolute spuds and getting smashed in the face by warriors every 5 minutes or dudes straight ignoring the atronach and sprinting at me to smash my skull in.

Most fun I've had in a while

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
My dumb ass tried to do conjuration only as an argonian. No conjure weapons and no other spells. I had just finished a stealth unarmed build on legendary so I was like "this should be easy"

I spent an hour alone watching my atronachs being absolute spuds and getting smashed in the face by warriors every 5 minutes or dudes straight ignoring the atronach and sprinting at me to smash my skull in.

Most fun I've had in a while
That's the right move to make against a summoner to be fair.

They want you to fight their summons :mjpls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back