OBD Convo #31: as long as we are in the path of justice, dont be afraid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigismund

No

God and Jesus gonna light a spliff and purge the world in a giant life wipe of kush and myrrh

With a dash of frankincense
Now there's an apocalypse I can really get behind
There's a reason why shit gets reset every few thousand years
Second to last time it was a comet that hit the Indian Ocean in conjuction with the melting of the Last of the Great Ice Age. Last time it was a drought, earthquakes, volcanos, and famine that resulted in the Sea Peoples ravaging and raising nearly the entire Bronze age world to ashes

I wonder if Egypt will survive like it did the last two times.

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
I hope i can finish the archive i want to build and hope it will survive the apocalypse so whoever finds it in the future see my shit-taste on what i saved even if its just preserving lots of stuff i never read :skully

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
95-DBCCF0-CEA9-469-B-A8-FC-B9-B4-A4-CC70-E8.png

Sigismund

I hope i can finish the archive i want to build and hope it will survive the apocalypse so whoever finds it in the future see my shit-taste on what i saved even if its just preserving lots of stuff i never read :skully
Youre gonna need a few things:
1: Live in an extremely dry desert. Make sure rain is rare and residual humidity is near non existent.
2: Make sure you have no electronic records, civilian grade electronics are not built to last.
3: Build an underground chamber, or use a cave, and is just as dry and at least 3 meters below ground level.
4: Laminate all your papers, then store them in an airtight, water proof stainless steel box, layered with a ceramic coating on the outside.
5: Make sure your tunnel down is stable, reinforce it so it wont collapse.
6: If you do some stone carving, make sure the carving is at least an inch deep and half an inch wide, then in the carving, color with charcoal to make sure it stains itself from the rest of the rock.
7: Hide the entrance, but leave subtle clues like plastic trash and processed metals around the area as a tip of for future archeologists, but that are of no interest to thieves.
With that combo you may have a 1-5% chance of an archive surviving a few centuries to a millennium

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Youre gonna need a few things:
1: Live in an extremely dry desert. Make sure rain is rare and residual humidity is near non existent.
2: Make sure you have no electronic records, civilian grade electronics are not built to last.
3: Build an underground chamber, or use a cave, and is just as dry and at least 3 meters below ground level.
4: Laminate all your papers, then store them in an airtight, water proof stainless steel box, layered with a ceramic coating on the outside.
5: Make sure your tunnel down is stable, reinforce it so it wont collapse.
6: If you do some stone carving, make sure the carving is at least an inch deep and half an inch wide, then in the carving, color with charcoal to make sure it stains itself from the rest of the rock.
7: Hide the entrance, but leave subtle clues like plastic trash and processed metals around the area as a tip of for future archeologists, but that are of no interest to thieves.
With that combo you may have a 1-5% chance of an archive surviving a few centuries to a millennium
why do you know this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back