OBD Convo #31: as long as we are in the path of justice, dont be afraid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
btw, time to introduce you to another amazing and underrated sci fi series out there, really a gem

its name is levius, it has 2 parts, levius with 3 vols, and levius est with 10 vols, basically cyborg boxing fights on arenas with other various sci fi elements and plot stories about the mc's past

cool choreo and action too

plus

it has such an amazing art, check

830033._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

0.jpg

81cmtRkSGXL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

levius-est-1-kana.jpg

Levius-Netflix-Original-Anime-Series-Season-1-Manga.jpg

you can read it on mangasee, it has an anime adaptation, but its decent, manga is far, far better

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Give both Gohan and Goku power ups all you want, they both suck in their portrayal for Super

Goku suffered a fucking lobotomy and Gohan's had to be retaught the same lesson... 4? Times now and counting.

Vegeta comes off looking the best, and that's mostly because his character failed to regress rather than anything competent about the writing

Fuck it though, I prefer Future Trunks' portrayal to them all, whether SSJ Rage was earned or not.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
It's about time for Vegeta and Piccolo to get their own movies this time around

Unless they want to give the humans a time to shine
Super Hero WAS Piccolo's movie basically

Just that it ended up still revolving around Gohan relearning his great power is a responsibility he needs to undertake because threats have been ringing Earth's doorbell since before he was born and that he's been aware of since he was 4 years old.

Vegeta's still the jobber that gets to grow as a person because he's still reaping karma from all the genocide most likely. Hard to market him as a headliner with that baggage I'd imagine :hm

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Vegeta getting a W is rare, yes. And he should run with it until he can't run anymore :maybe

Super Hero was enjoyable, especially in isolation from the rest of Super imo

Piccolo got a whole bunch of respect, which is more than can be said for him since... like the only threatening thing about him in Super up until recently was a charged Makankosappo?

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Trunks attaining Ikari is no different to Gohan attaining Beast, so I just let it slide

Especially when both forms are just rehashes of USSJ and SSJ2, respectively

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Give both Gohan and Goku power ups all you want, they both suck in their portrayal for Super

Goku suffered a fucking lobotomy and Gohan's had to be retaught the same lesson... 4? Times now and counting.

Vegeta comes off looking the best, and that's mostly because his character failed to regress rather than anything competent about the writing

Fuck it though, I prefer Future Trunks' portrayal to them all, whether SSJ Rage was earned or not.
My brain turns off whenever i see anything of Super or any new Dragon Ball stuff they are just milking for money :skully

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Trunks attaining Ikari is no different to Gohan attaining Beast, so I just let it slide

Especially when both forms are just rehashes of USSJ and SSJ2, respectively
Its not different, but the suffering Trunks went through getting it makes the impact feel a bit more earned IMO?

Also just liked the idea of the power up coming from the sheer existential rage at the idea of a "god" condemning his efforts to save others as evil and basically embracing that "evil" because that "god" can fuck off with its deity-centric moral relativism.
My brain turns off whenever i see anything of Super or any new Dragon Ball stuff they are just milking for money :skully
Sure, but milking the IP shouldn't lead to story telling this repetitive and silly :maybe

The entire franchise since Imperfect Cell smoked him*

Pretty much, Piccolo did jack and shit since the middle of the Cell Saga.
That's been Dragonball's biggest issue:

If you aren't Goku or Vegeta, you will only have a spotlight of fame at best and then thrown away when it's done.

It's why people complain now that Super had to literally buff everyone to massive degrees for what should have been no issue if the creator didn't want to make it the Goku and Vegeta show.
And GT isn't exempt from this, hell, it's worse than Super in many respects(There's a reason people called it Goku Time).

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Its not different, but the suffering Trunks went through getting it makes the impact feel a bit more earned IMO?

Also just liked the idea of the power up coming from the sheer existential rage at the idea of a "god" condemning his efforts to save others as evil and basically embracing that "evil" because that "god" can fuck off with its deity-centric moral relativism.

Sure, but milking the IP shouldn't lead to story telling this repetitive and silly :maybe
I meant that they’re similar from a hidden potential standpoint, since they’re both noted to have bucketloads of latent potential and their forms stem from that, but yeah Trunks suffered more for it

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
as nerd as gohan was even in goku time, he never lost his gains, in fact, he kept training, and even clashed with revived rildo, who is > gt ssj3 > z ssj3 levels

big green in gt was also > z ssj3 levels

and it goes on

you have even gt ssj2 vegeta in the super ascot 17 saga, holding the most against super toaster 17, holding more than majuub even, even gt showed respect to vegeta :mjlol

the dif between gt and dbs in bad quality aint far, actually for dbs it is worse, since even toyo, traces stuff from gt, he failed to do a remake bebi saga even :heston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back