OBD Convo #31: as long as we are in the path of justice, dont be afraid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I don’t know man; to even call Gohan vs Rildo a fight is being generous.

More like, Gohan becomes Rildo’s punching bag for several minutes until Rildo gets cheap shotted because the animators don’t put any thought into non-Goku fights

Super disrespected him just as bad but has since made up for it with Tournament of Power and Super Hero

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Majuub one-shotting Rildo in that same vid would go on to be the last time he’s portrayed well since he suddenly goes from being somewhere between SS3 and SS4 GT Goku levels of power to weaker than Super Saiyan Goku like everyone else and getting effortlessly folded by Super 17 to make room for the next predictable Goku Time solo fight.

:hestonpls

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Only things I’ll give GT over Super are design and some ideas.

Baby is legitimately one of the best thought out villains in the whole franchise and his various mutations kick ass

And Super Saiyan 4 is better than any Super Saiyan form introduced in Super to date

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Only things I’ll give GT over Super are design and some ideas.

Baby is legitimately one of the best thought out villains in the whole franchise and his various mutations kick ass

And Super Saiyan 4 is better than any Super Saiyan form introduced in Super to date
Hey at least super and gt gave us one of the best OC donut steels ive seen in a long while thanks to Hyourinjutus

s3wpp2oky7261.png

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I don’t know man; to even call Gohan vs Rildo a fight is being generous.

More like, Gohan becomes Rildo’s punching bag for several minutes until Rildo gets cheap shotted because the animators don’t put any thought into non-Goku fights

Super disrespected him just as bad but has since made up for it with Tournament of Power and Super Hero

Even funnier when Majuub is treated to be around the same level as Trunks, Gohan and Goten by the end of GT

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Even funnier when Majuub is treated to be around the same level as Trunks, Gohan and Goten by the end of GT
I just said that. Dude went from stronger than at least Super Saiyan 3 Goku to not able to fight a guy even with Trunks, Goten, Vegeta teaming up who Goku than proceeds to fight solo at just Super Saiyan.

Writers legit forgot what Uub did before because he’s not Goku

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I just said that. Dude went from stronger than at least Super Saiyan 3 Goku to not able to fight a guy even with Trunks, Goten, Vegeta teaming up who Goku than proceeds to fight solo at just Super Saiyan.

Dudes legit forgot what Uub did before because he’s not Goku
I mean he is actually equal to all three of them in strength

Majuub is stated to be able to fuse with any of them

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I mean he is actually equal to all three of them in strength

Majuub is stated to be able to fuse with any of them
Which doesn’t make a lick of sense with how much stronger Goku is than than Gohan, Goten, Trunks, or even Super Saiyan Vegeta at just his Base form.

Based on his performance in the Baby arc, Majuub was stronger than SS3 but falls short to 4 in portrayal

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Eh he’ll come back again. The two times before by Zeno and than Hearts didn’t stop him.
the issue is that they keep having him get super cocky cause he achieved a new form and then getting hsi shit rocked.

Watch hes gonna come back again and have SS4 only to run into fucking SS4 broly and get his shit pushed the fuck in

So I finally finished High & Low: Final Mission:

Honestly, it pretty much surprised me how quickly they wrapped up the Kuryu Problem but I can also understand why they had to write it up so quickly(You literally cannot solve an issue like the Yakuza with punching them considering they will absolutely have their hands in pockets to basically make your life hell before killing you) but it also feels a little forced in that there happened to be an even bigger solution to buttfuck them into oblivion(Though it's not pulled completely out of the ass since Smoky was obviously sick as fuck from something and Nameless City had to have come from SOMEWHERE).

It is a massive shame The Mighty Warriors, Doubt and even the other Yakuza Family completely lost prominence though which makes them being in the last 2 movies... pretty much worthless since there's no real payoff for them and the push to Worst will make bringing them back absolutely weird(Not impossible, just weird as shit to bring them in vs. Oya, Suzuran and Housen). Of course, the setpieces are incredible, they really do show that no one is safe when the Yakuza wants you DEAD and are hideously thorough about it and the gangs are basically going "Do or Die" at the final sequences.

Great movie series, need to start watching the Live Action TV shows to get better acquainted with what the movie continued on with.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
>you guys are able to read into the nuances of certain shows and describe character motivations and shit when people ask what you liked about this or that and write multiple paragraphs about it
>then theres me:
"Oh yeah i really like when dude A absolutely rolled dude b into the ground. really made this series 9/10 for me"

:hestonpls

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
So I finally finished High & Low: Final Mission:

Honestly, it pretty much surprised me how quickly they wrapped up the Kuryu Problem but I can also understand why they had to write it up so quickly(You literally cannot solve an issue like the Yakuza with punching them considering they will absolutely have their hands in pockets to basically make your life hell before killing you) but it also feels a little forced in that there happened to be an even bigger solution to buttfuck them into oblivion(Though it's not pulled completely out of the ass since Smoky was obviously sick as fuck from something and Nameless City had to have come from SOMEWHERE).

It is a massive shame The Mighty Warriors, Doubt and even the other Yakuza Family completely lost prominence though which makes them being in the last 2 movies... pretty much worthless since there's no real payoff for them and the push to Worst will make bringing them back absolutely weird(Not impossible, just weird as shit to bring them in vs. Oya, Suzuran and Housen). Of course, the setpieces are incredible, they really do show that no one is safe when the Yakuza wants you DEAD and are hideously thorough about it and the gangs are basically going "Do or Die" at the final sequences.

Great movie series, need to start watching the Live Action TV shows to get better acquainted with what the movie continued on with.

glad to know, that people slowly start to also connect the dots

watch the 2 tv series for the og trilogy, then watch the fujio origins tv series, to get it better, for the later 2 vs worst movies, they connected the stories overall rather good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back