OBD Convo #31: as long as we are in the path of justice, dont be afraid

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can blame and mock nasu all you want

but 75% of the roster it has, both men and chicks, look either cool or battle themed, they aint looking like weebs, thats the harsh truth

It's honestly funny because you can say that for some of the character designs but he atleast had the tendency to get character designers that knew how to make characters pop even when they look basic:
desktop-wallpaper-archer-fate-stay-night-anime-board-archer-emiya.jpg

61FbHRRMJQL.jpg

For instance, there's nothing unique or insane about these designs, they are actually pretty basic but here's the key:
It still fits the personality, the overall touches of what they are and still manages to be memorable and that's the true key to making a character that looks mid and a character that can be remembered.
Let's be real:

No one is going to remember Touma unless they go truly all out in making people care... it's literally the same issue with Saitama too. But people will remember Mob because despite how he looks plain, he still has a look that works for his character and personality.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Would you guys find it funny if i told that i've never watched or read to aru in my life.
The way i know to aru is the same way i know Kamen Rider

:hestonpls
Give Railgun a shot to see if you like the series. Self-contained to where it doesn’t require knowing anything from the other shows, especially since chronologically, it takes place before the main series for its first arc.

Read the manga for the first arc, First season Railgun has too much padding and filler.

From there, either continue reading the manga or watch Railgun S and T.

acqua has testo, who cares about ur better character, touma has estrogen :heston
*Ahem*

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
touma's design is literally black haired spiky teen, with casual clothes :lul

this type of mc, exists since the 90's, and looks like a goon too, no mc material :lul

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Dont get me wrong

the only thing i know about Nasuverse is from fate stay/night
thats fucking it and even then I didnt watch every episode

I treat fate the same way i treat to aru
theres only a few characters i even care to pay attention to. and it aint even because of the series they are from

To Aru: Touma
Nasuverse: Kishima Kouma

touma's design is literally black haired spiky teen, with casual clothes :lul

this type of mc, exists since the 90's, and looks like a goon too, no mc material :lul

The funny part is that, yeah, you can say the same thing for Shirou but here's the difference:

He has Orange Hair instead :oldryoma

Nah but being real, even when he didn't have a true design yet(Due to Nasu wanting the character to be in his shoes, he still surprisingly manages to look unique despite looking plain)

shirou_ryuji_higurashi_cut_in.png

It's just even funnier that Nasu then continued to tweak the ever living shit out of Shirou through his myriad of Multiverse shenanigans until he's literally badass in certain versions now(Like Prillya and Senji Muramasa taking him over lmfao)

924810.png

He's a dumbass for certain but he's a dumbass with heart.

Dont get me wrong

the only thing i know about Nasuverse is from fate stay/night
thats fucking it and even then I didnt watch every episode

I treat fate the same way i treat to aru
theres only a few characters i even care to pay attention to. and it aint even because of the series they are from

To Aru: Touma
Nasuverse: Kishima Kouma

I can't even blame you for liking Kouma:
tumblr_inline_pjzqz4Vbo01rpjv75_500.png

>Basically fuck up the Protagonist's whole family because his father got too scared of you and tried to kill you
>Ultimate spare said Protagonist because it wouldn't be right
>Said protagonist literally sees you as Death Incarnate to the point even Nanaya is utterly destroyed by him in the mindscape
>Real Kouma just wants to live his life and kick ass to those who deserve it.

He also has an absolutely rocking coat too:
E6p_FxuVUAEVAE3.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back