• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #33: It's MY Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Yeah, he was stronger than them 1vs1 but not massively so. They could still harm him, Nebula beat him by stabbing him in the back

Later Quill knocks him unconscious when the mini ship they were in self destructed

The High Evolutionary is a one trick pony. Only knows TK, the Guardians beat the shit out of him when he wasn’t able to hit them with it. He’s also extremely butthurt that Rocket is smarter than him
Sounds unimpressive. I can see why it seems to be barely doing better than Antman Flopmania in terms of box office.

I am so sick of movie makers not knowing how to make their super powered characters look any more impressive than basic bitch CW superheroes.

Honestly, once I noticed, it's been one of my biggest reasons why I just stopped caring about the MCU.
These are SUPERheroes for fuck's sake, our so called "American Pantheon" to everyone else's if you want to go that far(I'd rather not since we are a Protestant Country founded under Christianity) and how do MidCU consistently show them off after Iron Man?

Looking absolutely fucking PATHETIC because it's clearly obvious that they care too much into their shit comedy and characterization than making them look larger than life.

Ang Lee's Hulk, Sam Raimi's Spider-Man, the DCU, you can love or hate them but at the very least, they actually feel like superheroes and supervillains you just can't easily deal with.

Yeah, he was stronger than them 1vs1 but not massively so. They could still harm him, Nebula beat him by stabbing him in the back

Later Quill knocks him unconscious when the mini ship they were in self destructed

The High Evolutionary is a one trick pony. Only knows TK, the Guardians beat the shit out of him when he wasn’t able to hit them with it. He’s also extremely butthurt that Rocket is smarter than him

And a Marvel Supervillain that ultimately looks intimidating but is a complete bitch, one trick pony and is ultimately treated like trash? Another day for the MCU...

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
So are they just not making any new characters that could be stronger than Captain Marvel?

Adam Warlock could have been that but unfortunately that doesn’t seem to be the case. He can fly across space though

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Honestly, once I noticed, it's been one of my biggest reasons why I just stopped caring about the MCU.
These are SUPERheroes for fuck's sake, our so called "American Pantheon" to everyone else's if you want to go that far(I'd rather not since we are a Protestant Country founded under Christianity) and how do MidCU consistently show them off after Iron Man?

Looking absolutely fucking PATHETIC because it's clearly obvious that they care too much into their shit comedy and characterization than making them look larger than life.

Ang Lee's Hulk, Sam Raimi's Spider-Man, the DCU, you can love or hate them but at the very least, they actually feel like superheroes and supervillains you just can't easily deal with.

And a Marvel Supervillain that ultimately looks intimidating but is a complete bitch, one trick pony and is ultimately treated like trash? Another day for the MCU...
People shit on Black Adam, but at least The Rock made him seem powerful

Sabbac however not so much, he relied on scaling

People shit on Black Adam, but at least The Rock made him seem powerful

Sabbac however not so much, he relied on scaling

That's what gets me the most.
Even Black Adam, the movie people love saying was a trainwreck, STILL MADE EVERYONE LOOK STRONG.
Doctor Fate, in one movie, makes Doctor Strange look like such a bitch when it comes to making an all powerful Magician actually look and feel the part.
Black Adam? I forgot the other two but they also still come off looking larger than life.

But nah, we gotta pretend these movies suck so we can get absolutely trash fight scenes like we see in Quantumania...

AllForOne

Illustrious
The MCU has simply just become an extension for Disney's activism agenda, like Star Wars before it. It's popular, mainstream, and they know people will watch it anyway even with the propaganda influenced decisions.

Pokemon is another great example. Everything past Gen 5 has been underwhelming game-wise but its Pokemon so fans will keep playing it anyway.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
@Uoruk
Thanks for the rep, even though it sounds like you were trying to take away some :kobeha

The MCU has simply just become an extension for Disney's activism agenda, like Star Wars before it. It's popular, mainstream, and they know people will watch it anyway even with the propaganda influenced decisions.

Pokemon is another great example. Everything past Gen 5 has been underwhelming game-wise but its Pokemon so fans will keep playing it anyway.
Not really seeing as how not a single MCU flick has gotten more than a Billion since NWH and all the rest have either underperformed or outright bombed.

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
Sup dudes

Still dealing with the combination of life stuff + hanging out with friends which is why I haven't been posting as regularly recently, though things might be looking up for me recently. Anyways how you guys doin

Summer camp starts for my job tomorrow at the uni so we're gonna have some new kids come in and see the place

Some transfer students from Japan too soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back