• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #33: It's MY Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Whis asks Broly to teach Goku and Vegeta a thing or two about “ki efficiency”

My brother in Christ, they literally did that shit with Full Power Super Saiyan, you know? That shit we've seen Goku use against Perfect Cell to bring about the full power of Super Saiyan without wasting Ki on keeping it maintained? The entire existence of Super Saiyan Blue?!

6-B2-B5-A2-B-92-E8-42-C6-A841-E957-C7386174.jpg

CE15-E533-3279-4690-8-C2-D-0-B3-BDE43-F834.jpg

>these guys are all better than Goku and Vegeta when it comes to control

😐

Interesting retcon Toyo

Seriously, Toyo is godawful when it comes to retcons. And remember, people praise the Manga for this in thinking this fixes the powerscaling issue when it constantly fucks with shit we long knew and so did the Z-Warriors did.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
There’s never been a Full Power variant of Super Saiyan Blue yet. In fact, manga treats Blue as a more taxing form than God unlike the anime and even Mastered SSB is just a more straining state of it

Maybe this is based on how the main perk of Legendary Super Saiyan where the person is constantly getting stronger rather than tired as the fight continues comes from a special form of Ki control

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
There’s never been a Full Power variant of Super Saiyan Blue yet. In fact, manga treats Blue as a more taxing form than God unlike the anime and even Mastered SSB is just a more straining state of it

Maybe this is based on how the main perk of Legendary Super Saiyan where the person is constantly getting stronger rather than tired as the fight continues comes from a special form of Ki control

d42e9a2ecb1fd94559b7617e6a50649d.jpg

c0381c9f1225dd25acc13a9e6790d3b4.jpg

8eaf7571f20ada544822cd837f3747bb.jpg

Funny you mention that :maybe

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
But it’s still straining and hurts the person. Legendary Super Saiyan, at least Broly’s version, doesn’t even do that and constantly raises one’s power level

Constantly yeah but from what we've learned in Dragon Ball having a high power level isn't going to stop you from getting your bottom spanked

Gogeta vs Broly is a good example of this

Uh? In the Anime, SSB's very existence IS the Full Power variant, that's how Goku is able to use the Kaioken with it at all.
I don't want to hear shit about the Manga because it's fucking godawful and to be even more technical, Super Saiyan Blue is JUST using the God Ki while in Super Saiyan form so there is even less excuse for this.

Constantly yeah but from what we've learned in Dragon Ball having a high power level isn't going to stop you from getting your bottom spanked

Gogeta vs Broly is a good example of this

I mean, it does feel like a deflection though because yeah SSJBC in the Manga IS the full power version but Toyo is such a hack, it somehow still strains the user when it shouldn't.
But that's been the case with mostly everything Toyo has done(i.e. Goku acts even more OOC like losing his shit and powering up to fight Jiren and fail miserably when in the Android Saga, Goku instantly found out the weakness of USSJ and never touched it again the second he reached the form amongst other shit).
There's a reason we tend to not see it be as canon due to how many times it crashes into a pond in trying to explain shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back