• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #33: It's MY Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Oh look our favourite edge lord is back with another "stellar take". :mjpls
It’s average at best. A lot of the old Shonen series are not very good. Just because a show makes you feel nostalgic and is a “classic” doesn’t inherently mean it’s a very good series.

DBZ is all over the place, the animation although good for the time is insanely outdated and just boring and bland to watch given the standards nowadays, Goku is pretty boring as a character as he’s literally the OG typical Shonen protagonist which although he was the original MC, his personality and overall character have become so generic due to all the newer “Goku-like” protagonists who have come out after him, etc.

It’s definitely not bad, it’s just insanely overhyped and wanked because people nowadays are waaaaaayyy too emotional to admit that their fav series or a series they grew up watching isn’t anything over than “great”.
It’s a bunch of dudes running around punching eachother with galactic level strength and screaming their lungs out in order to “power up”. The fighting is not “top notch”, you’re just completely blinded by nostalgia and will never acknowledge the fact that DBZ is quite blatantly mid just because you grew up watching it. Cringe.
Same here, but nostalgia can’t blind you when looking at a series and determining how good it was. Let’s be honest, DBZ is pretty mid, but will always be iconic and was the pillar for all the Shonen that came after it.

It similar to how Bob Pettit and Bob Cousy were legendary basketball players who absolutely dominated the 1940’s and 1950’s. But compared to the players now a days they are absolutely horrendous players. They are iconic and we’re great for their time, but as basketball players, they are not good simply due to progression through the decades of playing the sport. Shonen series mostly work the same way. Many of the Ig Shonen like DB, DBZ, etc are pretty mid by today’s standards at best, but we all grew up with them and they’ll always hold a special place in our hearts. However we need to look at them and grade them realistically.
> Dragon Ball "mid at best" by today's standards.
> Implying modern shounen/anime in general are better on average than older ones.
> Fighting is just people punching each other and screaming their lungs out
> Anyone who doesn't agree is just "blinded by nostalgia".

No little edge lord, the people who don't agree simply aren't blinded by the "pretty lights" and "improved visual" of modern anime, which only applies to the ones that actually have a budget in the first place and doesn't take the art style/quality itself into account. :kobeha

Modern anime generally speaking aren't shit by the standards of most classic anime and that has fuck all to do with nostalgia and everything to do with them simply not being as good, and you are just ass-blasted that people don't rate them as highly as you do.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
d2os9gx-f5822ff0-b788-49ff-b473-3d9f6613c559.png

that man in the 00s

that soyman atm

4138870-ggst_gameplay_yt_main.jpg

we were waiting for 25 years, for this garbage, smh, daisuke, git gud, again

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
blazblue central fiction >> striveZzzZ, lmao

finally, lolblue gets the W it wanted all this time, u gotta thank arc sys for chars like bedman sis, bridget, asuka, testament, and lewis :heston
But guilty gear is far more popular with normies now so therefore it's good :whathekong

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

> Most likely got demonetized for speaking out about this show in the first place.
> Says "screw it" I'm gonna tear into it even more, episode by episode.

Fucking Based. :awesome

The demonetization (which has ceased by the way) was also a complete failure as he got enough from donations to make back his losses and then some.

By the way, I like how he SAID to expect excessive swearing in this video (because he's demonetized and doesn't have to care), but then didn't end up swearing at all, because I legit don't think the guy has it in him.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

"They put a Blazblue character in Guilty Gear Strive."

Yeah except Blazblue is actually more fun to watch than Strive, even when watching top tier characters. The only benefit Strive's got is that the matches are short, 'cause characters die so fast.

"He looks cool!"

FUCKING REALLY MAX? He looks cool but Ky's white king outfit (and pretty much everything pre-Strive) was bad? :kobeha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back