• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #33: It's MY Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Look at the Og Resident evil game to laugh at the voice acting once and Resident evil clips get recommended everywhere :mjlol . At least one of them was og Wesker making fun of his own line deliveries with his son though, that was cool.
Indy GAVE THE SANKRA STONES BACK to the Indian village because it was their sacred artifact and they needed it far more than him. Temple of Doom literally has him go through this arc of being a James Bond-esque adventurer going after fortune and glory to being humbled and not seeking those things.

He also wanted the Grail to remain in the sanctuary, though no one should hold the power of the Ark, I can't remember Crystal Skull too well but even that had the aliens get the Skull back...
Imagine understanding nuance in modern Hollywood. Couldn't be me :wow .

It's honestly funny to me how you have Twitter/Reddit go consistently out of it's own ass to act like everyone hates perverted characters like they do.

The actual reason people don't like Mineta isn't because he's a pervert(People like Master Roshi despite him being a pervert), people don't like Mineta because he's ultimately a character that is DEFINED by being a hedonistic asshole.
He wants to be a hero but only for the accolades and ladies. He consistently goes after every lady but don't really treat them as people. He ends up getting angry at anyone upstaging him but he does nothing to actually work harder.

Even with his bullshit character development, he has ultimately shown nothing that has him upgrade as a character or learned from anything. To ultimately put it towards "Oh well he sucks because pervert in the modern era" is 100% Twitter/Reddit stupidity.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
FwgljX9aYAAjjSb

TrueG 37

Acclaimed

Nah the reason I don't care about him is because much like the other students the dude is worthless, his costume is shit tier and there's nothing to his character aside from being a pervert. Which keep in mind even Japan thought him telling that Eri kid to come to him when she's 18 to be in poor taste and it tanked his popularity there :skully.

I don't even care really that he's the obligatory perv character but that's literally all he is. There's never anything to mix it up, no other joke or stand out personality trait so it gets repetitive and boring. I can at least say something else for a character like Jiraiya or even Roshi. The only other thing I can remember from Mineta is that one joke with him breaking the 4th wall and saying that his character design makes it impossible for him to play a guitar. That's about it :kobeha.

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
Which keep in mind even Japan thought him telling that Eri kid to come to him when she's 18 to be in poor taste and it tanked his popularity there :skully.
I thought that's harsh untill I looked up and saw his age is 16 when he said that

He looks fucking 10

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@Paxton Too bad Toaru isn’t big enough for enough of these plebs to pick up on.

I’d love to see the amount of screeching if they saw Railgun T with Misaka beating up a cross-dressing femboy…

…who despite their hobby still identifies as male

:heston

Last edited:

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Nah the reason I don't care about him is because much like the other students the dude is worthless, his costume is shit tier and there's nothing to his character aside from being a pervert. Which keep in mind even Japan thought him telling that Eri kid to come to him when she's 18 to be in poor taste and it tanked his popularity there :skully.

I don't even care really that he's the obligatory perv character but that's literally all he is. There's never anything to mix it up, no other joke or stand out personality trait so it gets repetitive and boring. I can at least say something else for a character like Jiraiya or even Roshi. The only other thing I can remember from Mineta is that one joke with him breaking the 4th wall and saying that his character design makes it impossible for him to play a guitar. That's about it :kobeha.
It's honestly funny to me how you have Twitter/Reddit go consistently out of it's own ass to act like everyone hates perverted characters like they do.

The actual reason people don't like Mineta isn't because he's a pervert(People like Master Roshi despite him being a pervert), people don't like Mineta because he's ultimately a character that is DEFINED by being a hedonistic asshole.
He wants to be a hero but only for the accolades and ladies. He consistently goes after every lady but don't really treat them as people. He ends up getting angry at anyone upstaging him but he does nothing to actually work harder.

Even with his bullshit character development, he has ultimately shown nothing that has him upgrade as a character or learned from anything. To ultimately put it towards "Oh well he sucks because pervert in the modern era" is 100% Twitter/Reddit stupidity.

except he's not disagreeing he's a lame character his point is if he was attracted nobody would care about that shit

Shit how does the attraction shit work here? I guess Roshi has a group of fans I've been overlooking for years :mjlol . Nigga is literally a skeleton when he isn't at max power :kobeha.

Yeah, Master Roshi is a likeable character not because he's attractive but because he has genuine personality despite being a side character. He taught Krillin and Goku math and studies so they won't be stupid representing him, he gave them a home and consistently cared for them even when they surpassed him. He shows genuine care for the Ox King and his plight once he was told about it.

Hell, being attractive never stopped plenty of characters from being hated so I don't understand that at all.

except he's not disagreeing he's a lame character his point is if he was attracted nobody would care about that shit

Not even close lmfao.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Indy GAVE THE SANKRA STONES BACK to the Indian village because it was their sacred artifact and they needed it far more than him. Temple of Doom literally has him go through this arc of being a James Bond-esque adventurer going after fortune and glory to being humbled and not seeking those things.

He also wanted the Grail to remain in the sanctuary, though no one should hold the power of the Ark, I can't remember Crystal Skull too well but even that had the aliens get the Skull back...
its fake

the source being “Hayasaka_Aryan” on its own was already kind of uhhhhhhhhh

this is the actual clip

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Yeah, Master Roshi is a likeable character not because he's attractive but because he has genuine personality despite being a side character. He taught Krillin and Goku math and studies so they won't be stupid representing him, he gave them a home and consistently cared for them even when they surpassed him. He shows genuine care for the Ox King and his plight once he was told about it.

Hell, being attractive never stopped plenty of characters from being hated so I don't understand that at all.
There was also him going out of his way to convince Tien that Tao Pai Pai was evil and that he did not need to follow in revenge for him because he could sense he was a good person at heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back