• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #33: It's MY Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
Man, tell me how to know the difference between a sentence with a imperfect and preterite tense.

I don't know what Spanish you're taking

But I never had to do that shit

All we did was write definitions, words and sentences

Wrote down notes and took tests

They got you kids going crazy today

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I don't know what Spanish you're taking

But I never had to do that shit

All we did was write definitions, words and sentences

Wrote down notes and took tests

They got you kids going crazy today
That’s all I had to do to pass my High School and College Spanish.

Made even easier since I’m Caribbean and I already could speak and understand a good bit of Spanish before taking those classes

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Than again, God knows what even my schools are like now compared to over 10 years ago since I attended with all the shit I hear is going on in America’s “education” system today.

Guess I was lucky to have finished before Obama got his second term.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Not the best comparison. Even the fight between them only lasted as long as it did because of how much Omni-Man was clearly toying with Homelander the whole time.

Deku had no business making Asta struggle as much as he made him but again, it’s entertainment and would be boring to watch otherwise

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Man, tell me how to know the difference between a sentence with a imperfect and preterite tense.
To be fair, many native speakers of Spanish won't know how to differentiate it either, anyway...

Preterite is when the tense of a sentence can be past, present or future.

The easiest way to identify it is by looking for the verb of a sentence and it ends in "ra, ran, se, sen"

Example:
Si tuviera un dólar por cada vez que me despierto temprano ya tendría un carro.

Mi amigo se enojó de que el público no se riesen de sus chistes.

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
The easiest way to identify it is by looking for the verb of a sentence and it ends in "ra, ran, se, sen"
In the event that none of the verbs ends like that, it would be necessary to see if the sentence could be used in the past and present without changing.
in that case check that the verb ends in "aba, abas, abais, ábamos, aban, ía, ías, íamos, íais, ían"

Example:
El bebé bebía leche
Ana cruzaba la calle

In addition, there are only three irregular verbs that are "ser, ir, ver".

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
That’s all I had to do to pass my High School and College Spanish.

Made even easier since I’m Caribbean and I already could speak and understand a good bit of Spanish before taking those classes

Which part?

Nigga folks don't care about stomps lol look at OmniLander.
Its a popular Mu

Yeah cause Goku vs Pennywise got 30k views on Youtube and is still going up

I stand corrected :mjlol

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
To be fair, many native speakers of Spanish won't know how to differentiate it either, anyway...

Preterite is when the tense of a sentence can be past, present or future.

Example:
Si tuviera un dólar por cada vez que me despierto temprano ya tendría un carro.

Mi amigo se enojó de que el público no se riesen de sus chistes.
Problem is that they don't give us the verb. We have to put the verb in the proper tense, sometimes the sentence has an infinitive that makes it known but most of the time I just guess because an imperfect and preterite tense sentence without the verb look the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back