• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #33: It's MY Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I think we’ll get those books as more Parts are released. JoJo6251 makes sense since it goes up to Part 4 in content and we’ve already got up to Part 5 already out

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
yeah jojo a gogo im assuming will drop after they finish the part 5 localization. I think they only have a couple more volumes to cover, I’m assuming they’ll wrap up this year since they already announced SO coming in english too

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
@OtherGalaxy Did you ever get Hirohiko Araki’s World JoJo6251? Mine just got in

It’s got confirmation once more by Araki himself that Silver Chariot is at least light speed.

“The Stand is fast enough to easily strike an enemy moving at the speed of light, as long as it can see its target’s trajectory.”
This is the proper translation:

軌道さえわかれば、光の速さで動く敵を切ることもたやすい。

“If it just understands their path, even cutting an enemy moving at the speed of light is a simple task.”

That implies SC needs preparation (granted even the localized translation implies that too, so meh)

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Sorta, this is the proper translation:

軌道さえわかれば、光の速さで動く敵を切ることもたやすい。

“If it just understands their path, even cutting an enemy moving at the speed of light is a simple task.”

That implies SC needs preparation
Basically says the same thing in English and for the feat in question, no prep was needed. Silver Chariot cut Hanged Man mid flight as a beam of light.

The only reason it needs to know the path is because it needs to know the direction to strike since Polnareff himself can’t actually see light travel. No matter how fast you are, it doesn’t matter if you miss the opponent

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
1OOVvEx.jpg

The ultimate Stand which brings everything back to nothingness!!

Its ability consists of reverting all of the attacking opponent's motions and will back into nothingness. And because it possesses attacking power surpassing that of all existing stands it also represents the "Ultimate Stand".

Those that are hit by Requiem will have even their deaths undone, only to continue experiencing death many times over. As a result, Diaboro, who believed in his prediction and attacked, was trapped in experiencing death over and over indefinitely.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
> Decieved and manipulated by Darth Vader successfully throughout both games.
> Killed by Emperor Palpatine in the first game.
> Had to exploit the environment to defeat Vader in the second game.
> Mary Sue?

Starkiller is no more a Gary Stu than Cal Kestis is (ie he's not). The only reason people pretend that he is, is because he does shit like pull Star Destroyers down and people don't like the idea force users being that strong, despite it being perfectly consistent with other EU material.
Funny thing is, pre-Disney I remember people saying his feats are inferior to other Force Users (Exar Kun, Nihilus, Revan, Vitiate, Naga Sadow, etc). Starkiller is the flashiest is what it is.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
>Monarchs got new monsters
>but its also only for rush duels

Konami is on some fucking shit man
This wouldn’t be a problem if Konami just released Rush Duels into the TCG. I’ve been dying to play it and collect the cards for a while now.

As much as I want to watch the new Rush Duel related Yugioh shows, I refuse to watch a show of a card game that I can’t play.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
This wouldn’t be a problem if Konami just released Rush Duels into the TCG. I’ve been dying to play it and collect the cards for a while now.

As much as I want to watch the new Rush Duel related Yugioh shows, I refuse to watch a show of a card game that I can’t play.
Konami just denying themselves money for no reason

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Konami just denying themselves money for no reason
And I have no clue why. It’s the TCG Konami can thank for Yugioh being the biggest, most lucrative card game in history. You bet there’s an audience for Rush Duels with both Speed Duels and Duel Links both proving players are fully willing to throw in money for entirely new formats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back