• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #33: It's MY Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
And I have no clue why. It’s the TCG Konami can thank for Yugioh being the biggest, most lucrative card game in history. You bet there’s an audience for Rush Duels with both Speed Duels and Duel Links both proving players are fully willing to throw in money for entirely new formats
but nah, gotta print more support for archetypes that dont need it

fucking sky strikers

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
but nah, gotta print more support for archetypes that dont need it

fucking sky strikers
Waifus sell bro. And Sky Strikers is arguably the best example in the entire card game’s history of that. There’s a reason almost every Deck Builder set after Dark Saviors (set that had Sky Strikers) followed it with having at least one Waifu theme

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Waifus sell bro. And Sky Strikers is arguably the best example in the entire card game’s history of that. There’s a reason almost every Deck Builder set after Dark Saviors (set that had Sky Strikers) followed it with having at least one Waifu theme
its either waifus or cute stuff. Purrely has been pretty popular among players from what i've seen not just for their effects but because Cats
:heston

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
its either waifus or cute stuff. Purrely has been pretty popular among players from what i've seen not just for their effects but because Cats
:heston
And even that one included those Ritual Girls which also saw play.

Wild Survivors is the only one that sort of didn’t have one. A Dino Theme, a Ritual theme centered around demons serving French cuisines, and fighting game theme inspired by Guilty Gear

Bet the next one will rectify that

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
And even that one included those Ritual Girls which also saw play.

Wild Survivors is the only one that sort of didn’t have one. A Dino Theme, a Ritual theme centered around demons serving French cuisines, and fighting game theme inspired by Guilty Gear

Bet the next one will rectify that
Ah yeah the Hungry Burger Support

Still my favorite support that came out recently

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Ah yeah the Hungry Burger Support

Still my favorite support that came out recently
I take it back. The Vanquish Soul theme. I know theres probably pixiv fanart on Panthera from that archetype.

This set was kind of a dud for me. The new Dino theme is about all Im interested in getting

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
I take it back. The Vanquish Soul theme. I know theres probably pixiv fanart on Panthera from that archetype.

This set was kind of a dud for me. The new Dino theme is about all Im interested in getting
One thing I will say is that the artwork for all 3 themes has been amazing

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
One thing I will say is that the artwork for all 3 themes has been amazing
Ritual Demon Cuisine is meh but it’s supposed to be silly so I’ll let it pass. Don’t know why, but the Dino theme‘s artwork doesn’t quite wow me as much as other Dinos in the game. The Fusions about the only one that impressed me.

Vanquish Soul is definitely the coolest. Kaiser Varius is one of best looking boss monsters in the game

xV3R5O1.jpg

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Ritual Demon Cuisine is meh but it’s supposed to be silly so I’ll let it pass. Don’t know why, but the Dino theme‘s artwork doesn’t quite wow me as much as other Dinos in the game. The Fusions about the only one that impressed me.

Vanquish Soul is definitely the coolest. Kaiser Varius is one of best looking boss monsters in the game

xV3R5O1.jpg
You just reminded me that someone managed to win a tourney using VS, topping over all the meta decks. it was great to hear

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
You just reminded me that someone managed to win a tourney using VS, topping over all the meta decks. it was great to hear
Because it’s a good deck. Basically Gladiator Beasts but faster and their method of “tagging out” is a great way to dodge any targeting effects by the opponent.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

@Stocking Anarchy With each new study, nobody can deny the king.:mjpls

And now I think back to that one Jurassic Park scene where a T Rex was right in front of someone and didn't see them, and recognize just how much plot armor that character actually had. Shit must've been thicker than half of shonen anime MCs.:hestonpls

65000000 years later and the T-rex is still taking Ws. :Jiub:

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

I don't know the veracity of this tweet but I'll post it on in case anyone is interested

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
It’s going to be a fighting game but I kinda would like to see it be an RPG too. That’d be pretty cool.

Just hope it’s actually a good game unlike Jump Force

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
They never have Digimon in these things.

Which is weird because they have Yu-Gi-Oh which wouldn't think would make a fighting game. :maybe
Well Digimon is not from Shonen Jump, I also understand that Digimon's rights are a headache because half belongs to Bandai and the other half belongs to Toei and the two even have friction in managing the IP.

It is different from a case like Dragon Ball or One Piece that Toei only has rights to the anime but for everything else it is arranged with Toriyama or Oda respectively.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Must be how JoJo gets by to always be in the Jump crossovers too since it hasn’t been been owned by WSJ for some time now. It switched from Weekly Shounen Jump to a Seinen magazine partway through Part 7

Or said Seinen magazine just allows it anyway because the games are free advertising

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Well Digimon is not from Shonen Jump, I also understand that Digimon's rights are a headache because half belongs to Bandai and the other half belongs to Toei and the two even have friction in managing the IP.

It is different from a case like Dragon Ball or One Piece that Toei only has rights to the anime but for everything else it is arranged with Toriyama or Oda respectively.
That makes sense I guess.
Sucks though 'cause Digimon would fit quite well in a game like this IMO.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member

It's basically how spiderman is cut into three different company.

1 handle the comics, 1 handle the movie, and 1 handle the games.

Digimon is basically in that situation. :kannasip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back