• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #36: The Orca Scrolls Academia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
officially confirmed that the weather in greece > norse, and can make you far taller/ripped :heston
Kratos is the living embodiment of that, going from 7'8" to 6'2"(Yes, that's his current, confirmed height) when he left his homeland, and lost half his testo, in the process. :jordangif

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
in gow4, they had him as 6'2 feet, to make him comparable to chris judge (the actor) but in gow5, in another interview they said, he is now close to 6'5 feet, the 6'4 feet part comes in, because he adapted more to the new land and finds a bit of his old self

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
even thor during their first fight says, why i am fighting against this lesser version of you, werent you a god of war? where is he? stop holding back, where is the one who made the greek deities run in fear?

he pmuch dropped a sick fire, both for current kratos's power and height, and thor, nig you lucky, you didnt visit old vgame greece, during that saga, really lucky :mjlol

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
in gow4, they had him as 6'2 feet, to make him comparable to chris judge (the actor) but in gow5, in another interview they said, he is now close to 6'5 feet, the 6'4 feet part comes in, because he adapted more to the new land and finds a bit of his old self
Maybe one day then, he'll reach the gains he had in his prime. :mjpls

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Thor literally peaked in that first fight. All went downhill for his character from there.

They tried to humanize him which I didn’t mind but overplayed the abused with daddy issues into a drunk deadbeat trope too much and made him too pathetic, and than just when we at least get a layoff of him standing up to Odin, he gets killed off like nothing.

What a waste of a character like Thor

Ragnarok was really disappointing for me on a second playthrough with the story. Too much content crammed into one game that they tried to resolve making it feel rushed and half-assed on most of it

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
even thor during their first fight says, why i am fighting against this lesser version of you, werent you a god of war? where is he? stop holding back, where is the one who made the greek deities run in fear?

he pmuch dropped a sick fire, both for current kratos's power and height, and thor, nig you lucky, you didnt visit old vgame greece, during that saga, really lucky :mjlol
The devs want us to believe Kratos got even stronger from his old Greek days, but I don't buy it. Seems like he got weaker, by trying to bury his true self.

Why else would he be so much shorter, and have niggas wondering where the God of War they heard about is, when they fight him?:tupac:mjlol

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
thor had so much potential, if he had the attitude he had during the first fight, he would be a very good antagonist/rival

i thought he would be rebellious and do what he wants, cuz of his power, yet, was deep inside afraid and mind controlled, he wasn't the true warrior that was shown, he had several mental issues and limitations for the supposed strongest fighter in norse land (aside lol odin)

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
The devs want us to believe Kratos got even stronger from his old Greek days, but I don't buy it. Seems like he got weaker, by trying to bury his true self.

Why else would he be so much shorter, and have niggas wondering where the God of War they heard about is, when they fight him?:tupac:mjlol

dont buy it either tbh, feats and hax wise, hades alone could trap them through bfr portals to the underworld and trap them there, they would escape from there, the same day rwby jaune would be stronger than toeiland yamcha :mjlol

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member

Thor was lucky otherwise Greek Era Kratos would had that nigga eat his hammer :trinny
asked Hercules he knows what that feels

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Garm was pretty impressive hax-wise. Completely unkillable and will endlessly resurrect due to lacking a soul, eats and claws through space to tear into other realms, and can even eat concepts according to its lore, having eaten a fifth season and an unknown word both out of existence, erasing both even from memory of everyone as if they never existed and can only be vaguely recalled

And it looked badass too

maxresdefault.jpg

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Thor literally peaked in that first fight. All went downhill for his character from there.

They tried to humanize him which I didn’t mind but overplayed the abused with daddy issues into a drunk deadbeat trope too much and made him too pathetic, and than just when we at least get a layoff of him standing up to Odin, he gets killed off like nothing.

What a waste of a character like Thor

Ragnarok was really disappointing for me on a second playthrough with the story. Too much content crammed into one game that they tried to resolve making it feel rushed and half-assed on most of it
thor had so much potential, if he had the attitude he had during the first fight, he would be a very good antagonist/rival

i thought he would be rebellious and do what he wants, cuz of his power, yet, was deep inside afraid and mind controlled, he wasn't the true warrior that was shown, he had several mental issues and limitations for the supposed strongest fighter in norse land (aside lol odin)
i wanted there rematch to be like there first fight on crack

Kratos going all out greek era style and Thor still keeping up with him showing he could contend with a Prime Kratos

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
btw, kratos and deimos (same height as his prime state bro) was really a great tag team

hoped we could have seen more of them, they had so much greek dante/vergil potential - more aggressive edtion, in vibes/sync

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
dont buy it either tbh, feats and hax wise, hades alone could trap them through bfr portals to the underworld and trap them there, they would escape from there, the same day rwby jaune would be stronger than toeiland yamcha :mjlol
They went way too hard on the 'grounded' angle for the new GOW games. Ragnarok really should've gone back to the days of old, when it comes to spectacle.

Can you imagine round 2 of Kratos and Thor, where at first we have control, but then after the first phase, which sees some scene transitions and hefty damage done to Asgard, we then switch over to Atreus' gameplay, and through him, we see Kratos and Thor battling it out in the background, tearing everything apart like absolute savages, as merely an after-effect of their battle, as we do our thing with him, before switching back to Kratos again, for the second phase of the Thor boss-fight, which could've been even wilder.

I mean, come on, they already had a lore piece in the previous game where Thor's and Jorm's clash sent the latter back in time, so why not have Kratos and Thor clash, mess up the world tree in the process, and send them flinging across every other realm as a consequence, which they also mess up a good deal in their wake, before ending up right back in Asgard again, by or near the end? It's the finale of the Norse saga, after all. Why not go as big as possible for it? Why hold back then, of all times? :wow

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
They went way too hard on the 'grounded' angle for the new GOW games. Ragnarok really should've gone back to the days of old, when it comes to spectacle.

Can you imagine round 2 of Kratos and Thor, where at first we have control, but then after the first phase, which sees some scene transitions and hefty damage done to Asgard, we then switch over to Atreus' gameplay, and through him, we see Kratos and Thor battling it out in the background, tearing everything apart like absolute savages, as merely an after-effect of their battle, as we do our thing with him, before switching back to Kratos again, for the second phase of the Thor boss-fight, which could've been even wilder.

I mean, come on, they already had a lore piece in the previous game where Thor's and Jorm's clash sent the latter back in time, so why not have Kratos and Thor clash, mess up the world tree in the process, and send them flinging across every other realm as a consequence, which they also mess up a good deal in their wake, before ending up right back in Asgard again, by or near the end? It's the finale of the Norse saga, after all. Why not go as big as possible for it? Why hold back then, of all times? :wow
too many people don't have the imagination like before they don't have the taste for Greatness :wow nor Hunger

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
btw, kratos and deimos (same height as his prime state bro) was really a great tag team

hoped we could have seen more of them, they had so much greek dante/vergil potential - more aggressive edtion, in vibes/sync
Deimos got killed off too soon, prequel game or not. They could've absolutely brought him back, if they wanted to. His dynamic with Kratos would've been interesting to explore more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back