• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #36: The Orca Scrolls Academia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
F0Y0O3sXwAEN9v8

LeonLex

Paramount
Optimus is one of the few people allowed to kill their rivals without regret. Dude gave Megatron all the chances in the universe (and then some) to stop being a genocidal maniac.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Still remember that episode where SpongeBob and Patrick were letting out words bad enough for the censors.

The best part is the actors were actually cursing too

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
It also means we’ve been seeing this dude’s nuts on display for the entire episode

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member

he’s right :tupac

optimus: stops genocide 5x in a row near singlehandedly

transformers “fans” : HE COMMITTED WAR CRIMES111!! megatron is the true hero he should have forgiven him

it’s weird to see people shit on these movies so much and then miss the most basic message possible from them

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Optimus Prime in the movies is only brutal to those who have it coming.

He shows amazing restraint towards humans even after they backstabbed him and killed several of his friends in Age of Extinction as his reward for defending them for three movies prior.

Even telling other Autobots more than happy to shoot them in retaliation to stand down.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
yeah, it’s actually a really good arc tbh

the one human he kills he does it to stop then from killing his friend
even when he confronts the people melting down his friend’s stripped corpses, he doesn’t harm any of them

and this is all after they betrayed him despite him saving the entire earth in 3 lol

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Is anyone really hating on Optimus’ glorious double kill on Sentinel and Megatron? That was the best scene in the whole movie.

Megatron’s truce he was offering to Optimus wasn’t even sincere either. He specifically said he wanted to be in charge for the terms which you know would not be good.

I’d argue the way Optimus killed the Fallen was him at his most savage. Both Sentinel and Megatron were killed quick and clean while you can tell Optimus was taking his time with killing the Fallen in the most painful way possible.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
^people to this day are arguing he was wrong for how he did Sentinel :skully despite the guy literally opening the door for robo nazis and letting them massacre humans after they wiped out most of his own people

average moviegoer iq in the negatives

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Wait fucking Sentinel? I figured it was Megatron people criticized him for killing since he did help with beating Sentinel at the very end. I hated Sentinel more than any Decepticon after he cowardly shot and killed Ironhide in the back

If I was Optimus in that scene, I would have emptied my entire gun into that traitorous coward’s corpse long after it stopped moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back