• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #36: The Orca Scrolls Academia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
>people want a naruto anime remake

No, fuck off
Fuck that. Series is beyond milked with all its manga material covered and filler up the ass making up more than half of it

There’s more works than I can think of that never got all their source material adapted or even adapted at all

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Fuck that. Series is beyond milked with all its manga material covered and filler up the ass making up more than half of it

There’s more works than I can think of that never got all their source material adapted or even adapted at all
Where is my Kongo Banchou anime damnit

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
image.png

@OtherGalaxy dog level radahn :wow

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
That shit always got me. Shes basically part of a regular security team yet could pull off all that shit at the start of the game.
Well TBF that doesn't really bother me as she's been sent out to fight monsters and shit in places like the Vile Peaks before and is at least noted to be exceptional by her possession of a gunblade.

I mean Snow was also kicking PSICOM ass (and killed a Behemoth) at the start and he was just a civilian who took to fighting monsters that threatened Bodhum so he could be a hero.

Then of course between them, Snow explains that PSICOM forces (for all their extra training and bigger weapons) have very little actual combat experience and Light clarifies that ONLY applies to the grunts and that if their Elites show up, they're fucked. We can justify the Purge being handled mostly by Grunts by the Fal'cie micro-managing shit so the L'cie can be created and survive.

As I say, I just find the fact that Light is the ONLY one with a gunblade to be weird. Like Jihl Nabaat or Yaag Rosch couldn't have had one, you couldn't have had an enemy type in the Eden unit of PSICOM (literally supposed to be their best troops as per the datalog) have one, hell I'd settle for Cid Raines having one? Light just shouldn't be the only one with a gunblade.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@Adamant soul @Masterblack06 @DestinyDestroyer

Your definitely an OG if you can name the monsters these undead versions of are based on.

As much as I like callbacks, this is a very derivative theme. Structurally, it’s like Metaphys, both consisting of a bunch of legacy monsters being refrained into a common theme with a single all new monster that’s presumably the boss of theme that changed the rest into their retrains that fall into the theme.

The fact that their undead is also not too creative since Zombies have tons of zombiefied versions of past monsters too.

Gameplay’s my biggest complaint. Combo fodder monsters to summon the big guy, who’s a 5k multi-attacker to OTK your opponent. I’m more of a control player. I like my games to last and have good back and fourths.

Guess I’ll be keeping an eye out on the other two themes of this set more

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Let’s accept the facts here. 4kids dubs were trash all the way through.

The nostalgia I have for them comes from some of their shows I grew up with even with the heavy censoring still being good and the great voices actors like Dan Green and Darren Dunstan whose performances stole the show.

As well as my nostalgia for early 2000s Saturday morning cartoons.

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
You compare any of the uncensored Japanese Yugioh to the 4kids dubs, and there’s a huge step in quality and tone in favor of the original Japanese.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
If it weren't for 4kids, we wouldn't have the One Piece OP rap. A song that is such a meme, it will last until the end of time. :heston
1uvvfAx.jpg

:skully

Nothing on 4kids literally changing the lore of Yugioh by including the Shadow Realm as a catch all term for characters killed and sent to the afterlife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back