• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #36: The Orca Scrolls Academia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Still to this day, I am baffled as to why Austin/Axel got to be the one to beat Haou Judai, instead of Sho/Syrus or Alexis/Asuka.

Dude who only came into the show at the start of this season and hasn't even interacted with Judai that much, gets to do this instead of his best friend or his love interest (at least on her end) whom he did the same thing for in the previous season. I get that they wanted to showcase the new characters but sidelining the other characters is not how you go about doing that.

Sure you needed to have some "die" to provoke the transformation in the first place, but if the character who was going to free Judai from Haou was going to sacrifice themselves in the process, it REALLY should have been Asuka IMO. Austin could have dueled the other monster dude that Judai duels while Hell Kaiser is dueling Yubel, OR the Exodia guy whose name I forget. :maybe

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
3 years into the PS5 and nothing from Naughty Dog but the most unnecessary remasters in gaming history made with the least amount of effort possible and full price.

Even Todd Howard had the decency of just letting Skyrim Special Edition owners get an upgrade for Anniversary Edition rather than rebuying it and he doesn’t charge you a thing for a Skyrim PS5 upgrade.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
3 years into the PS5 and nothing from Naughty Dog but the most unnecessary remasters in gaming history made with the least amount of effort possible and full price.

Even Todd Howard had the decency of just letting Skyrim Special Edition owners get an upgrade for Anniversary Edition rather than rebuying it and he doesn’t charge you a thing for a Skyrim PS5 upgrade.
Well why make something new when you can milk your previous work for all its worth, especially when the show might have made people forget how ass Part 2 is and you can try to trick show only watchers into buying to see how you ruined the story? :mjpls

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

wtff-cat-confused-orange.gif

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Well why make something new when you can milk your previous work for all its worth, especially when the show might have made people forget how ass Part 2 is and you can try to trick show only watchers into buying to see how you ruined the story? :mjpls
Low-key, this is telling me Season 2 Last of Us HBO got axed for obvious reasons so now this will be Cuckmann’s attempt at trying to squeeze whatever money he can out of his failed baby Part 2 by fooling tv show onlys already clueless enough to spend 70 dollars on that Last of Us “remake”

Still can’t believe how hard Naughty Dog has fallen to be this fucking cheap

You literally have a Last of Us 2 PS5 upgrade to run at 60 frames per second and graphically, it already looks as good as the Last of Us Remake 1. WTF is there any point in this? Games only 3 years old do not need freaking remakes.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Low-key, this is telling me Season 2 Last of Us HBO got axed for obvious reasons so now this will be Cuckmann’s attempt at trying to squeeze whatever money he can out of his baby Part 2 by fooling tv show onlys already clueless enough to spend 70 dollars on that Last of Us “remake”
Either that or The Last of Us show writers have more sense than Druckmann and are going to make changes to the show version of Part 2's story so as to try and salvage something out of it, and this re-release is just Cuckmann being spiteful and trying to shove "his version" down people's throats before season 2 comes out.
Still can’t believe how hard Naughty Dog has fallen to be this fucking cheap

You literally have a Last of Us 2 PS5 upgrade to run at 60 frames per second and graphically, it already looks as good as the Last of Us Remake 1. WTF is there any point in this? Games only 3 years old do not need freaking remakes.
"Bu..but Dead Space and Resident Evil 4 remakes did well so obviously this will do the same right?" :mjpls

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Cuckmann’s Naughty Dog is so incompetent, they can’t even be bothered to do their remasters correctly when it comes to porting them if your playing on PC

The-Last-of-Us-Part-1-PC-Visual-Glitches-Graphics-Bugs.jpg

the-last-of-us-bugs.jpg

joel-und-ellie-zeigen-sich-in-the-last-of-us-part-1-auf-dem-pc-von-ihrer-schokoladenseite_6225682.jpg

:kobeha

No wonder they haven’t made anything new. Cuckmann can’t be trusted if he screws up this badly with just doing remasters of old ass games.

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Either that or The Last of Us show writers have more sense than Druckmann and are going to make changes to the show version of Part 2's story so as to try and salvage something out of it, and this re-release is just Cuckmann being spiteful and trying to shove "his version" down people's throats before season 2 comes out.

"Bu..but Dead Space and Resident Evil 4 remakes did well so obviously this will do the same right?" :mjpls
I’m sick of Last of Us stans bringing up Resident Evil 2-4 or Dead Space remake to justify Naughty Dog’s business practices.

Those are actual remakes made with today’s budget of making a brand new game from the ground up with modern day improvements done to the gameplay, tangible changes and even extra content as well.

Last of Us Part 1 was falsely marketed as a remake when it’s the same PS3 game and engine just given PS5 era graphics. They couldn’t even just add the gameplay improvements and additions to Part 2 either.

And Naughty Dog has the balls to charge you 70 dollars for this? When you can already play for less than 20 dollars The Last of Us Remastered on PS4 and 5 which also still has the Factions Multiplayer they didn’t bother including in this “remake”?GTFO

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I’m sick of Last of Us stans bringing up Resident Evil 2-4 or Dead Space remake to justify Naughty Dog’s business practices.
TBC I haven't seen anyone actually give that excuse, it was just an example of what I think the excuses will be. :maybe
Those are actual remakes made with today’s budget of making a brand new game from the ground up with modern day improvements done to the gameplay, tangible changes and even extra content as well.
Not to mention they are done by people that actually respect the craft and the source material (to an extent in RE's case) and (weather you think they succeeded or not) genuinely wanted to make the best game possible.

They were NOT low effort cash ins, as long as you ignore RE3MAKE but we don't talk about that one and at least it was still a graphical upgrade if nothing else.
Last of Us Part 1 was falsely marketed as a remake when it’s the same PS3 game and engine just given PS5 era graphics. They couldn’t even just add the gameplay improvements and additions to Part 2 either.

And Naughty Dog has the balls to charge you 70 dollars for this? When you can already play for less than 20 dollars The Last of Us Remastered on PS4 and 5 which also still has the Factions Multiplayer they didn’t bother including in this “remake”?GTFO
I mean at least Final Fantasy X HD was being put on later consoles and they actually bothered to update the visuals a little bit (though the character models still look like shit compared to the original and they didn't put in the ability to skip cutscenes).

Even that wasn't as much of a lazy cash in as this.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
TBC I haven't seen anyone actually give that excuse, it was just an example of what I think the excuses will be. :maybe

Not to mention they are done by people that actually respect the craft and the source material (to an extent in RE's case) and (weather you think they succeeded or not) genuinely wanted to make the best game possible.

They were NOT low effort cash ins, as long as you ignore RE3MAKE but we don't talk about that one and at least it was still a graphical upgrade if nothing else.

I mean at least Final Fantasy X HD was being put on later consoles and they actually bothered to update the visuals a little bit (though the character models still look like shit compared to the original and they didn't put in the ability to skip cutscenes).

Even that wasn't as much of a lazy cash in as this.
Back when Last of Us Part 1 was announced. All you heard from stans was B-But Dead Space Remake.

They even still brought up Dead Space even after it was confirmed that Last of Us Remake was just a graphics overhaul of the same 10 year old game with no further changes that their charging you 70 dollars for

:heston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back