• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #37: WE ARE MIGHTY WARRIORS

Status
Not open for further replies.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
There comes a time when one must ask an important question...

@OtherGalaxy How powerful is Bionicle if we use dimensional tiering?
i dont think it would get any boost at all, I don’t remember higher dimensions ever being mentioned in it. There’s tons of alternate realities and weird pocket dimensions though which is why it does so well against other series of its tier.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

"Why are people asking for the Percy Jackson Books? What's inaccurate about them?"

There are things here and there in those books (the big one obviously being the massive disrespect that Heracles gets, which I'm surprised this guy apparently didn't notice considering he's a big fan of Heracles) but I think he's right in that they're not inaccurate ENOUGH to the Mythology to justify videos breaking down their treatment of the Mythology.

"The Fate Series I feel like I'd be tearing apart all the designs and it's something I'd have to watch."

Well I would recommend reading the Visual Novel since you get more of the Servant's backstories that way, so you can actually compare them to their Mythological counterparts. He could still do the three routes separately so that he's not overloading himself.

I also don't believe Fate (especially earlier on) is THAT bad from a Mythological accuracy stand point, sex changed King Arthur's not withstanding. It's a damn sight better than something like Record of Ragnarok or God of War in terms of accuracy in any case although that's not really saying much.

Last edited:

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

"Why are people asking for the Percy Jackson Books? What's inaccurate about them?"

There are things here and there in those books (the big one obviously being the massive disrespect that Heracles gets, which I'm surprised this guy apparently didn't notice considering he's a big fan of Heracles) but I think he's right in that they're not inaccurate ENOUGH to the Mythology to justify videos breaking down their treatment of the Mythology.

"The Fate Series I feel like I'd be tearing apart all the designs and it's something I'd have to watch."

Well I would recommend reading the Visual Novel since you get more of the Servant's backstories that way, so you can actually compare them to their Mythological counterparts. He could still do the three routes separately so that he's not overloading himself.

I also don't believe Fate (especially earlier on) is THAT bad from a Mythological accuracy stand point, sex changed King Arthur's not withstanding. It's a damn sight better than something like Record of Ragnarok or God of War in terms of accuracy in any case although that's not really saying much.

Fate has some pretty severe inaccuracies, though most of them are intentional either to make them fit into the Nasuverse better or just because the author felt it made for a better story.

Leaving the gender-swap stuff aside, Attila the Hun is actually an alien, Karna and Arjuna have their characters basically swapped (which has a ripple effect on everyone in their story), the Greek gods were robots, the Mayan gods were space fungus, and a bunch of other stuff besides.

Most of it gets explained or addressed in the story, but it's still there. Except the Karna and Arjuna thing, that part is because they exaggerated the "noble villain vs flawed hero" dynamic the OG's had to the point Karna is now the good guy and Arjuna the bad guy. It's stupid and drags down every Fate story involving their myth. And I will rant about it forever

LeonLex

Paramount
Browsing through random anime openings on youtube and found the japanese opening of Oban Star Racers.
That was a good anime (half french).
The US opening is good too.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Dunno if they plan to add montblanc. They haven't added Rikku either.

:eksip
No Montblanc?
Game is trash.

Imagine not having the best bro in the game. My man was ready to help you get back to your world off rip with no questions asked.
a7e4b6064f1cf79de74af2267a70307e.png

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
I will also never get over them changing lilty's and replaced them with bullshit called Lalafel

Give me my bucket head brigade damnit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back