• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #37: WE ARE MIGHTY WARRIORS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Power levels aren’t bullshit. They always accurately tell who’s the stronger fighter

Toriyama even said he wrote them out of the story because it would let the reader know immediately how the fight would go down

This. It's basically another stupid meme created by TFS that retards went all on about because "It's cool to point out how much better the retarded Abridged series is".

As @Derpmaster9000 stated, the power levels themselves was never the issue, the actual issue that Toriyama wanted to point out is that the NUMBERS that you can see doesn't matter because anyone who knows how to hide their Ki can not only do so but explicitly withhold it until the last second for an extra boost in strength for maximum damage or defense.

THAT'S what Toriyama was always talking about but people got way too enamored with "bigger numbers" rather than "Characters can literally hide how truly strong they are until they decide to do so"

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
What they will notice, if you're not careful, is how you are way faster and stronger than any other human. If we just say standard 50X boost, you'll be beating the shit out of grizzly bears effortlessly and sending even the strongest predators running, with just power alone, no tech.:tupac

If we high end though, and go the power level route, you boost from anywhere from 250-500 of a PL, which is more than enough to bust the moon, and move at relativistic speeds, going off Piccolo's moon-destruction feat, while being able to shrug off nukes and shit like it's nothing. Literally nothing would be a threat to you, at that point. There's so many ways you can be exposed at that point, that it's not even funny. :mjlol
dude a standard farmer is 5 and that's with a shotgun and most farmer are already stronger than most city people, a city kid ain't having that number. :mjlol Goku even considered Satan a 1. and dude is known as the strongest Human.

:heston we ain't going to be one by DB standard.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
dude a standard farmer is 5 and that's with a shotgun and most farmer are already stronger than most city people, a city kid ain't having that number. :mjlol Goku even considered Satan a 1. and dude is known as the strongest Human.

:heston we ain't going to be one by DB standard.
Alright, then lets put the average human at 0.2. That sound fair? 50X that puts the average human at kid Goku, pre-training power level.

As in, the same Goku who, from the start of DB, could face-tank bullets with only minor bruising and pain. :heston

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Alright, then lets put the average human at 0.2. That sound fair? 50X that puts the average human at kid Goku, pre-training power level.

As in, the same Goku who, from the start of DB, could face-tank bullets with only minor bruising and pain. :heston
not like he will be tanking bullet in a city. It's really rare. So as I said he's going to be unnoticed.

:eksip of course if he went out of his way to do super human shit then he will be noticed.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
not like he will be tanking bullet in a city. It's really rare. So as I said he's going to be unnoticed.

:eksip of course if he went out of his way to do super human shit then he will be noticed.
If he lives in Detroit, there's a solid chance someone's gonna shoot at his ass everyday. :russ

In all seriousness though, he wouldn't be able to hide forever. Unless he goes into hiding or some shit, he'll eventually end up in a situation where superhuman strength comes in handy, or hell, say he needs to catch up to a car or something, and all of a sudden he starts running at speeds that put Usain Bolt to shame. That shit will definitely get noticed, let's be real.:mjlol

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
If he lives in Detroit, there's a solid chance someone's gonna shoot at his ass everyday. :russ

In all seriousness though, he wouldn't be able to hide forever. Unless he goes into hiding or some shit, he'll eventually end up in a situation where superhuman strength comes in handy, or hell, say he needs to catch up to a car or something, and all of a sudden he starts running at speeds that put Usain Bolt to shame. That shit will definitely get noticed, let's be real.:mjlol
yea running is definitely going to be noticed. :watchit

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
yea running is definitely going to be noticed. :watchit
I mean yeah. If the car is speeding up ahead of you, and then, even if just for a few seconds, you start running way faster than any human should be capable of to catch up to them, ain't nobody there who ain't gonna notice, in at least some capacity. :tupac

LeonLex

Paramount
I mean, being a saiyan isn't an incognito powerset. Even if you try to keep it low, it will still show.
And that's not even counting all the bullshit Ki manipulation can do.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
I mean, being a saiyan isn't an incognito powerset. Even if you try to keep it low, it will still show.
And that's not even counting all the bullshit Ki manipulation can do.
you can be a super saiyan with no ki manipulation like Goten.

:eksip

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
I was under the impression that you need some kind of Ki manipulation to become SSJ on command.
that was when using it for a long time probably like for days without turning it off, the one Goku and Gohan trained during cell Saga IIRC. Because randomly turning to supersaiyan was a thing as long as the condition is met which was shown with Vegeta as much as ki control he had he couldn't go SSJ.

:eksip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back