• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #37: WE ARE MIGHTY WARRIORS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
iu_1030844_9317134.webp

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
fake hype just for the episode they're hyping up to be filler for the real episode (1072) :tupac

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Watched the Gear 5 Luffy vs Kaido fight so far. I actually don’t like it much. I can always appreciate fluid animation but this animation is just too deranged and distracting for me to enjoy.

That entire segment of Kaido charging up his flame breath and I couldn’t even make out what was going on for a full minute. It’s giving me Anime 6 Tailed Naruto vs Pain flashbacks.

Hunter X Hunter fans in particular do not need to be salty over this. 2011 HxH animation puts this to shame.

:hestonpls

Last edited:

Lazywaka

Illustrious
Watched the Gear 5 Kaido vs Luffy fight so far. I actually don’t like it much. I can always appreciate fluid animation but this animation is just too deranged

That entire segment of Kaido charging up his flame breath and I couldn’t even make out what was going on for a full minute. It’s giving me Anime 6 Tailed Naruto vs Pain flashbacks.

That's what first came to my mind. Like that naruto episode it's trying to be a spectacle which I can honestly appreciate. While I think this is 100x better than that naruto episode I do have 3 main problems, one of which is actually shared with the Naruto ep

The first being the shared problem of being difficult to follow. While I do think the more deranged animation is far more fitting here it actually handles this worse. I had to rewind a couple times in the Naruto ep to piece together what happened, but here if I hadn't seen luffy reflect the blast already in the manga I would have no clue wtf happened no matter how many times I rewound it.

Second, as others have mentioned is the filler.

Third and finally is the sound effects. While I don't mind that it uses cartooney sound effects I wish it didn't assault my ears with them. It's less like the old cartoons it's trying to pay homage to and more akin to youtube videos that bombard the viewer with them to be as obnoxious as possible and it gets old fast.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
That's what first came to my mind. Like that naruto episode it's trying to be a spectacle which I can honestly appreciate. While I think this is 100x better than that naruto episode I do have 3 main problems, one of which is actually shared with the Naruto ep

The first being the shared problem of being difficult to follow. While I do think the more deranged animation is far more fitting here it actually handles this worse. I had to rewind a couple times in the Naruto ep to piece together what happened, but here if I hadn't seen luffy reflect the blast already in the manga I would have no clue wtf happened no matter how many times I rewound it.

Second, as others have mentioned is the filler.

Third and finally is the sound effects. While I don't mind that it uses cartooney sound effects I wish it didn't assault my ears with them. It's less like the old cartoons it's trying to pay homage to and more akin to youtube videos that bombard the viewer with them to be as obnoxious as possible and it gets old fast.
Ready for a hard pill swallow?

Boruto anime fights: Naruto and Sauce vs Momoshiki, Naruto and Sauce vs Jigen, Kawaki vs that fat cyborg ninja, and even Baryon Mode Naruto vs Isshiki > This so far.

Next episode better really fucking impress me to take it back.

:heston

Last edited:

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
it took 14 years for renji to finally get a truly hd episode dedicated to his gains, renji stans better be enjoy them cuz once the true rival appears, and you know it too, kubo gives too many extra canon scenes in the anime, you know how it gonna go when a certain scarred ssj blue haired lad appears

it took 14 years for renji to finally get a truly hd episode dedicated to his gains, renji stans better be enjoy them cuz once the true rival appears, and you know it too, kubo gives too many extra canon scenes in the anime, you know how it gonna go when a certain scarred ssj blue haired lad appears

The main thing I wonder is that they actually cut out parts for the Renji vs. Mask fight and I wonder if they replaced all of that with Mask's barrage containing all of the elements of his attacks in the Manga at Renji all at once?

Because that will hilariously make Renji more impressive... and more hilarious he will be forgotten afterwards.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
it took 14 years for renji to finally get a truly hd episode dedicated to his gains, renji stans better be enjoy them cuz
They're too busy complaining about the shikai section of the fight being off-screened (I mean it still happens as we cut back to Mask with his stomach cut), because he didn't get to bare-hand Mask on-screen and it somehow makes him less impressive. :maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back