• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #37: WE ARE MIGHTY WARRIORS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Man I'm just thinking how the writers are gonna put peter after rebooting him for the 12th time against fucking apparently Eldritch god-killing Venom.

How do they expect people to believe that shit?
Easy
Just have him never fight that version of venom again
His son is currently Venom while Eddie is just himself he doesnt have the Venom Symbiote anymore

El Hermano

Acclaimed
Should I just dive into the Invincible CB or are there supposed to be some great moments in season 2 that are worth the wait to experience for a first time on TV?

F3LlClUW0AE-11B.jpg

Okay Mahashi Kishimoto, are you trying to make a character from your series or a terrible attempt for a JoJo character?
You need to smack Ikemoto and actually make a decent looking post-TS version of Boruto here.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
His son is currently Venom while Eddie is just himself he doesnt have the Venom Symbiote anymore
Okay now that just creates a whole new problem.

why the fuck would we care about his son? Eddie Brock has his whole thing with him being a rival to peter parker in photography and spiderman with the symbiote. He has like actual reasons to be Spider-Man's villain and shit.

What connections and reasons does his son have to peter that makes him an actual villain to peter parker and spiderman, other than just being a replacement for venom.

Okay so for Smackdown, they don't go with the Jealousy angle we thought why Jimmy turned against Jey.
Apparently, Jimmy turned against Jey because he believed him becoming the Tribal Chief would corrupt him like it did Roman. Of course Jey isn't taking his shit at all, kicks him in the face and just leaves the WWE.

So I guess this is their way to actually have the Jimmy and Jey feud actually be able to cook further while Jimmy actually makes himself a Main Event star so their feud can truly start in earnest later on. I would say it's not bad at all but from what I'm looking at, Jimmy is back in The Bloodline but it also seems he isn't at the same time(Some are saying his reasons come off reading like it was in a script).

So I'll watch it myself either today or tomorrow in the morning and I'll come back with the rest of it. Of course, people making jokes about Jimmy Uso will appear in AEW soon.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Okay now that just creates a whole new problem.

why the fuck would we care about his son? Eddie Brock has his whole thing with him being a rival to peter parker in photography and spiderman with the symbiote. He has like actual reasons to be Spider-Man's villain and shit.

What connections and reasons does his son have to peter that makes him an actual villain to peter parker and spiderman, other than just being a replacement for venom.
They got over their beef a long time ago now with Eddie going full hero rather than antihero

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Okay so for Smackdown, they don't go with the Jealousy angle we thought why Jimmy turned against Jey.
Apparently, Jimmy turned against Jey because he believed him becoming the Tribal Chief would corrupt him like it did Roman. Of course Jey isn't taking his shit at all, kicks him in the face and just leaves the WWE.

So I guess this is their way to actually have the Jimmy and Jey feud actually be able to cook further while Jimmy actually makes himself a Main Event star so their feud can truly start in earnest later on. I would say it's not bad at all but from what I'm looking at, Jimmy is back in The Bloodline but it also seems he isn't at the same time(Some are saying his reasons come off reading like it was in a script).

So I'll watch it myself either today or tomorrow in the morning and I'll come back with the rest of it. Of course, people making jokes about Jimmy Uso will appear in AEW soon.
He ain't apart of the Bloodline from what I saw(decided to watch, just to see if they'd jump the shark anymore.) Jim told Roman to his face he didn't do it for him. He also kinda fumbled his promo hard in one place, though that can be excused as him being so desperate to explain to Jey why he did what he did, that he fumbled while talking.

I'm gonna be honest though, I have no interest in where this goes from here. Not really. It has to be said, that at least for me, this just feels like full-blown padding at this point, and not the cleverly disguised kind, but the blatant, in your face kind. Really just solidifies that the undisputed title should've been off Roman by now, as legitimately no part of the storyline post-Wrestemania has required it to still be around Reigns' waist at all.

He ain't apart of the Bloodline from what I saw(decided to watch, just to see if they'd jump the shark anymore.) Jim told Roman to his face he didn't do it for him. He also kinda fumbled his promo hard in one place, though that can be excused as him being so desperate to explain to Jey why he did what he did, that he fumbled while talking.

I'm gonna be honest though, I have no interest in where this goes from here. Not really. It has to be said, that at least for me, this just feels like full-blown padding at this point, and not the cleverly disguised kind, but the blatant, in your face kind. Really just solidifies that the undisputed title should've been off Roman by now, as legitimately no part of the storyline post-Wrestemania has required it to still be around Reigns' waist at all.

Honestly, I never disagreed that he should have lost the title to Cody Rhodes and the only reason it's still on him is due to really wanting Roman to be the 2nd longest reigning Champion which feels kinda ridiculous considering they still count reigns that have held the belt multiple times in a row.

So unless this means Roman ultimately chooses to never become Champion after this(Which I think is a monumentally stupid move considering how wrestlers not from AEW these days can easily wrestle in their 40's as long as they aren't stupid), I don't really understand it either. I'm honestly fine with the story for the Usos to become Main Eventers and Solo to be his own guy so that's it. Roman is still entertaining and the fans still eat this shit up so what do I know?

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Honestly, I never disagreed that he should have lost the title to Cody Rhodes and the only reason it's still on him is due to really wanting Roman to be the 2nd longest reigning Champion which feels kinda ridiculous considering they still count reigns that have held the belt multiple times in a row.

So unless this means Roman ultimately chooses to never become Champion after this(Which I think is a monumentally stupid move considering how wrestlers not from AEW these days can easily wrestle in their 40's as long as they aren't stupid), I don't really understand it either. I'm honestly fine with the story for the Usos to become Main Eventers and Solo to be his own guy so that's it. Roman is still entertaining and the fans still eat this shit up so what do I know?
Bruh, do you know how long the 2nd longest WWE title reign is? Roman would have to hold the championship for close to 2200 days in order to surpass that. Shit, he ain't even halfway there yet! Looks like Paul Heyman wasn't kidding when he said we're just in the 3rd inning, and are approaching the 4th. :jordangif

In all seriousness though, as for the crowd being receptive, you'll have to see if that continues. The SummerSlam crowd by the end of the main event looked fatigued with this storyline, seeing yet another title defense end in the same manner, same old shit, whereas Smackdown's audience seemed more okay with what was going on. Only time will tell if there'll be any steam left for the Bloodline story, by the time we reach Survivor Series.

Just my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back