• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #38: Let The Good Times Roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Subaru actually gets better, and his crappy behavior isn't depicted as a good thing.

Can't say the same for Rudeus though.
It's the same thing. His crap behavior even the people around him find it crap and he actually gets better but when the god of the world interferes in your character development shit happens.

:eksip they learned that one of the friend of his dad or something is literally the last agent of their god and they only learned about it because dude died once in another timeline.

Also it's fucking wild how people will shit on Rudeus but will go to hell and back for Melodious.

The fucked up part about it is that Rudeus's worst elements are never applauded and he's treated and seen as an absolute bastard for when he does slip or you uncover shit from his past life. The author explicitly has it be Rudeus being a hero as much as he's trying to develop being a better person despite God literally fucking him over more than once.

Meliodas is treated like a hero despite doing some really messed up shit and having King Arthur as his bottom bitch(No, I will never let that go Nakaba) and being an enormous Gary Stu.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
well, "good" is an understatement

shit is downright enchanting at times

also a lot of this shit probably wouldn't be emphasize in the anime so anime might get a different message across vs the web/light novel.

:eksip

Yeah because they still have to sell you on him so they most likely cleaned away his absolute worst aspects(though again, he did have a pretty shit life before he died) and still had some good in him as well.
So it's basically "He's still has some real demons in his closet but they won't be as bad and will be more digestible to the audience" deal.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Also anime news network is probably the last place you want your anime news to come from sometimes even twitter has better take than them.

:eksip that's how fucking far it fell off.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
It'd be really good, PROVIDED the Filler arcs remain and get the same treatment. You can't really ditch most of your best content and expect the end result to not suffer for it, they are part of the reason the Bleach anime in particular was so good.

Besides the Bount Arc is honestly the arc that would benefit the most from it, given its biggest issues are a slow pace, it dragging due to being longer than it needed to be, and lackluster animation at times (especially earlier in the arc). The Anime TYBW treatment would work wonders for it.

If you ditch the filler arcs, then miss me with that shit. :maybe

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
It'd be really good, PROVIDED the Filler arcs remain and get the same treatment. You can't really ditch most of your best content and expect the end result to not suffer for it, they are part of the reason the Bleach anime in particular was so good.

Besides the Bount Arc is honestly the arc that would benefit the most from it, given its biggest issues are a slow pace, it dragging due to being longer than it needed to be, and lackluster animation at times (especially earlier in the arc). The Anime TYBW treatment would work wonders for it.

If you ditch the filler arcs, then miss me with that shit. :maybe
I wouldn't want the 3d technology to be used but thats my personal bias against it

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
F0mSRKGaAAAWmUf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back