• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #38: Let The Good Times Roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
One last thing about the episode?
I LOVE how they confirmed Ichigo's truly stronger than they thought... after he fucking elbows Candice into a building... while she was in Volstandigt! Elbow from a completely indifferent Ichigo > Volstandigt Quincies.
Nigga got bullshit gains and now, so did Uryu, Orihime and fucking Chad now!
Fucking bruh :jordangif :heston
Amping themselves with Sklaverei ON TOP of Vollstanding and they still couldn't do jack shit to him. :heston

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
The only one who got anything remotely close to being relevant during screen time was erza and they got just as many fanservice scenes to go with said screen time :kobeha

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Man is huffing pure copium. After a certain point, the writing was so bad with them, and everything else, given Mashima didn't give a damn, that the fanservice was unironically the only highlight for the female cast. And that just says it all.:heston
Without fanservice FT wouldn've been axed :skully

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
The only one who got anything remotely close to being relevant during screen time was erza and they got just as many fanservice scenes to go with said screen time :kobeha
She also got some of the most BS writing scenes in the whole series.

Every bone in her body being broken, yet she still launches herself off the ground to shatter a huge ass meteor with her sword, which she shouldn't even be able to wield at that point, anybody? :mjlol

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Without fanservice FT wouldn've been axed :skully
I wouldn't go that far, but it sure as shit would've lost substantial viewership from the crowd that'd be deprived of the 'action' that FT's female cast could give, like the so-called lead, in Lucy.:maury

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
the_saiyan_and_the_dragon__3__by_punkerlazar_dg6xjw8-pre.jpg

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
I forgot she was the main character past the first season tbh. Natsu replaces her very quickly in the story.
That's kinda the point, it was setup to be from her POV in the beginning, and then she just gets hard-shafted for a long time into the fanservice role, and just being a cheerleader. Then when she does get to do protag shit, it always comes alongside the fanservice from before, because by that point, it was what mostly kept people 'interested' in her.

And by 'people', I mean horny teen boys. :kobeha

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
also, watched the baki and yujiro animated fight

as trash as yujiro, this fight between them, all those episodes had some truly hd animation, arguably best fight of 2023 for anime levels, also gonna be added to hof levels, cuz of that kino ost too

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
also, watched the baki and yujiro animated fight

as trash as yujiro, this fight between them, all those episodes had some truly hd animation, arguably best fight of 2023 for anime levels, also gonna be added to hof levels, cuz of that kino ost too
Best part of that fight, for me, outside of when Yujiro's pops showed up to roast his ass, which feels even more poignant, after the more recent material with Yujiro, was around the end, when Baki's spirit refused to quit, even when his body basically had, and the nigga started trying to throw hands with Yujiro as a fucking ghost. The way the anime had the music hit for that sequence, along with Yujiro's stunned expression at first, as even he couldn't believe what the hell he was witnessing, was chef's kiss.:lit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back