• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #38: Let The Good Times Roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
unUu2NU.gif
The character. Not the arc. Which ended pretty abruptly, and in a way that was absolutely retarded.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
I miss this series. :eksip

Haven't seen this in a long while Did it end?

manga is still on ''hiatus'' with hoshino releasing when she can, mean, literally doesnt have an official schedule, one chapter can be out in 5 months, the other one year later, for example, chap 248 was released, one month ago, and the previous one was released 4-5 months ago, overall, hope she becomes better, and overcomes whatever problems she has in her life, at all aspects

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Is the artist bitching about it or is the other dude bitching about it.

:eksip It's really going to be a different meaning depends on who bitching about it.
The other dude made an ass of himself for not looking up who the artist was in that thread, but the artist themselves showed they lack any self-awareness with their post about AI.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
It's so cute to see the Beach manga try-hards look for excuses to shit on the anime. :mjpls
That’s why I lowkey get annoyed when ppl tell me the anime is fixing the problems of the manga when in fact it’s not and it’s actually making them worse except for a few scenes
It's not fixing all the problems but pretty much every change or addition they've made has been for the better.
Not a single thing has been made worse.
Not to mention the pacing is awful, like when I heard the entire tybw arc was getting adapted in 54 episodes I knew this was going to be a problem, especially since I heard this cour is supposed to end on Ichibei vs Yhwach…
Newsflash, the pacing in the manga was FUCKING AWFUL!
Except it was worse, because it was glacially slow and would have basically been completely unwatchable if they adapted it as is.

The faster pacing has done nothing but help the series, even Kenpachi vs Gremmy was better for it, but nah because they didn't adapt EVERY SCENE from the manga, it's somehow a problem? :kobeha

LeonLex

Paramount
The anime is the best thing to happen to Bleach in the last decade yet people still find the most retarded shit to bitch about.
Are people expecting Kubo to rewrite the whole arc?

Who cares about BG9 anyway?
Sui-Feng's Shiaki is apparently a two tap insta kill, that shit didn't get explained either.
Where's Aizen's Bankai at?

This reminds me of Shaman King and how the anime only stuff was better than the shit that happened in the actual manga.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The anime is the best thing to happen to Bleach in the last decade yet people still find the most retarded shit to bitch about.
Are people expecting Kubo to rewrite the whole arc?
Well no, these people's issue is that want him to ADAPT the whole arc, they didn't want anything removed. :kobeha
Who cares about BG9 anyway?
Nobody cares about him specifically, we just want confirmation of what his fucking schrift is and how it works, which I do think there was no excuse for them not revealing it.
Sui-Feng's Shiaki is apparently a two tap insta kill, that shit didn't get explained either.
Not the same situation, we know what Soi Fon's ability is and how it works.
We literally don't know what BG9 or Robert's powers even are, so I can understand the frustration there.
Where's Aizen's Bankai at?
That will almost certainly be revealed by the end, or I'd be surprised if it wasn't given Aizen is one of Kubo's favorite characters.
This reminds me of Shaman King and how the anime only stuff was better than the shit that happened in the actual manga.
You're taking about the original classic anime right? Not the shitty remake?

LeonLex

Paramount
Well no, these people's issue is that want him to ADAPT the whole arc, they didn't want anything removed. :kobeha
That's stupid. The anime is superior.
The majority of anime don't copy the manga arcs 1 to 1.
Why weren't people salty when Ichigo's interactions with Orihime were changed/cut?
You're taking about the original classic anime right? Not the shitty remake?
Yeah. The classic anime had a different story + ending. Which was better than what the remake had.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
That's stupid. The anime is superior.
No argument here.
The majority of anime don't copy the manga arcs 1 to 1
True of basically any adaptation from page to screen, some things just don't work as well in motion and have to be cut for pacing reasons.

Though obviously some adaptations are just crap due to changing too much (Percy Jackson films, Resident Evil/most video game movies etc), Beach has never been one of them. The anime has always been the superior version to anyone who wasn't a manga only elitist or sucking Kubo's dick too hard to accept any changes or filler arcs better than most of the manga.

TYBW is just the Beach anime doing what it's always done, being the superior version. :maybe
Why weren't people salty when Ichigo's interactions with Orihime were changed/cut?
I assure you people do, particularly Orihime/Ichihime fans, it's just most people don't care enough about Orihime to complain about that.
Yeah. The classic anime had a different story + ending. Which was better than what the remake had.
I can see the argument for the manga ending and why some do like it (assuming the remake went with it, I stopped watching after a few episodes), though I can also see why people wouldn't like the villain getting talk no jutsu'ed to end the series.

It's a damn sight better than random plot arrow (which NEEDS to be foreshadowed in the anime) not existing until it needed to. :scust

But yeah OG Shaman King anime is way better than the remake, shit it even looks better in the places (eg Amidamaru's introduction). :awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back