• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #39: never give up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep, Story Mode is complete garbage as I knew and expected...

Ermac is King Jerrod and gets turned back to Jerrod after one fight and then Mileena and everyone else just accepts it without question and they brush past it.

The worst part was that they was sitting on this for multiple games... and this was the payoff they gave it...
Seriously, what the fuck is even the point?

Okay @Adamant soul
Netherrealm did ONE good thing right: Kronika is actually dead dead, who was Kronika then?

Aftermath Bad Ending Shang Tsung... because like I said before, no one's ever really gone...
Like it makes sense... sorta but it honestly further tells you what the fuck is going on with the Multiverse of MK?!

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@Astaro

I’m most excited for the freaking Skull Guardian support.

This and Hungry Burger. Wonder what the next obscure old school Ritual Monster will be that gets new support + a possible retrain? Hoping it’s Crab Turtle

Yeah, I read that article and it's honestly 500% hot garbage and the typical counter of "Current Day is Bad" with the completely opposite "Change is Bad"

This article is honestly so biased as fuck, it makes me wonder if these dumbasses ever realized that the most beloved Power Ranger seasons was when it WASN'T 100% following the Sentai Footage and did it's own storyline with it's own characters?
That Power Rangers as a whole IS American Tokutatsu? That the various PR movies is also that attempt and even molding their own style(did people forget the first PR Movie outfits was NOT spandex?)? That the Once A Ranger Movie is 100% Pure American Made?

Like he tries real hard to go on this gotcha that the Executive is being evil and "should be fired" when none of it comes off like something he IS going to do and he very clearly comes off as someone who knows that at the end of the day, Power Rangers is too shackled by the Sentai Footage to ultimately be it's own thing. It's also something to note that Japanese fans tend to like Power Rangers too on many accounts and already see it as it's own thing divorced from Super Sentai... but the opposite will tank Power Rangers hardcore(i.e. bringing in Super Sentai entirely and keeping it subbed because "that's what people really want" no really)

Seriously, have I mentioned how much I despise Weaboos and Sub Purists yet? I don't think I have yet because I fucking despise them.
Remember kids, Counter-Culture in moderation.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
This article is honestly so biased as fuck, it makes me wonder if these dumbasses ever realized that the most beloved Power Ranger seasons was when it WASN'T 100% following the Sentai Footage and did it's own storyline with it's own characters?
100% agreed.

Good example is Power Rangers RPM which is widely praised, but was anything but a faithful adaptation of its source material. The Sentai it's based on is a PARODY, while RPM is one of the darker Power Rangers storylines AFAIK.

People also love the Battalizers which, I believe were a Power Rangers original idea that then ended up being used in Super Sentai because they've both become so big that they influence each other.

Point being that guy is full of shit.

LeonLex

Paramount
RPM was peak because IIRC RPM was supposed to be the last one.
The people involved decided to make a post apocalyptic series. And it worked, even if it was darker.
Doctor K was better than she had any right to be.

Then Beast Morphers came along. That was a bad one, really bad.

It doesn't matter if Power Rangers copies Super Sentai 1 to 1 or changes things, as long as makes something good.
And, let's be fair, PR is always gonna have to be changed to appeal to the non-Japanese audience.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
F5xOtsnXIAA32_C.jpg

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
The people involved decided to make a post apocalyptic series. And it worked, even if it was darker.

It doesn't matter if Power Rangers copies Super Sentai 1 to 1 or changes things, as long as makes something good.
And, let's be fair, PR is always gonna have to be changed to appeal to the non-Japanese audience.
PR should really have use sentai as something like a recognition (Like this is Super Sentai but it really isn't kind of recognition). Rather than following the actual story line from Super Sentai.

We already got subbed if you want that regurgitate story.

:kannasip The appeal of PR is not a rewatch of sentai but a new experience that's why it's successful.

Like you have 2 of almost the same ranger but they have different story also when they decide to make both appear at the same time it would be a far more convincing Multiverse.

To be fair, it was the same with Wild Force, it's not really anything new to be fair it just reinforces the point that the best PR seasons is when it deviates greatly from Super Sentai.

To be fair, I haven't seen Beast Morphers but I heard it's ultimately an OK end to RPM's cliffhanger.

That is true but at the same time, staying 1:1 with Super Sentai also muddies it real bad, especially when MMPR was changed from the start and had additional changes since that makes sticking with it Super Sentai 100%... odd.
Like the Morphing Grid alone basically makes sticking with Super Sentai weird as outside of crossovers, they never acknowledge each others existences outside of Goseinger which is meant to be THE Anniversary of Super Sentai, meanwhile all PR series is now connected to the Morphing Grid meaning we are dealing with not only continuations but Multiverses(As Beast Morphers and then Dino Fury confirms they are in different Universes entirely)

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
I'd be fine with power rangers splitting off from Super Sentai, (ie, creating entirely new suits and stuff) if they keep to what power rangers is meant to be... But that stuff about getting rid of the tokusatsu goes against it, cause tokusatsu is a part of PR, there's no way to cut it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back