• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #39: never give up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
the price for power, according to gege, in gojo's case, was literally delusion, literally nonexistent loneliness, he was top tier, he had peeps who cared about him, and in the end, he chose to talk with geto, geto, the gai who gave him the biggest backstab, and admiring sukuna for his power, cuz it reminded of him, sukuna, the big evil monster of the series

in other words, in this flashy illusion of a chap, gojo admits, he cares only for himself and pmuch, sides with the evil side, his mouth didnt say it, but his wording, gave that impression, just fine

pathetic, he was such a cool dude, and eventually, cuz gege's trashing, he became the biggest fraud of the past years in shonen series, just smh

the price for power, according to gege, in gojo's case, was literally delusion, literally nonexistent loneliness, he was top tier, he had peeps who cared about him, and in the end, he chose to talk with geto, geto, the gai who gave him the biggest backstab, and admiring sukuna for his power, cuz it reminded of him, sukuna, the big evil monster of the series

in other words, in this flashy illusion of a chap, gojo admits, he cares only for himself and pmuch, sides with the evil side, his mouth didnt say it, but his wording, gave that impression, just fine

pathetic, he was such a cool dude, and eventually, cuz gege's trashing, he became the biggest fraud of the past years in shonen series, just smh

Yeah, THAT'S what actually pisses me off the most. It's like having Yamamoto lose to Yhwach but we see his dying thoughts and he confirms Yhwach is right and he died being a disgrace compared to his former self.
Fucking imagine doing something so absolutely fucking heinous because you couldn't keep your hate boner in your pants...

And the worst part is that there are Gojo fans WHO DEFEND THIS BULLSHIT! Why the fuck am I more mad over how they treated Gojo than they are?! I guess it's because Kaiji Tang, the fucking GOAT, voices his dubbed self but that's just fucking raw Gege and you should be fucking ashamed.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
kaiji is a good archer and ichiban, but as gojo, is sadly a double edged sword, to the stans, he gonna be a hero

to the actual fans who know how the story looks, and how it is presented, its actual motives, gojo will be treated as a fraud, a delusional madman

Yeah and that what fucks me up too because Gojo actually is a great Mentor character and ultimately a great deconstruction of being the strongest in the world, the superman character in genuinely showing how full of themselves they are, how their allies don't like them but at the same time showing how no matter how strong they are, they aren't God and he genuinely had well-wishes and wanted to change the corrupt system with the youth.

If anything, keeping Gojo sealed and having him stay forever sealed is a better ending than this garbage.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
thankfully, i dont stan chars, i just like chars

i still think gojo is cool, but i will only remember him for his early cool moments (pre-meguna fight), sukuna has his moments obv, and is pmuch an evil and edgy grimmjow clone, but, this is the part where even kubo, one of the two gais, gege admires, the other is togashi

even kubo knew how to handle this situations better, cuz he knows the marketing game, better

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Man this chapter found a way to disappoint me even more...

Not even talking about the whole love shit.

0236-005.png

But it's still trash

But like apparently Gojo is isolated and lonely...

0236-004.png

What :dafuq ?

Bro, you have Shoko, you have Gakuganji, utahime, your students, hell fucking ijichi. What the hell are you talking bout being "lonely".

Like he literally just trashed his relationships to all of his friends except Geto with this line comparing them to flowers.

Telling Megumi about Toji?

0236-003.png

Apparently he doesn't care enough to tell him himself.

0236-007.png

So Gojo's motivation to being a jujutsu sorcerer is simply for the kick of it? What was the Hidden Inventory arc about then?

Like this chapter makes Gojo go from someone who was hailed as the strongest, got humbled, realized that the Jujutsu system was shit but couldn't be changed by destroying everything so instead using his power to protect and raise the new gen to be better then him.

To

A psychopathic idiot who had a lot of power, didn't care about anything but himself, Geto and Sukuna, and only kept being a jujutsu sorcerer for the high, nothing else...

Wtf.
That's honestly pretty in line with a guy that had his moral compass dictated by his best friend. What if Geto had said "fuck it, murder these people" instead of insisting a sorcerer should have a reason to kill?

Gojo was humbled, but I never got the impression he was a good person doing any of the shit he was doing. Not a bad person either, just incredibly self-indulgent in a manner that might benefit others eventually if they don't end up traumatized.

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
The whole internal dialogue bullshit just seemed Gege giving voice to his hate boner in wanting to make Gojo look as pathetic as possible and to tell viewers " he is a garbage person, hate him"

I like to keep in my mind the non-butchered and the butchered version of characters, Gojo is one of them since i liked his character before this

Like look at this shit, look at how many people defend Gege because "Well Gege stated this" as if we long don't know that Gege is hilariously biased against Gojo.

Why the fuck would I believe anything he stated vs. what he wrote?

Fuck off, he made a perfectly good mentor and then killed him off and reduced him to being a bitch and annihilated his character arc, fuck right off with this bullshit like Gojo was always meant to be hated by everyone else.

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
That's honestly pretty in line with a guy that had his moral compass dictated by his best friend. What if Geto had said "fuck it, murder these people" instead of insisting a sorcerer should have a reason to kill?

Gojo was humbled, but I never got the impression he was a good person doing any of the shit he was doing.
I never saw him as someone good but he seemed to at least really care for the people near him

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
from the first moment, in the early chaps, he said, dont worry, i am the strongest

i always had a feeling, it wasnt true, something fishy and wrong was going on with this gai, so much overconfidence? and its not like the one vegeta has, or the others we know, it felt try hard, forced, you get the meaning

Like I get what Chaos is saying but what we got from there vs. what we got everywhere else doesn't work.
As I stated before, Satoru Gojo was a cocky piece of shit who had a different worldview than everyone else and yes, he was swayed by Geto's words but it's still missing the fact that only happened due to the girl they was protecting freaking died and the result shattered him beyond belief.

It actually makes it better that he kept along with Geto's word for so long to the point of ultimately wanting to change things around and realize that he wouldn't be around forever and people would be too reliant on him. It legit doesn't really match up anymore to what we get in the Afterlife scene. Like Yusuke is an asshole but it doesn't make him doing the right thing anymore just random.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
I never saw him as someone good but he seemed to at least really care for the people near him
If that was genuinely the afterlife, I can't imagine any of them would have been talking with him if they believed he didn't personally care about them.

Not caring about people in general is not the same as those you have personal investment in. It's all simplified and reductionist to boil his motives down to a sentence or 2 anyway though. It's really not that deep.

Also would kind of further feed into the whole "loneliness" and "lack of understanding" that those close to him even tried, albeit as a good natured bit of teasing and shit.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Honest to god, Gege's assassination of Satoru Gojo to prop up Sukuna's pathetic ass is the absolute worst level of character assassination I have ever seen.
And we have seen some genuine doozies... not even how the author didn't know when to stop with Yujirou Hanma wasn't as bad. Not even Madara's pathetic ass backstory and characterization wasn't as bad.
Like holy shit, can someone think of some worse examples than this?
I’d say chapter 139 Eren Jeager still tops this. For not just assassinating the character, but basically the whole series in one fell swoop.

And if nothing else, at least just for Gojo not killing his own mum cuz reasons

:heston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back