• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #39: never give up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
anyway my final thoughts on this whole thing. Gege fucked up and ruined his best chars while the best arc of series is airing.

And

What happened to Megumi is sad.

Gojo really just took Kashimo's advice mid-fight and completely forgot about him after turning him into Jujutsu high's first special needs student.

Gojo in the afterlife or whatever, only thought about Megumi is realizing he never told him about his dad and then just saying whatever and talking about sympathizing with the monster that took his body and killed his sister.

He doesn't have any other words or anything for him despite the entire point of this fight was to free him.

Megumi was Gojo's longest student and he was his guardian and apparently he has no words for him? He doesn't try to talk to Megumi even while dying? Talk about shitty, forget Yuji if Megumi ever gets his body back, he's prob spitting on Gojo's grave first for betraying him like that.

HDW said:
Yuji watching his role model meat ride his biggest opp in the after life:

3a1e073684a2af55c9b114815e3d4300c2ab27d25c9db1042d23a36611828d96_1.jpg

I don't know what he was cooking with that afterlife section but he needs to get out of the kitchen

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
nigs say yuji suffers and all, ok, he suffers, but now, megumi about to get a bigger slap, for no reason actually

imagine, getting forgotten and tossed away like trash, not even worthy of being in gojos memories, in a way, and, the crazier part?

all

of this, going on, while sukuna controls megumi's body

megumi gonna get a whole new level of ptsd, and who is the reason? his fav sensei, sad

gege, u truly insane, u ruined a fan fav char like gojo, and cuz u mad at him for again, no reason (nig u literally made him like that, lmao), u had the plan to end his career, at all aspects, by twisting his ideal and whatever char traits he had, in one chap

gojo becoming a sukuna fanboi, and chatting again with his former best friend and the biggest traitor in the series, like nothing happened, pathetic

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
Got SRW 30 anyone played it before?
You guys have any recommendation on how to upgrade and which robo is good to use?

:pepesip

Getters Mazingers post upgrade MC mech (you pretty much have to use them) Gridman J-Der/GaoGaiGars/Bettermen and Lancelot Sin

Romance Robo Duo (if you get them) while not top tier in anything are basically generalists who can do everything well enough

for supports the gekkou and sang yung (mostly as a debuffer) are both good along with purple-2 if you don't have or want to use either

gege, u truly insane, u ruined a fan fav char like gojo, and cuz u mad at him for again, no reason (nig u literally made him like that, lmao), u had the plan to end his career, at all aspects, by twisting his ideal and whatever char traits he had, in one chap

That still gets me even now:
You made the fucking character, why do you hate what you made?! Now yes, there are other authors who hate the characters they make but usually it's either:

A) They hate the base they created them on(Like Akira Toriyama hated how he created Chi-Chi as an adult)
B) They end up resenting and hating the missed opportunities the base of the character stopped them from doing
C) They realize they made a one note character and/or hate the design they made(Like Zorin Blitz from Hellsing)

Atleast in those examples, the author tends to either reel the hatred back(Like AT ultimately did with Chi-Chi after the Cell Saga), quickly gets rid of the character(Like Zorin Blitz) or either try and redefine the character.
The fact he hated Gojo from day one honestly speaks a hell of alot more of Gege's biggest issue than anything else even compared to these examples.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
There's a meme going around where places in anime and manga where mass death happens have kingambits show up and its hilarious.

One of them was Kingambit showing up when SS gets invaded and jts just him standing in front of yhwach with the text: "Kingambit has gained power from the fallen"

:hestonpls

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
nigs say yuji suffers and all, ok, he suffers, but now, megumi about to get a bigger slap, for no reason actually

imagine, getting forgotten and tossed away like trash, not even worthy of being in gojos memories, in a way, and, the crazier part?

all

of this, going on, while sukuna controls megumi's body

megumi gonna get a whole new level of ptsd, and who is the reason? his fav sensei, sad

gojo becoming a sukuna fanboi, and chatting again with his former best friend and the biggest traitor in the series, like nothing happened, pathetic
Gege tried to hype Sukuna as so much stronger but he twisted and messed him too, for whatever reason sukuna that never bothered with people actually will "remember" Gojo despite not even being able to make him go all out and got in a good mood, that nigga should be in bad mood instead for that fraud being the strongest of his time :skully

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
I know I said before that I wasn't gonna post anymore about the jjk chapter but...

this is just so dumb

people are really trying to bend over backwards and say that Gojo's character was always like this.

-Gege had a chapter extra where adult Gojo says that he still thinks saving people is a hassle.

Saying its a hassle doesn't mean that gojo doesn't care. He apologized for being unable to save everyone at bf5, he made sure to limit his power to keep them alive despite the fact that it would've easier if he didn't. After being unsealed he even wanted to know if the people from bf5 were safe.

Those aren't the actions of someone who doesn't care for the weak.

-Gojo's actual reason for fighting was simply for the kicks, everything else is simply a mask for that.

That is just, so fucking bad.
It devalues his earlier sentiments in the series. The reason why he even decided to take in Megumi, Yuta and Yuji. He took in Megumi and his sister because he respected Toji, he saved Yuta and Yuji because he didn't want the kids to die for a reason out of their control. He even wanted to kill the higher-ups because of Yuji's death.

It also utterly destroys the hidden inventory arc, even his reaction to geto's betrayal doesn't really make sense if this was the case.

I don't even know why they want this from a character-writing standpoint, even if you don't like Gojo what's the point of making him out to be this guy who is just as bad as sukuna and doesn't care about anything?

The evidence there using is also shit. There trying to say that Gojo not having a reaction to Riko's death shows that he doesn't actually care but

Bruh, he was literally high, it is very clear that Gojo isn't in his right mind at that moment and afterwards he even wants to take revenge for Riko even still in that state. Saying that he didn't care for Riko when her death would become one of the tragedies that would make Gojo decide to fix the system is beyond simply having bad reading comprehension.

-And there trying to use Nanami comparing Mahito and Gojo as evidence that Gojo is actually superficial. Which just again, what?

Nanami's statement was more about how they are in terms of morality, Gojo doesn't care or have remorse to his enemies, killing them all with a smile on his face, similar to Mahito who doesn't care about the pain he causes either.

And then there's the whole Gojo is lonely cause he's strong...

Like okay, I can get that Gojo could feel isolated from others even his friends due to his strength, which only Geto could understand. However, understanding =/ sympathizing.

Gojo in the beginning of this fight started it by saying he was gonna save megumi and return all the pain he's caused to others, even wanting to crush his body for hurting his students.

But ended forgetting about megumi and sympathizing with the monster...

there's nothing wrong with understanding sukuna and wanting a good fight with him but that shit just makes gojo so callous, cause he's pmuch saying he doesn't really care about his students.

Like Gojo ain't a saint, obv, hell in the newest s2 ep he even almost let Jogo burn a bunch of people to take the time to crush hanami and rip his arm off when he could've gone for the head.

He very much seems to lose perspective on what matters when he starts fighting.

However, that isn't all to what Gojo is. and these guys are trying to make gojo look like a superficial loon whose goals never actually existed and the funny part is that they think that this adds "depth" to him.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Just to make it worse. The first thing Gojo wants to do after getting freed?

He wanted to kill Kenjaku and mourn Geto... He never really cared for proving he was the strongest, but taking out someone who hurt the people he cared about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back