• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #39: never give up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unraveling Realities: Koudelka's Enigma

Chapter 1: The Enigmatic Arrival

The stillness of Kamar-Taj's courtyard was disrupted by an unexpected portal. Instead of the customary blue spirals of the sling ring, this gateway glowed with an enigmatic obsidian hue, bordered by verdant green.

Koudelka Iasant emerged, her brown locks cascading behind her. Her gaze, calculating yet curious, darted across the courtyard, briefly settling on the practicing sorcerers. From her neck hung a pendant, its presence more protective than predatory.

Wong, ever watchful, approached with a mix of curiosity and caution. "This is not a portal we recognize. Who are you?"

Koudelka's response was laced with a hint of playful arrogance. "There's much you don't know, Sorcerer."

Doctor Strange, attracted by the peculiar energy, joined the duo. His trained eyes caught the pendant around her neck. "That's not a weapon, is it?"

Koudelka chuckled, "It isn’t meant to be. It's more of a shield. But don't be mistaken; my powers are innate, not bestowed by this relic."

Strange's eyebrows furrowed. "Your purpose here?"

With a tinge of sympathy in her gaze, a product of her psychic abilities, Koudelka responded, "Your multiversal antics echo through realms and realities. Not only your universes are at risk."

From the distance, Wanda's anguished voice cut through. "My children... I have to find them."

Koudelka sighed. "The nexus. Her grief reverberates louder than her powers."

Wong nodded gravely. "Wanda Maximoff's despair is ripping through the very fabric of our multiverse."

Doctor Strange, rubbing his temples, conceded, "Her power, driven by her pain, threatens to unleash chaos."

With a confident smirk, Koudelka declared, "You could use assistance from someone attuned to such energies, familiar with combating darkness, and shielded by an ancient charm."

Both Strange and Wong realized that Koudelka's unexpected presence could be the catalyst needed to navigate the impending chaos and guide Wanda back from the brink.

Title: Crash Bandicoot and the Great Tomb of Nazarick

The dimensional rifts of "It's About Time" caused unexpected side effects, pulling Crash and Aku Aku into a new world entirely: the world of Overlord. They found themselves at the entrance of a vast and imposing tomb — The Great Tomb of Nazarick.

Aku Aku, sensing the power and darkness emanating from the tomb, warned Crash, "This is no ordinary place, Crash. It's full of powerful beings. We must be careful."

Crash, spinning and flexing his muscles, seemed undeterred.

Inside, Albedo, the Overseer of the Guardians, spotted them immediately. "Intruders!" she shouted, summoning the rest of the Guardians.

Crash and Aku Aku faced off against the guardians one by one. With each encounter, Crash's agility, speed, and the various power-ups he had acquired throughout his adventures gave him an edge. From the time-twisting abilities of "It's About Time" to the unstoppable momentum of "N-tranced", Crash surprised everyone in the Tomb with his resilience and power.

Demiurge, the Commander of the Defense, tried trapping Crash in a strategic web of deception, but Aku Aku's guidance and wisdom always found a way out. Aura and Mare’s nature-based magic was dodged and redirected with Crash's incredible speed.

Shalltear Bloodfallen, a true powerhouse, confronted the duo in her deadly vampire form. As they clashed, Crash's spin tore through her summoned minions, while Aku Aku's magic shielded Crash from her most powerful attacks. The battle was intense, but using the power-ups from "N-tranced", Crash managed to outpace Shalltear and disarm her.

As they delved deeper into the tomb, Crash and Aku Aku encountered Momonga, the Supreme Being and master of the tomb. Intrigued by their unexpected strength and not wishing to underestimate them, Momonga stepped onto the battlefield personally.

Momonga, with his skeletal form and piercing red eyes, gazed at Crash and said, "Impressive. But this is where your journey ends."

A fierce battle ensued. While Momonga had vast magical abilities, Crash's unpredictable movements, combined with Aku Aku's protective and offensive magic, created a formidable force. Momonga soon realized that direct combat was not the solution. Instead, he attempted to use his strategic intellect and world items.

However, the bond between Crash and Aku Aku was unbreakable. As the battle raged, Crash's determination to protect his home and friends fueled his strength. With one final, time-distorted spin, he landed a hit on Momonga, catching him off guard.

Stunned, Momonga fell back, defeated.

Crash and Aku Aku stood victorious amidst the once intimidating Great Tomb of Nazarick. Momonga, in a show of respect, acknowledged their strength. "I underestimated you, marsupial. But know this, the next time our paths cross, it will not end the same way."

With a nod, Crash and Aku Aku left the tomb, hoping to find a rift that would lead them back to their world.

As they departed, the inhabitants of Nazarick began rebuilding, always remembering the day when a bandicoot and his mask defied all odds.

Title: Crash Bandicoot and the Return to Nazarick

Rifts in the fabric of reality can be unpredictable. A subtle twist and Crash found himself, once again, staring at the imposing entrance of the Great Tomb of Nazarick. Beside him floated Aku Aku, his wooden mask glowing softly.

"This place again?" Aku Aku mused. "We must be wary, Crash. They will be prepared for us this time."

Inside, the Guardians of Nazarick had been working tirelessly to fortify their defenses. Momonga, having learnt from their previous encounter, had crafted new strategies to challenge Crash's vast array of powers and abilities.

Albedo, with her newly strengthened armor, was the first to confront them. Using her shield, she attempted to deflect Crash's spin attack. But Crash, with his mastery over rotational energy manipulation, managed to break through her defense, sending her off balance.

Demiurge unleashed his strategic web, but Crash's resistance to mind control and Aku Aku's guidance enabled him to navigate the web, swiftly incapacitating Demiurge with a precisely timed body slam.

Crash then used his Fruit Bazooka, creating plant artillery to hold off the wave of minions Shalltear Bloodfallen summoned. His missile generation power made short work of Cocytus's ice warriors. And when Sebas Tian attempted to land a blow, Crash's time stopping ability froze him in place.

As they moved further into the tomb, they encountered Aura and Mare. This time, the twins combined their forces, trying to trap Crash within a nature cage. But with his air manipulation and elemental crates, Crash created a whirlwind, dissipating the cage and sending the twins reeling.

However, the true challenge awaited in the Throne Room. Momonga, with new world items and spells, stood ready. "You may have defeated my guardians, Crash, but you won't leave this tomb a second time."

A fierce battle ensued. Every time Crash used an ability, Momonga had a counter. From ice manipulation to beam emission, they traded blows, each trying to outdo the other. Crash's sonic wave emission clashed with Momonga's dark magic, creating shockwaves that resonated throughout the tomb.

It seemed as though the two were evenly matched. However, Crash, with his unyielding determination, managed to summon every ounce of his power. Using the Quad Damage, he increased his power, landing a series of blows on Momonga.

Momonga, realizing he was at a disadvantage, tried to immobilize Crash with a powerful spell. But Aku Aku, acting as Crash's shield, absorbed the brunt of the attack.

With one final effort, using the combined power of every ability at his disposal, Crash unleashed a massive spin attack, creating a vortex of energy. Momonga was pulled in, unable to resist the force.

The tomb fell silent. Crash and Aku Aku, once again victorious, made their way out, hoping that this time, they would find their way back to their own world.

Behind them, the Great Tomb of Nazarick began to rebuild once more, always remembering the marsupial that had defied them not once, but twice.

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
F6o7REkaUAAj-DU.jpg

Title: Crash Bandicoot and the Final Run in Nazarick

Crash found himself in a very familiar situation. Another rift, another accidental visit, and he was back, standing right in front of the massive doors of the Great Tomb of Nazarick. Aku Aku, floating beside him, sighed, "Well, third time's the charm, right?"

As the doors ominously creaked open, Momonga's voice echoed throughout the hall, dripping with disbelief and annoyance. "Not you again!"

Crash, taking this as a challenge, got into a sprinter's stance. Aku Aku muttered, "I think he's taking the 'speedrun' term a bit too seriously."

Without a second thought, Crash bolted inside, Aku Aku tailing behind. He spun past Albedo before she could even draw her weapon, leaving her in a whirlwind of confusion. She shook her head and yelled after him, "Hey! You didn't even let me finish my monologue!"

Demiurge tried setting up his mind games and illusions, but Crash, in his hurry, didn't even notice. He simply sped through, grabbing a stray apple and munching on it. Demiurge frowned, "That's just rude."

Shalltear Bloodfallen, remembering their previous encounters, summoned her minions en masse. But Crash, with fruit bazooka in hand, turned it into a makeshift game of bowling. With a triumphant cheer (and a strike!), he moved on.

Aura and Mare tried to ensnare him in their nature's grasp. Trees, vines, and winds tried to halt him, but Crash used his double jump and sliding techniques, turning their attempts into a sort of obstacle course. He grinned, giving them a thumbs-up, "Great practice!"

By the time he reached the Throne Room, Momonga had barely had time to stand from his throne. Crash skidded to a halt in front of him, slightly out of breath, and then gave a casual salute. Momonga, aghast, said, "Did you just... speedrun my tomb?"

Crash nodded proudly, doing a little victory dance. Aku Aku, trying to keep a straight face, said, "What can we say? Practice makes perfect."

Momonga sighed, "Just... go before you decide to do a '100% completion run' or something."

Crash and Aku Aku shared a laugh as they made their way out of the tomb, hoping they wouldn't accidentally drop by again. But as they left, Crash couldn't resist leaving behind a timer just outside the entrance, the numbers teasingly displaying his record-breaking run.
crash-bandicoot-dance.gif

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I'm avoiding LinkedIn for job searching now because they inflate application numbers. I've also heard that people have been getting more responses using Glassdoor, so I'm going to try that route. I already have a decently paying job as a Software QA Automation Engineer, but my company is boring, and their use of old technology and slow process of upgrading to newer technology is daunting at best. I'll send you a connection request on LinkedIn in a few minutes!
Oh, really? I kind of just want to use it as a social proof archive too. Thanks.
I added you, but thats not gonna do much lol XD

edit: I also forgot what I looked like without facial whiskers, so its really funny looking at my PFP on linkedin
Oh so that was you. I need a professional shot done soon but at least I look handsome in that damn selfie I took.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Oh so that was you. I need a professional shot done soon but at least I look handsome in that damn selfie I took.
I create my LD profile pic by sitting down at my desk, dressing up as casually as I could, pointed my phone camera towards a white background, and then used some AI background remover app after my phone spiced up the image a bit lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back