• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #45: Roll For Initiative

Status
Not open for further replies.

The problem is that the movie DOES imply pretty heavily Humans did destroy Buenos Aries to justify the war against the Bugs... but it's also all but shown the Bugs are absolutely EVERYTHING Humans have talked about and then some, including being able to fuck with Meteors and Asteroids to do exactly what Humans stated they did to Buenos Aries.

So in simple terms, Humans are bad... but the Bugs are even worse, especially with the Movie Sequels.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
When? Certainly not in the first movie, we literally SEE the meteor pass by Carmen's ship on its way to earth and they were only NOT able to warn Earth because it smashed their communications on the way passed.

There's no doubt nor any reason to doubt the Bugs destroyed Buenos Aries. If they retconned that to the humans doing it, it was definitely done later.
So in simple terms, Humans are bad... but the Bugs are even worse, especially with the Movie Sequels.
If anything the movie sequels are where the humans start to look worse, not the Bugs. The bugs are just doing more of the same. The only real anti-human sentiment in the first movie was them being too over-confident and under-estimating the Bugs' intelligence and they learn from that.

Again, it's only implications that the Humans was the one that did it, it's never stated in the movie itself or in later sequels(Which all but throw it that the Bugs are some evil motherfuckers).

If anything the movie sequels are where the humans start to look worse, not the Bugs. The only real anti-human sentiment in the first movie was them being too over-confident and under-estimating the Bugs' intelligence and they learn from that.

Maybe but I'm only stating that.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Again, it's only implications that the Humans was the one that did it, it's never stated in the movie itself or in later sequels(Which all but throw it that the Bugs are some evil motherfuckers).
But that's the thing, I'm not even seeing where it's IMPLIED that the humans did it to themselves. That sort of thing would definitely be something the film would highlight if it were the intention and I can't think of anything indicating it.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2

tekken land, sweeps, once again, wow, sf6 and mk1 stans, cant handle the t3 remix ost w

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
i dont want lars to be known as tekken endless mike aka toaster lover, dont do him like this, he even unlocked his good heihachi potential even
Hey I agree and I'm glad they didn't really include it in the actual story mode, but they definitely be pushing it in their endings.
It's fucking weird, I'm sitting there watching going "You remember she's a robot, right Lars"?

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
now all i want is, make kof15 competitive once again = add some of the rest and actual good dlc chars, announce vfighter 6, sc7 and doa7, for that kino fighting game era to be on point, like in the good times

plz delete also strive as side effect, thanks

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member

you see, this is why casuals/peeps who dont know how the whole genre looks like, should not play it, just cuz its on trend or mainstream, plus terms like skill issue or git gud

you cant become good in fighting games, in that short time, you have to play lots of them, both from 2d/3d era, from 90s/00s and all, lots of hours in practice/arcade modes, offline for a long time, to learn stuff, to become experienced as prologue, then get on online fights and challenge others, you have to learn strings, frames, mobility, zoning, how space is around a char, agility, reflexes, ''mind'' games, etc, its all part of this genre, it aint easy, i dont blame the boi, it aint an easy genre, but it can be learnt, with patience and motivation

if you want to have fun with your pals, play it, button mash, etc, do what you want, its for fun, but if you want to become good in online 1vs1 fights, that aint the right mindset, its basically how you feel and what you want to learn from a fighting game, mean, there are still times, i log in, in fightcade, i play few third strike/kof98 fights, and i beat some b class peeps, cuz of muscle memory, and all, and i aint as invested as i was younger, and i still got it

overall, as i grew up, i changed lots of genres and expanded my mindeset, but still gotta say, hack/slash/action/fighting games/adventure/beat em ups, still my fav ones, from the survival horror genre, only few of them are good anymore (even from the next gen era), except from the popular/known ones, both in tps and fps sides

overall, lol at 98% of the aaa games

Status
Not open for further replies.