• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #45: Roll For Initiative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
GGolmpnXIAEv9dz

Yes they should have tried to talk to the creatures who (despite having the capacity to do so through the brain bugs) made absolutely NO EFFORT to do so before deciding to attack Earth with a meteor. :kobeha

"But some humans went inside the Arachnid Quarantine Zone, that could have provoked the bugs."

Those people not only weren't military but were given explicit warnings NOT to do that and it wouldn't change the fact that the Bugs dropped a meteor on the humans without even an attempt at communication.

It's also directly mentioned that the Bugs were spreading/can spread to other worlds, which is probably why there was a Quarantine zone in the first place and means fighting them eventually would have been a NECESSITY no matter what.

The Bugs are absolutely the bad guys in the movie, it's beyond delusional to pretend otherwise. :mjlol

The problem is that the movie DOES imply pretty heavily Humans did destroy Buenos Aries to justify the war against the Bugs... but it's also all but shown the Bugs are absolutely EVERYTHING Humans have talked about and then some, including being able to fuck with Meteors and Asteroids to do exactly what Humans stated they did to Buenos Aries.

So in simple terms, Humans are bad... but the Bugs are even worse, especially with the Movie Sequels.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The problem is that the movie DOES imply pretty heavily Humans did destroy Buenos Aries to justify the war against the Bugs... but it's also all but shown the Bugs are absolutely EVERYTHING Humans have talked about and then some, including being able to fuck with Meteors and Asteroids to do exactly what Humans stated they did to Buenos Aries.
When? Certainly not in the first movie, we literally SEE the meteor pass by Carmen's ship on its way to earth and they were only NOT able to warn Earth because it smashed their communications on the way passed.

There's no doubt nor any reason to doubt the Bugs destroyed Buenos Aries. If they retconned that to the humans doing it, it was definitely done later.
So in simple terms, Humans are bad... but the Bugs are even worse, especially with the Movie Sequels.
If anything the movie sequels are where the humans start to look worse, not the Bugs. The bugs are just doing more of the same. The only real anti-human sentiment in the first movie was them being too over-confident and under-estimating the Bugs' intelligence and they learn from that.

When? Certainly not in the first movie, we literally SEE the meteor pass by Carmen's ship on its way to earth and they were only NOT able to warn Earth because it smashed their communications on the way passed.

There's no doubt nor any reason to doubt the Bugs destroyed Buenos Aries. If they retconned that to the humans doing it, it was definitely done later.

Again, it's only implications that the Humans was the one that did it, it's never stated in the movie itself or in later sequels(Which all but throw it that the Bugs are some evil motherfuckers).

If anything the movie sequels are where the humans start to look worse, not the Bugs. The only real anti-human sentiment in the first movie was them being too over-confident and under-estimating the Bugs' intelligence and they learn from that.

Maybe but I'm only stating that.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Again, it's only implications that the Humans was the one that did it, it's never stated in the movie itself or in later sequels(Which all but throw it that the Bugs are some evil motherfuckers).
But that's the thing, I'm not even seeing where it's IMPLIED that the humans did it to themselves. That sort of thing would definitely be something the film would highlight if it were the intention and I can't think of anything indicating it.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
The latest release in the Tekken franchise was sure to be one of the biggest fighting games of 2024. With both Street Fighter 6 and Mortal Kombat 1 being recent releases though, 8 had steeper competition than some past titles in the series. It’s beating them so far at least though. The game has managed to pass the 2 million milestone. Passing 2 million in this short of a time means Tekken 8 sales are definitely going faster than Street Fighter 6 sales. While the game hasn’t yet got a bigger player base, these new sales figures show it’s growing faster. These are strong numbers, especially considering it took longer for Tekken 7 to hit this mark. Tekken 8 proceeding so much faster is bright news for the title. It’s enjoying increased viewership on Twitch too, along with more attention for fighting game esports events.

tekken land, sweeps, once again, wow, sf6 and mk1 stans, cant handle the t3 remix ost w :wow

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
i dont want lars to be known as tekken endless mike aka toaster lover, dont do him like this, he even unlocked his good heihachi potential even:wow
Hey I agree and I'm glad they didn't really include it in the actual story mode, but they definitely be pushing it in their endings. :kobeha
It's fucking weird, I'm sitting there watching going "You remember she's a robot, right Lars"? :mjpls

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
now all i want is, make kof15 competitive once again = add some of the rest and actual good dlc chars, announce vfighter 6, sc7 and doa7, for that kino fighting game era to be on point, like in the good times :wow

plz delete also strive as side effect, thanks :wow

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
I’ve lost all motivation. I’ve played countless hours of mk1 and sf6 over the past few months and I can beat bots with no issues, I know tons of combos for a bunch of characters, but I still can’t play online without getting absolutely destroyed. my opponents almost always get flawless victories or i barely touch them. I spend a lot of time in practice and in unranked online matches. After a while I thought that maybe if I tried ranked (because I’d be the lowest rank) that maybe there will be people my skill level, and I couldn’t have been wronger if wronger was a word.

you see, this is why casuals/peeps who dont know how the whole genre looks like, should not play it, just cuz its on trend or mainstream, plus terms like skill issue or git gud

you cant become good in fighting games, in that short time, you have to play lots of them, both from 2d/3d era, from 90s/00s and all, lots of hours in practice/arcade modes, offline for a long time, to learn stuff, to become experienced as prologue, then get on online fights and challenge others, you have to learn strings, frames, mobility, zoning, how space is around a char, agility, reflexes, ''mind'' games, etc, its all part of this genre, it aint easy, i dont blame the boi, it aint an easy genre, but it can be learnt, with patience and motivation

if you want to have fun with your pals, play it, button mash, etc, do what you want, its for fun, but if you want to become good in online 1vs1 fights, that aint the right mindset, its basically how you feel and what you want to learn from a fighting game, mean, there are still times, i log in, in fightcade, i play few third strike/kof98 fights, and i beat some b class peeps, cuz of muscle memory, and all, and i aint as invested as i was younger, and i still got it

overall, as i grew up, i changed lots of genres and expanded my mindeset, but still gotta say, hack/slash/action/fighting games/adventure/beat em ups, still my fav ones, from the survival horror genre, only few of them are good anymore (even from the next gen era), except from the popular/known ones, both in tps and fps sides

overall, lol at 98% of the aaa games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back