OBD Convo #46: No Matter What!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubey

The Formality
RedEyesDarkDragoon-MP22-EN-PScR-1E.png

@Claudio Swiss

You know that stupid ass plot point in the "Remake" where the characters had to follow how the original game went and was forced onto by "Ghosts"? And the whole ending sequence of that game?
Those are the Arbiters of Fate.

And according to the spoilers, Bizzaro Sephiroth(Now stated as Sephiroth Reborn though to be frank, that was always meant to be it's name so it's a minor translation gaff) is Sephiroth literally melded with the sons of bitches... who still follows the same shit of the original timeline despite Aerith's death being what fucked him over last time. Though to be fair, it's heavily implied Cloud is losing his shit because he may have stabbed Aerith to death and doesn't really know about the Timeline Merge.
Makes the entire point of the end of "Remake" effectively pointless though as they still want to continue on with the "New Path Forward" but it still hits the same beats people got pissed it wasn't a true Remake.

It really doesn't help that FFVII Rebirth is having the exact same problem as "Remake" with the terrible pacing and apparently minigames out the ass to fit in with the lack of pacing.

"It really is a shame, because when the game wasn’t trying to get me to wander the world activating definitely-not-a-Sheikah-tower towers, or win a card game tournament on a cruise ship, or get literally sucked into a nostalgically polygonal RTS board game, or do stealth minigames to capture regional chocobo variants, I was having a good time. If reading that sentence made you feel a little tired, though, imagine how playing the game felt"

"Even when the original game was new, Final Fantasy 7’s density of minigames was slightly controversial. Rebirth, however, takes it to an entirely different level. Every new mundane task you might be asked to do involves a minigame now; the most egregious example, to me, was when I was asked to do a lock-picking-esque minigame to pick a freakin’ mushroom, testing the pliancy of the thing’s segments so I’d know how to safely get it out of the ground. Seriously, Cloud, just pick up the damn mushroom and let’s go."

"Rebirth’s most enjoyable and powerful moments come from nostalgic emotions and cinematic style, not from clambering up a radio tower to tick another box on a checklist. A game that has more of the former and less of the latter feels like it would stick the landing the remake series has been trying for."

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
So, it's been decided. This year, going to Greece, I'll be heading to Santorini, Naxos(possibly Mykonos after this) and Athens at the end. Want to go to more islands, but I'll have to save those for next year, when I go alone. This year, heading out with a few fam members, so had to make some compromise. Will be 8 days in total, but each is set to be jam-packed with exploring ancient sites and so forth. Many pictures will be taken, along with some videos.

And then, in 2025, I'll do it all over again, but even more buck-wild, going to the ancient sites I couldn't this year. I'mma be having the time of my life, lads. :lit

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
So, it's been decided. This year, going to Greece, I'll be heading to Santorini, Naxos(possibly Mykonos after this) and Athens at the end. Want to go to more islands, but I'll have to save those for next year, when I go alone. This year, heading out with a few fam members, so had to make some compromise. Will be 8 days in total, but each is set to be jam-packed with exploring ancient sites and so forth. Many pictures will be taken, along with some videos.

And then, in 2025, I'll do it all over again, but even more buck-wild, going to the ancient sites I couldn't this year. I'mma be having the time of my life, lads. :lit
Have a great ass time man. Hope you take some pictures of some of the historical sites for us to see. Would love to see you get some pictures of either the more famous places like the Acropolis and some lesser known ones like some former battle sites or even buildings made in the later Roman or Byzantine period.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member

Roshi a horrible mentor? Since fucking when?
:breh

This is the dude who personally made sure Goku understood how old he actually was and entered the tournament himself as Jackie Chun to give them a goal to strive towards so they didn't lose motivation, only stepping down from that role when Tien appeared who could do that for him.

In what universe is Roshi a horrible mentor?
:really
Dude made sure goku could literally function in a futuristic world not just count his age but also be literate enough to be able to read and write.

Seriously if you list every mentor in most anime Roshi would be top 5 most times.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Have a great ass time man. Hope you take some pictures of some of the historical sites for us to see. Would love to see you get some pictures of either the more famous places like the Acropolis and some lesser known ones like some former battle sites or even buildings made in the later Roman or Byzantine period.
I'm primarily zoned in on stuff from the classical and archaic periods, with some sprinkling of the Bronze Age in there. Knowing my mum though(who is obv going with me), we will prob be visiting a building or two from those eras, most likely churches or other such places of worship, which I don't mind.(outside of the occasional beach, because of course.)

I can rock it with the Greek Gods, while she rocks it with Jesus. We both good. :mjlol

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

Nice, I myself got a trip heading to South Korea later this year Im looking forward to

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Yea shit is pretty bullshit considering Sephiroth should be fighting fate at this point.

also considering his original goal of Godhood he should be defying fate at all cost, specially considering he have access to the original timeline.

:eksip

I think he's trying to hijack it so he can control everything as a god.

In fact that's probably why he's trying to merge the timelines. He needed to kill Aerith to kick start the plot but needs Cloud to not murder him....so he merges the timelines and gives him his second girlfriend and first boyfriend back :zaru

In fact that's probably the endgame. "Hey if you let me be god I'll make the world work exactly like you want it with all your friends alive and well", and the cast has to "sacrifice" a perfect fanfiction ending in order to preserve free will.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@Adamant soul Timings perfect, had a heart of the cards moment playing Yugioh online with Ice Barrier. Been practicing and going back to them ever since it got announced we’d be getting the new cards.

Basically became a topdecking match between me and a Dark World play. Dude had just Grapha on field and I had nothing on field or hand.

Top decked Hexa, summoned and used effect to send Mirror Master from deck to grave to copy its level, making Hexa Level 2.

Mirror Master when sent to grave let’s me add any Ice Barrier card, so I added and special summoned General Wayne, who than lets me add any Ice Barrier Spell or Trap, I grab Medallion and use it to search Speaker and summon Speaker.

Level 2 Tuner Hexa + Level 5 General Wayne + Level 4 Speaker = Summoning this Level 11 Synchro behemoth

de98n2u-c1688e72-2cc5-4982-a155-0bcdff47fb47.png

Practically had this theme playing in my head the whole time I did this comeback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back