• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #46: No Matter What!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
So figured out why I keep having problem with Naruto having Civilian council (Fan fiction) Non existent in fucking canon.

Basically

The main problem is Civilian traders are somehow operating as part of a ninja council.

The biggest problem is why most fanfic would have Choji's family running the restaurant or food business. Manga wise Akimichi is actually a drug business considering they produce their own medical pill for their secret jutsu.

Yamanaka are fucking Florist
Inuzuka are vets and animal food supplier.
Aburame literally are supplier of anything bug related.

Basically why would the Hokage prioritize a civilian merchant when they literally have clans operating as merchant within their own system, and somehow this civilian merchant can fuck up the money system when the ninja themselves are operating within the money system with their own fucking business.

So any form of civilian merchant council having a hold in Konoha is pretty moot when clan heads can literally represent them considering clans are literally merchant within the konoha systems
Hyuuga probably have their own shit considering how big they are. and we all know Uchiha is the fucking police force.

:eksip So yea civilian council is pretty dumb.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
8bfoqc.png

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
If dark animes/mangas have depressive, melancholic and deep stories (think Berserk)...

what are the animes/mangas on the opposite end of the spectrum?

Think super positive, surface-level euphoria inducing shows, that don't ever make you stress, get angry or sad
Since when do dark stories = deep and light stories = shallow? :tiredpepe
Deep definitely ties in with with dark more than light though.
No it doesn't, not inherently anyway.
Thought-provoking aspects of a show are basically the opposite of the feelings that wholesome cheerful shows try to elicit. The less you are forced to think in those and instead just are meant to enjoy and soak in the happy atmosphere, the better they get.
There are plenty light-hearted stories that have deeper elements in them, often pretty subtlety at that so that you CAN simply enjoy the spectacle if that's what you're there for, but can also go back and appreciate the deeper elements in them later.

Just like there are plenty of dark stories that are shallow as fuck and have little to nothing interesting to say.
Again, there is NO correlation between the intended tone of a story and how deep of a story it is.
So you still hold the L, sorry bro.
Hardly when all you're doing is talking out of your ass.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
People can say whatever about the Remake but I'm personally looking forward to seeing how square makes Vincent get cucked by Hojo of all people in modern graphics :mjlol . What the hell does Vincent see in Lucrecia man :jordangif.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed

Since when do dark stories = deep and light stories = shallow? :tiredpepe

No it doesn't, not inherently anyway.

There are plenty light-hearted stories that have deeper elements in them, often pretty subtlety at that so that you CAN simply enjoy the spectacle if that's what you're there for, but can also go back and appreciate the deeper elements in them later.

Just like there are plenty of dark stories that are shallow as fuck and have little to nothing interesting to say.
Again, there is NO correlation between the intended tone of a story and how deep of a story it is.

Hardly when all you're doing is talking out of your ass.
Yeah it just depends on execution for both. If shit gets too dark and people start dropping like flies and/or never succeed at anything then I have no real reason to care about the characters. Berserk always had a sliver of hope to keep you invested in seeing more of how Guts and his newfound gang will pull through.

King of time

Exceptional
He also basically had problems coming to our live streams where Blade would torment him too hard, even going so far as to commit outright acts of vandalism that resulted in him getting Kicked and punched. ban.
Nah I don't care much about that bruh, just like you I don't like downloading nasu

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Seeing his art about Dragon Ball

Makes me realize that Kishimoto, Oda and Kubo all seem to have an affinity for Tao Pai Pai. They all either drew him or have talked to Toriyama about him as a major figure. More than Demon King Piccolo or Cell

Tao was that nigga

Back when the series focused on physical
prowess he was killin dudes with his tongue and usung broken pillars as magic carpets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back