• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #46: No Matter What!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Thats what happened with FF7 Rebirth to you can literally spot models that were in forspoken and the contrast beetwen the MCs that are still anime-like and some other characters and then those forced inclusive characters is unreal
Why I didn’t pick it up. Squeenix wants to continue this even after Forspoken flopped, I’ll continue to not buy anything from them

Money going straight to Stellar Blade instead

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Why I didn’t pick it up. Squeenix wants to continue this even after Forspoken flopped, I’ll continue to not buy anything from them
It honestly makes one worry what's going to become of the Final Fantasy IX remake if it ever sees the light of day. Beyond the fact that if it ALSO drops the turn-based combat like VII Remake did, any interest I have in it will die on the spot, a flirtatious male protagonist like Zidane is not exactly a favorite for these types of people.

Only thing I'd definitely get is if they actually do the XIII collection, come to their senses and put it on PS5.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
It honestly makes one worry what's going to become of the Final Fantasy IX remake if it ever sees the light of day. Beyond the fact that if it ALSO drops the turn-based combat like VII Remake did, any interest I have in it will die on the spot, a flirtatious male protagonist like Zidane is not exactly a favorite for these types of people.

Only thing I'd definitely get is if they actually do the XIII collection, come to their senses and put it on PS5.
One can hope by the time they decide to work on it, they’ll have burned enough money by then to realize they need to just stick to what their actual fanbase wants

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
One can hope by the time they decide to work on it, they’ll have burned enough money by then to realize they need to just stick to what their actual fanbase wants
It's a sad thing that a simple thing like "giving your fanbase what they actually want" shouldn't be something these companies should need to "realize" is a good idea but those are the times we live in.

You did your remake which dropped the turn-based system and two mainline entries without it, now leave Final Fantasy IX's the fuck alone (aside from making it faster, adding multi-hitting moves and giving enemies more health to compensate) and just make it look like a current gen game.

The good thing is that Final Fantasy IX's art-style removes their favorite argument for not using "turn based" combat as it's a very cartoonish art style, not one that's going for any kind of realism so "we want to make them movie-like" isn't going to fly here.

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
GHt6FOXaEAABaNu

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Light only #10 UNDER Noctis :smh

Puts in Balthier for XII instead of Vaan or Ashe because "he has more main character energy" and says he's the "leading man". But yet, just like Vaan outright admits he's kind of along for the ride at certain points and just wants to see how it turns out, while Ashe is the character the story revolves around. If you're not using Vaan, the XII entry really should be Ashe.

Tidus at #5 over Zidane (#6) and Light :whatisthis
I mean if it was Yuna I'd be far more inclined to agree but much as I do like Tidus, I don't think he's top 5 worthy in terms of FF main characters.

Top 5 = Cloud #1, Clive #2, Cecil #3, Terra #4 and Tidus #5

I don't agree with Cloud OR Clive frankly being above Cecil, even at his best from the Og game I would NEVER put Cloud at number 1 and the absence of Yuna and Zack at least are disturbing. Serah should also be in the list, though lower down but whatever.

My own top 5 if we're excluding sequels and prequels like he did would be:
  1. Cecil Harvey
  2. Cloud Strife
  3. Lightning Farron
  4. Clive Rosfield
  5. Zidane Tribal
Top 5 including sequels and all would be:
  1. Zack Fair
  2. Yuna
  3. Cecil Harvey
  4. Lightning Farron
  5. Clive Rosfield
Cloud drops off frankly because the compilation hurts his character a lot more than helps him, while Light stays because her character only got better as a result of her devlopment continuing over the course of the trilogy. :maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back