OBD Convo #47: You Still Wanna F*** With Me?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Like here's a genuinely good example of a Deconstruction done right, you won't even notice it and it actually forms the core of a character's dynamic and TvTropes has it listed:

Master Roshi's Turtle School... no, I'm serious.
Yes, it has the Kamehameha like the typical Martial Arts Schools or otherwise back then and gives them lessons that makes them stronger... but then remember what ELSE Master Roshi does:
Master Roshi actually teaches you how to work a job, schooling, learning how to take a loss like a man and the ultimate lifestyle of continuing to train even you are the best in the world because someone out there may just whip your ass anyway.
Even with Saiyans and gods and all other bullshit the whole turtle school thing is something Toriyamma never forgot about.

End up going on a Kamen Rider binge while the Odysseus vs. Tesla Event is happening(Since people tend to see Odysseus as Fate's answer to a Kamen Rider).

Ends up getting the man like a day ago.

Well, now I officially can play as a Kamen Rider as I don't have Da Vinci as an Arts Rider looper lol.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Seriously though if you ever in a Philippine road with the PNR railroad, car crossing and people trying to cross the street shit is crazy as fuck specially when all that could be in your local wet Market, where people are actually walking right in the middle of street randomly.

:skully our roads may look good in the manila/tourist location but on other sectors of the country rarely seen in television/social media, it's pretty crazy.

King of time

Exceptional
Seriously, if you ever travel on a Philippine road with PNR railways, the cars crossing the road and people trying to cross the road are crazy, especially when all those things can have at your local Wet Market, where people are literally walking right in the middle of the street at random.
:tupacPhilippines and Vietnam seem similar

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
The Subversive bug(Or the Deconstruction bug as what it really is) is killing the fuck out of media as a whole and I blame most of it on TvTropes and the other half on writers who genuinely believing being subversive/deconstructive automatically equals making a good series when it doesn't.

Like the most obvious deconstruction of the "Harem MC" is literally obvious in real life and in shit like School Days already:
The only women who would sign up for it either have a few screws loose and will kill you... or is massively jealous and kill you. That or you would have issues pleasing those girls/guys because that's how human history works(And why it tends to be a landmine when you have concubines and wives and they all have kids and you are a ruler).
But the problem is that despite what most of these people think:
Deconstructions have already been done before and done BETTER and tend to fit the story at large. Just making a deconstruction for the sake of a deconstruction like with My Rental Girlfriend doesn't make a good realistic story, it just makes a shitty wannabe-realistic story that makes no sense.
Its so dumb dude, and the authors don't realize that most of their "desconstructions" fully rely on making the same tropes they are trying to subvert, like the manga i mentioned the actual MC has a harem of older girls, the whole thing with the other harem MC revolves around creating misunderstandings that MC could use a few words to explain himself better(i wonder where i saw this before) mind you he have this super AI that could help him avoid the trouble by telling him that, and he made the harem Mc guy an complete arrogant spoiled brat that is very different from the behaviour they usually have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back