OBD Convo #47: You Still Wanna F*** With Me?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
.>Reading this manga
.>Good stuff
.>Then author decides that he have make this sidecharacter be like a "harem MC" to subvert that trope
.> made everything about his shitty "subversion" wrong and he keeps trying to push that shit

Man some authors really fuck a great story with their shitty "i have to subvert this trope" :smh

I did binge-read all of Soul Cartel manhwa that feels like a shonen. The MC starts very weak and at the end can clash with the guy who made his own universe and other parallel universes. Human Spirit Mediums are just built differently in that verse. Or just him in general as he becomes a man who transcended past combat and spirit. Whatever the fuck that means.
C1ED5934-2377-4C85-9795-220F3E5C8AE0.jpg
4E49C1F0-6100-440B-88AA-177C5D87C48F.jpg

She's alive
@Xhominid The Apex ask him for further details

Why the hell you asking me?! You can literally google search it or look for it on the Wikia LMFAO.

Did we ever find out what happened to her? Last I remember she was abducted by the Nazi's and than we never heard about her again.

In the Manga, you don't really see her again after we see that Yhwach defeated her and had her in the Palace. Neliel implies that she found Harribel but it's not really given onus that she found a person but more she found something in the Warwhelt.

In CFYOW, it's confirmed she found and rescued Harribel. We don't get any reason why Yhwach abducted her in the first place(Which is more of Narita trying to cover Kubo's ass because I think he blew threw it and forgot entirely until recently) and they become the Co-Rulers of Heuco Muendo in all but name(Harribel doesn't want to start shit with Grimmjow because "Pacifism"(How else you think she didn't murder Nniotra immediately?) but Neliel isn't having his shit whatsoever and tends to dog him like she did Nniotra.).

.>Reading this manga
.>Good stuff
.>Then author decides that he have make this sidecharacter be like a "harem MC" to subvert that trope
.> made everything about his shitty "subversion" wrong and he keeps trying to push that shit

Man some authors really fuck a great story with their shitty "i have to subvert this trope" :smh

The Subversive bug(Or the Deconstruction bug as what it really is) is killing the fuck out of media as a whole and I blame most of it on TvTropes and the other half on writers who genuinely believing being subversive/deconstructive automatically equals making a good series when it doesn't.

Like the most obvious deconstruction of the "Harem MC" is literally obvious in real life and in shit like School Days already:
The only women who would sign up for it either have a few screws loose and will kill you... or is massively jealous and kill you. That or you would have issues pleasing those girls/guys because that's how human history works(And why it tends to be a landmine when you have concubines and wives and they all have kids and you are a ruler).
But the problem is that despite what most of these people think:
Deconstructions have already been done before and done BETTER and tend to fit the story at large. Just making a deconstruction for the sake of a deconstruction like with My Rental Girlfriend doesn't make a good realistic story, it just makes a shitty wannabe-realistic story that makes no sense.

Like here's a genuinely good example of a Deconstruction done right, you won't even notice it and it actually forms the core of a character's dynamic and TvTropes has it listed:

Master Roshi's Turtle School... no, I'm serious.
Yes, it has the Kamehameha like the typical Martial Arts Schools or otherwise back then and gives them lessons that makes them stronger... but then remember what ELSE Master Roshi does:
Master Roshi actually teaches you how to work a job, schooling, learning how to take a loss like a man and the ultimate lifestyle of continuing to train even you are the best in the world because someone out there may just whip your ass anyway.

You don't even realize it's a deconstruction until you look at other shows that have Martial Arts Schools that basically just do the shit and you just get stronger because "Martial Arts School". The closest thing we have to this in equality is Mr. Miyagi's training in Karate Kid for the same deal:
His training seems like you are just doing chores and working around his house... until you finally realize that no, the specific things you are doing IS training. It's a combo of life experience, taking care of things AND learning the basics of how to fight all at the same time.

Ultimately like someone stated in the Farms awhile back about this is the entire point of Deconstruction is to give people something they never knew they wanted rather than what they think they want aka, you take something away and give them double of what they didn't know they wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back