OBD Convo #47: You Still Wanna F*** With Me?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
maxresdefault.jpg

You’re looking at their faces? 🤨
yes actually.

:eksip My standard is face first then whatever the hell you drew.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
astaro when the human magician with god level magic has durability anti-feats when they're not protecting themselves with magic

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
They're frauds and they still beat everyone in OT and NT with Risk 4 :tupac
I’m on GT8. Risk 4 isn’t much so far. You got Mary holding her own against Trismegistus already in Risk 4 just fine showing the jump in power isn’t anything notable

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
I’m on GT8. Risk 4 isn’t much so far. You got Mary holding her own against Trismegistus already in Risk 4 just fine showing the jump in power isn’t anything notable
So that's a feat for their base magic then :char

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Someone's jimmies are rustled. :mjpls

No one is expecting it to be perfect, we're just expecting it to not be garbage which isn't a lot to ask. Nice strawman though. :maybe

Yu-Gi-Oh DM and GX both had solid storytelling throughout up to and including the ending.
Same for Digimon Adventure 01, Tamers, Frontier and Savers.

Sure none of them are PERFECT (because no story is) but the issues that they have are ultimately minor or not significant enough to ruin them and certainly not remotely on the level of what AoT shat out.
I think FMA deserves a mention as well for being solid all the way through and ending well in a way that gave everyone a good send off and completing their story lines and never dropping the landing. Not perfect but good all the same.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Read above
Risk 4 already has them leave human territory just by activating it.
There's nothing situational: they just need to activate Risk 4 to one shot a Magic God.

I feel like you're ignoring some context as to how Mary is able to fight Tris while he's in Risk 4.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I think FMA deserves a mention as well for being solid all the way through and ending well in a way that gave everyone a good send off and completing their story lines and never dropping the landing. Not perfect but good all the same.
Yeah, it's definitely rare that series maintain consistency throughout and stick the landing but it definitely happens.

Honestly I could have brought up Digimon Xros Wars as well if not for rushed the ending was, because they wanted to get to Young Hunters. The actual content of the ending is fine, hell the DarkKnightmon swerve was great, it just needed an extra episode or two to let the "deaths" have weight.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Someone's jimmies are rustled. :mjpls

No one is expecting it to be perfect, we're just expecting it to not be garbage which isn't a lot to ask. Nice strawman though. :maybe

Yu-Gi-Oh DM and GX both had solid storytelling throughout up to and including the ending.
Same for Digimon Adventure 01, Tamers, Frontier and Savers.

Sure none of them are PERFECT (because no story is) but the issues that they have are ultimately minor or not significant enough to ruin them and certainly not remotely on the level of what AoT shat out.
Fucking Kekkaishi

Seriously underrated manga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back