OBD Convo #47: You Still Wanna F*** With Me?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
While I still REALLY don't like the ending of this game (and frankly have problems with most of the third act, largely stemming from Ultima being boring at best and outright lame at worst, resulting in the side quests carrying the shit out of the third act) I can't deny the closing moments of the actual Ultima boss fight are up there for one of the hypest moments in FF.

Still The Rising Tide REALLY needs to either give us an alternate ending or at least confirm Clive's survival 'cause him dying adds nothing to the ending and just seemed to be done for the sake of people who would otherwise complain the ending was too cheesy or optimistic.

Fully agree on that. Not to mention "hey turns out I can't do the one thing the entire plot revolves around me being able to do" was a diabolus ex machina to make the plot end bittersweet.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
If he does avoid the chair, they better put him in for life with no chance of parol, in the cell block with the most violent criminals and gang bangers, and making what he did to that child public to the entire prison

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Final Fantasy I - Skipped over...the correct answer is Garland though. :maybe
Final Fantasy II - Firion...again though the correct answer is the Emperor, do villains not count as characters or something?
Final Fantasy III - Luneth...don't know enough about this game to complain.
Final Fantasy IV - Cecil Harvey...oh look they got the correct answer this time.
Final Fantasy V - Lenna Charlotte Tycoon...don't know enough about this game to argue.
Final Fantasy VI - Celes Chere...I'm given to understand it's basically between her and Terra for this game so okay.
Final Fantasy VII - Tifa Lockheart...can't fault the choice but I'd go with Cloud from the OG game, Zack from the compilation.
Final Fantasy VIII - Seifer Almasy...oof that's a hard nope, he's alright but for VIII the best character is Zell IMO.
Final Fantasy IX - Zidane Tribal...way to get back on track with another correct answer.
Final Fantasy X - Auron...like Tifa not a choice I can fault but Yuna will always be the best X character IMO.
Final Fantasy XII - Balthier...yeah it's either him or Ashe.
Final Fantasy XIII - Lightning...I am genuinely shocked to see her as the pick and not Sazh, good choice, still prefer Hope though.
Final Fantasy XV - Noctis Lucis Caelum...nah DLC definitely hands this one to Ignis.
Final Fantasy XVI - Cidolfus "Cid" Telamon...I can see it but any answer other than Clive is the wrong answer I'm afraid.

I expected to find a lot more fault with this video than I did, but the biggest thing I vehemently disagreed with is "Final Fantasy XIII being arguably the worst in the series and Lightning being good in spite of it". :facepalm

Last edited:

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Vincent is the best FF7 character

D0866872-DBF4-45-BF-955-B-990-B841-A29-EE.jpg

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member

Final Fantasy I - Skipped over...the correct answer is Garland though. :maybe
Final Fantasy II - Firion...again though the correct answer is the Emperor, do villains not count as characters or something?
Final Fantasy III - Luneth...don't know enough about this game to complain.
Final Fantasy IV - Cecil Harvey...oh look they got the correct answer this time.
Final Fantasy V - Lenna Charlotte Tycoon...don't know enough about this game to argue.
Final Fantasy VI - Celes Chere...I'm given to understand it's basically between her and Terra for this game so okay.
Final Fantasy VII - Tifa Lockheart...can't fault the choice but I'd go with Cloud from the OG game, Zack from the compilation.
Final Fantasy VIII - Seifer Almasy...oof that's a hard nope, he's alright but for VIII the best character is Zell IMO.
Final Fantasy IX - Zidane Tribal...way to get back on track with another correct answer.
Final Fantasy X - Auron...like Tifa not a choice I can fault but Yuna will always be the best X character IMO.
Final Fantasy XII - Balthier...yeah it's either him or Ashe.
Final Fantasy XIII - Lightning...I am genuinely shocked to see her as the pick and not Sazh, good choice, still prefer Hope though.
Final Fantasy XV - Noctis Lucis Caelum...nah DLC definitely hands this one to Ignis.
Final Fantasy XVI - Cidolfus "Cid" Telamon...I can see it but any answer other than Clive is the wrong answer I'm afraid.

I expected to find a lot more fault with this video than I did, but the biggest thing I vehemently disagreed with is "Final Fantasy XII being arguably the worst in the series and Lightning being good in spite of it". :facepalm

XII was weak but it was mostly a fun game, XIII was just whatever

I remember when i was a kid i didn't understand shit of how the combat worked, what i did was to chain quicknening as many times as fast as possible on bosses :skully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back