• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #48: WAGA TAMASHII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
So we have the full King of the Ring bracket.

gm8y_z5xmaeobxk.webp

I don't really see a universe where Gunther doesn't at least win the entire Raw bracket and go on to the Finals though, in all likelihood, he's probably gonna win the whole thing as a way of bouncing back and re-establishing his dominance after losing the IC title to Sami Zayn.

He's definitely not beating Jey clean though (yes I think Jey is beating Ilya, Triple H most likely KNOWS people want Ilya vs Gunther, they ain't gonna pull the trigger yet until Ilya is built up a bit more on the main roster), most likely via Judgement Day or Ludwig Kaiser interference or both.

For the Smackdown bracket, I can only really see LA Knight winning that, most likely by winning the rubber match against AJ Styles since they both have a win over each other. There's a CHANCE that he beats Gunther as well but I doubt it as Babyfaces almost never win KOTR (at least from what I've seen).

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
So we have the full King of the Ring bracket.

gm8y_z5xmaeobxk.webp

I don't really see a universe where Gunther doesn't at least win the entire Raw bracket and go on to the Finals though, in all likelihood, he's probably gonna win the whole thing as a way of bouncing back and re-establishing his dominance after losing the IC title to Sami Zayn.

He's definitely not beating Jey clean though (yes I think Jey is beating Ilya, Triple H most likely KNOWS people want Ilya vs Gunther, they ain't gonna pull the trigger yet until Ilya is built up a bit more on the main roster), most likely via Judgement Day or Ludwig Kaiser interference or both.

For the Smackdown bracket, I can only really see LA Knight winning that, most likely by winning the rubber match against AJ Styles since they both have a win over each other. There's a CHANCE that he beats Gunther as well but I doubt it as Babyfaces almost never win KOTR (at least from what I've seen).

Gonna go ahead and call it now. Gunther vs Orton. I give it to Orton with mid to high diff.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

Oof I love it when support for one theme types up as equally amazing support for another theme.

Treated as Marincess, a free body that easily summons herself from hand or grave, and lets me look at the opponents hand when used as Link Material? Broken.

I still got to try out the Trickstar support but holy shit this card is crazy good in Marincess. Can ditch the frankly terrible Mandarin and Sea Nettles I’ve been playing for 2-3 of this card. Even once per Duel, you still want to play more than 1 copy of this.

Love the free hand knowledge I get too

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Cody finished his story, now it may be time for him to tie up some loose ends.

lol if DiBiasie Jr comes back :heston

:jordangif
Oh Cody vs Orton almost certainly WILL happen during this title reign, presumably for one of the bigger events 'cause the story writes itself pretty much with Cody starting as a minion/faction member for Orton's Legacy and now being the top guy.

Maybe have Ted make a cameo appearance at some point during the feud. :maybe

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Saitama don’t belong there.

Between Alien X and Goku, I think Goku’s got a solid advantage over him at this point.

And as usual, depends on which version of Superman we’re talking. Pre-Crisis Supes still probably has enough Looney Toons level BS to win even though I personally think this fight is now close with current Goku.

Post-Crisis and New 52 would lose to any version of Goku after acquiring God Ki, and current Supes now solidly beats Goku with his recent feat of taking out the World Forger and confirmation from the author that yes, Supes literally obliterated an entire multiverse with a punch when he did

Last edited:

Never not makes me laugh when people believe the Sequels will be loved in a decade or two when there is damn good reason why that happened to the Prequels:

1. Most of the people going all in for the Prequels was kids when the Prequels came out and thus couldn't speak out against OT-tards going full moron about how the Prequels wasn't what they wanted.

2. The Sequels happened which showed people that for all of the faults they had of the Prequels, Disney didn't learn shit and just did the OT again with absolutely no reason why it even should have happened in the series' timeline.

3. Everyone related to the OT fucking DIED, meaning there is absolutely no reason to follow the Sequel Trilogy and instead just follow the Legends EU because atleast for all of the ridiculous stories, Luke and co. had a good ending and he still mentored his ancestor even in death.

4. The Prequels are actually FUN, whether you are dissecting them for shit to laugh at or just to see Jedi be badasses or to see just how crazy the Clone Wars(Not that shitty Filoni one) can get.

It's funny because the same treatment is hilariously happening to Indiana Jones and The Crystal Skull and Indiana Jones and The Dial of Destiny. For all of the shit people may not like about The Crystal Skull, atleast Jones wasn't ultimately made a shell of his former self, lost his wife, LOST HIS KID(Seriously, what the fuck Disney?!) and barely mattered in his own movie to the point it was the "brand new" female lead that had to stop him from basically committing suicide by staying in the past because "there's nothing left for him in the present".

And honestly watching Crystal Skull? Again, atleast that movie is FUN and knows it's shit is bonkers.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Never not makes me laugh when people believe the Sequels will be loved in a decade or two when there is damn good reason why that happened to the Prequels:

1. Most of the people going all in for the Prequels was kids when the Prequels came out and thus couldn't speak out against OT-tards going full moron about how the Prequels wasn't what they wanted.

2. The Sequels happened which showed people that for all of the faults they had of the Prequels, Disney didn't learn shit and just did the OT again with absolutely no reason why it even should have happened in the series' timeline.

3. Everyone related to the OT fucking DIED, meaning there is absolutely no reason to follow the Sequel Trilogy and instead just follow the Legends EU because atleast for all of the ridiculous stories, Luke and co. had a good ending and he still mentored his ancestor even in death.

4. The Prequels are actually FUN, whether you are dissecting them for shit to laugh at or just to see Jedi be badasses or to see just how crazy the Clone Wars(Not that shitty Filoni one) can get.

It's funny because the same treatment is hilariously happening to Indiana Jones and The Crystal Skull and Indiana Jones and The Dial of Destiny. For all of the shit people may not like about The Crystal Skull, atleast Jones wasn't ultimately made a shell of his former self, lost his wife, LOST HIS KID(Seriously, what the fuck Disney?!) and barely mattered in his own movie to the point it was the "brand new" female lead that had to stop him from basically committing suicide by staying in the past because "there's nothing left for him in the present".

And honestly watching Crystal Skull? Again, atleast that movie is FUN and knows it's shit is bonkers.
The Prequels also have the distinct advantage of the fact, that the story they're telling is actually a good one. Yes the execution of it (in particular the romance) wasn't the best but at least shit by and large makes sense unlike the sequels.

But yeah this shit just keeps happening with all these franchises. Like it becoming a lot harder to shit on the Hobbit films when the Rings of Power exists. :mjpls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back