OBD Convo #48: WAGA TAMASHII

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
So... I ended up in a crash, about an hour and a half ago, on my way to work. Car's now in a hedge. Body's still full of adrenaline, but thankfully not harmed at all.
Damn, as much as that sucks it’s good to know you’re alright. A car can eventually be replaced. Your health is what matters the most

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
thank god ya ok m8 hope things get good for ya
how the heck it happened
I came beyond a turn, didn't see the car coming initially, as they didn't have their lights on(dark enough that the car could be hidden) and I was coming out and making the turn, the driver turned their lights on to let me know they were there, though it was a bit late for that, with how far out I was. They slowed down for me, and I got passed them, but the surprise of that had me turning my head away toward them for just a split second, as I passed them out, and... yeah, I realized my mistake right as it happened. Not that I could do anything about it, at that point, other than feel the car take the impact into the hedge and go sideways.:wow

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Damn, as much as that sucks it’s good to know you’re alright. A car can eventually be replaced. Your health is what matters the most
Yeah, it definitely could've gone worse(could've been going faster than I was, which would've made the collision into the hedge far worse than it was), and I'm glad I didn't take any injuries. Thanks for the concern.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Yeah, it definitely could've gone worse(could've been going faster than I was, which would've made the collision into the hedge far worse than it was), and I'm glad I didn't take any injuries. Thanks for the concern.
Either this, or the other car never slowed down... Had they not done that, oof... that hit would've been rough.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Been driving now for 11 years in Florida where everyone sucks at driving. Only had two incidents, first was driving at night and a fucking cat jumped right into the view of my headlights. Swerved so hard to avoid running it over I could have tipped over my CRV and then swerved just as hard right back onto the road and narrowly avoided hitting the trees on the side of the road.

Second one, I got blind sided by the sun and put down my visor just to spill all the stuff I kept on it like my napkins and lotto tickets. Took a moment to clear them out of the way of the pedal and when I looked back up, the back end of a car that stopped for the light was just a few feet away.

Slammed the breaks but still ended up bumping it. Their car was undamaged since they had a spare tire to absorb the whole impact but I ended up with a cracked headlight and part of the bumper destroyed.

Thankfully, they didn’t sue or demand compensation like a lot of these assholes looking to make easy money do, so I was really lucky and grateful for that. The insurance paying for my damages and my rates going up accordingly was enough

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
So... I ended up in a crash, about an hour and a half ago, on my way to work. Car's now in a hedge. Body's still full of adrenaline, but thankfully not harmed at all.
Glad to hear you're healthy enough to post here.

As long as you aren't seriously injured/lost anything, whatever got wrecked can be bought/fixed again.
Always be mindful on the road, just being careful isn't enough when other people are careless enough to cause harm to you.

:eksip Take care dude.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
They finally allow Gohan to be one armed again.

:eksip Been annoying for awhile where they keep giving Gohan his lost arm but never able to use it.
Like in BT3 where he had his arm and it just dangled there useless?

You’ll be pleasantly surprised to know based on leaked images that Future Gohan is also one-armed in Sparking Zero

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Yea pretty much like almost 15 years of that in almost every other media. IIRC.
BT3 was so awkward about it. Like you can tell by how it moved that the arm had full mobility and yet all his combos and unique attack animations were animated like he only had 1 arm, most egregiously firing his Kamehameha one handed.

It looks less like he was disabled and more like he just refused to do anything with his left arm besides stances and his Base form throw (which is a generic throw in this game shared by several characters)

:hestonpls

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
BT3 was so awkward about it. Like you can tell by how it moved that the arm had full mobility and yet all his combos and unique attack animations were animated like he only had 1 arm, most egregiously firing his Kamehameha one handed.

It looks less like he was disabled and more like he just refused to do anything with his left arm besides stances and his Base form throw (which is a generic throw in this game shared by several characters)

Yea there's probably a ban about dismembering at some point in video games in JP, or something as even dokkan releases 2 armed future gohan around 2015~2020

:eksip they probably lifted it at some point as we are now getting more brutal video games again specially after the heat with localizers.

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

I get the impression that the character was developed as if he only had one arm but due to censorship to maintain the classification they changed it.

Back