OBD Convo #48: WAGA TAMASHII

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

The exact moment ZEXAL said "alright enough playing around, time to get serious up in here". :awesome

Swaggy motherfucker Kaito coming in with his best Kamen Rider Chronos impression, slowing time and whistling while he walks up to Yuma. :amazing

I mean damn this ass-beating had both Yuma and Astral shook which made the rematch at the end of season 1 all the more tense. While I personally enjoy Yuma's rivalry with Shark more than the Kaito one, Kaito is easily my favorite rival character from Yu-Gi-Oh!.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

"With 70 additional episodes of character development, deck development and so on, who would win at the end of the series."

Yuma and handily at that. Prime Photon Dragon is nice and all but compared to all the new Hope variants (Hope Victory, Beyond the Hope, Future Hope etc.), Kaito didn't improve anywhere near as much over the course of ZEXAL II as Yuma and Shark/Nasch did.

Just like how it'd be pretty hard to argue Ryo (be it as Kaiser or Hell Kaiser) still being able to beat Judai by EoS
Better question would be which final rival duel is better, Yuma vs Kaito III or Yuma vs Nasch? :maybe

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
65920-B1-A-748-F-4658-989-B-40468043-B57-F.jpg

Super manga is resuming

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
65920-B1-A-748-F-4658-989-B-40468043-B57-F.jpg

Super manga is resuming
*Next arc focusing on the Red Ribbon Army

Toyo, fuck the Red Ribbon Army. There’s nothing left to care about them. How about some actual world building for once, expanding and focusing on that multiverse Toriyama has established instead of staying stuck in Universe 7?

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
*Next arc focusing on the Red Ribbon Army

Toyo, fuck the Red Ribbon Army. There’s nothing left to care about them. How about some actual world building for once, expanding and focusing on that multiverse Toriyama has established instead of staying stuck in Universe 7?
I think it’s just the art Toyo is putting out in the meantime (Gero’s son, etc)

The actual story arc hasn’t been revealed yet

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I think it’s just the art Toyo is putting out in the meantime (Gero’s son, etc)

The actual story arc hasn’t been revealed yet
Hope so. These past few arcs have been so mundane that were still stuck to scaling everything to SSG Goku vs Beerus lol

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Gas had zero fucking talking points. More then half the DBZ non canon movie villain roster were more compelling villains then him

Moro was sort of interesting, being a mage over a pure fighter for once and expanding on the lore with his history against the Kais. Liked how his arc finally gave Fat Buu his time to shine too

I really wish Vegeta was the one to have beaten him instead of Goku too

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I actually preferred Gas over Moro. To me Moro is the worst villain in Super

But at the end of the Granola was the best out of the 3

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I say Gas was worse. I’ll take flawed and Gary Stu-ish villains that rely on asspull like Moro over just plain dull and boring

Back