• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #49: I RECEIVE YOU

King of time

Exceptional
The problem with the skeptic argument is that it’s literally just “there is no evidence” to which the appropriate response is “the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence”. After which you proceed to construct the magnum opus and yes there is evidence of God found all over the universe and in three planes, astral, mental and physical (the physical evidence will be the final nail in the coffin.)

But just consider the history of man for an instant. If we trace its roots back to antiquity we see a common thread of creator gods and lesser gods. The sun and the sky is most common, time being the enemy. This has devolved into fairy tales of the oral variety such as Disney’s princes who save the princess, and then more into modern fiction. Just as an example darkseid’s anti-life equation is inspired by Pythagoras who believed “all is number”. Pein from Naruto was inspired by Buddhism, dbz by journey to the west, etc. so by these patterns we understand that all of this is coming from the mind of God.
you are a philosopher

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
1NpJN2B.png

Cubey

The Formality

For all my faithbros itt

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

"Iyo Sky vs Bianca Bel Air seemed like the perfect choice storyline and name value wise, not to mention the fact the King and Queen of the Ring finals have no storyline behind them hurts their hype factor."

I don't agree. Frankly I think Iyo vs Bianca was SO obvious that making the swerve was actually the right thing to do. Add on top of this that the goal is to make the King and Queen of the Ring Tournaments feel important so IMO you actually DON'T want the finals to be overshadowed by the past history/feuds of the people involved since, at that point, it's not about the tournament anymore.

I'm much more excited about the Cinderella underdog story being told through Lyra's run in the tournament than I would have been if they just went with the expected match. Assuming Nia does win on Smackdown, this adds to the underdog story even more because Nia is not only a proven name but is a freaking massive monster heel. All of this is of course helped by Lyra already having proved she can put on great matches.

On the Gunther vs Orton side, the storyline is Gunther trying to assert his dominance by becoming King of the Ring while Orton is trying to achieve the one thing he hasn't done in his career. The storylines are actually there, it's just that those storylines are actually centred on the tournament itself which makes the tournament and its finals feel all the more important.

The ONLY thing I'll agree with Santi on in this front, is that the winner NEEDS to get SOMETHING for winning beyond the crown. Preferably a shot for the winner's respective big title. If all they get is ultimately a meaningless moniker then it just makes the tournament a waste of time.

Back